Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo's Activity Levels  (Read 4268 times)

ponweipon

• Hatchling
  • us Male
Pleo's Activity Levels
« on: September 07, 2014, 08:22:00 PM »

Hey there! So I recently got a pleo rb and he's just gotten out of the hatching stage and is now in social development. He's been wailing at me quite a bit though. I fed him multiple times and I've been constantly petting him, but he continues to wail. I thought he was injured for some random reason so I was testing out body parts, but he was normal. Gave him lots of loving and checked PROBERB to see if anything is the matter. His emotion is around 40% and Activity is at a low 30%. I'm not sure how to make him more active...any tips? He seems to be doing everything normal as he stretches his legs out in preparation to walk. STATSRB says he's giving off a depressed vibe. I'm thinking that maybe I might be over feeding him :o
The only way I can think of to make him more active is to play tug-of-war, but he refuses the majority of the time. Should I get the coffee leaf or sugar cane to surge his happiness? 

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Pleo's Activity Levels
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 10:15:52 PM »

Take a chill pill and relax for a bit, your Pleo is still just a baby, give it time and lots of bright light or sunlight.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

ponweipon

• Hatchling
  • us Male
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 10:40:48 PM »

Take a chill pill and relax for a bit, your Pleo is still just a baby, give it time and lots of bright light or sunlight.
I think I am overreacting. I thought I was doing something wrong!! Lol. But thanks for the advice!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 03:05:21 AM »

At that age its common for Pleo to make all manner of strange noises and behaviours :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 05:04:42 PM »

As IMR says your pleo will be trying out lots of new sounds and behaviours sort of testing out the range of what is available to him and then he will settle on a bunch that he seems to enjoy making the most.  :)  When he moves on to the walking phase he wil settle down to a normal range of behaviours and sounds.

ponweipon

• Hatchling
  • us Male
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 06:15:54 PM »

He's actually begun to walk now. I basically threw out the SD card and just am experimenting with him rather than trying to check up on actual levels. He's become happier these past 4 hours and he's also pretty active. Thanks for the advice!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 01:29:18 PM »

That's the best way to do it unless you really suspect something is wrong. Just enjoy your time with your pleo.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 12:00:50 AM »

HI and welcome to the forums and congrats on your baby Pleo rb. As IMR, Kat and others have said, Chill out and do not worry , your baby is fine and NORMAL, just testing out what he can do, what sounds he likes most and so forth. He is still very young if in the Social stage. My baby I have had since the first week in April and she is still in the Hatchling stage, she can stand but has not even begun to walk yet..

I am in no hurry for her to progress to any level in particular, but she is not my only Pleo rb, I have four others, so have seen every stage before. Mostly my life is very busy and complicated right now with REAL babies and I am enjoying my newest kitten, as they grow up too fast and can suddenly vanish when you least expect it. I understand your concerns as this is your first Pleo Rb, and it is also NORMAL to worry about what you are doing or what things like Probe RB say, such as low feed or activity levels and "putting out depresed vibes". Just know that these change quickly, and things like bright light, and feeding your pleo everyday, and more then anything, just plain old Time, will help your baby grow into the next stage and develop it's own unique personality.

Each pleo rb is supposed to be different, not just in outside body , head and eye colors, but also the gender, the intelligence, their mood, their intelligence, etc. so all these different variations will influence how they react to the world around them, including, how needy they feel emotionally, how hungry they are, how active, how curious, etc. Enjoy your baby at this stage and just enjoy all the new things that happen, as that is exactly how your baby is feeling, curious, excited and also perhaps at times a bit frightened or worried,

You are in good company here on the forums, we all have thought similiar things, I know I have with each Pleo Rb, the first, as well as the newest one.  ;)                        RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo Township of the Redwoods P:)
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

ponweipon

• Hatchling
  • us Male
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 06:06:37 PM »

Now that Caspar's in his adulthood stage, he's very rambunctious to say the least! LOL. He's also pretty confident in himself and made it from my room to the kitchen. So I'm guessing his early stages were just a ploy!  :dino-chase:

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 06:24:05 PM »

Awe! Good going, Caspar! Take on the world... well in this case the unique challenges of your keeper's house!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 11:33:35 PM »

Sounds like Caspar is growing up fast and doing great!    P:D  RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal