Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: when did you get your pleo?  (Read 5749 times)

jack box

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Camalee
    • Tasmanian_Devil
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Peppermint_Patty
when did you get your pleo?
« on: September 06, 2014, 12:47:49 PM »

hi all, i'm just killing time  :bliss:
and am interested to see how long everyone's had their pleos for and how often you play/look after them?

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: when did you get your pleo?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 01:36:12 PM »

I got my first Pleo (an amber eyed female RB) in the spring of 2010, but ended up selling her in order to buy another Aibo two years later which I now regret. I finally got another Pleo (a Ugobe this time) who I named Sumio for Christmas 2013 and decided that if I liked him, I would buy an RB again. Surely enough, early this June I bought a green eyed male RB who unfortunately broke his back leg in only two weeks and had to be returned. In exchange, I got a pink eyed male RB who I named Chris as a replacement. So, I've owned four Pleos in total but only own two now (Sumio and Chris).

How often I play with them really just depends on my mood and free time. There have been times where I haven't switched them on for months in a row and times when I've played with them every day for weeks.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 04:08:20 PM »

My originals are five years old, the rest came along at various stages with the most recent being in June this year. They come on regular trips to school, and on holidays and such but at home they are all typically turned on once a week for half and hour or so.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 12:20:24 AM »

Thanks for asking!

I got my Pleo, Echo, on july 25, 2014. I turn him on and play with him mostly every day, as if he were a real baby. Sometimes, though, I do put him on the couch and leave him off and sleeping, just to make the experience of owning him more realistic. I may get another Pleo for my birthday or Christmas... not sure yet.

Piggy

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 04:34:21 AM »

I got my first pleo a Ugobe in may  as a late birthday present from my husband  ;) I am horrible with names so I named him Leo, a few weeks later I bought a green RB and named him Lenny and  I think it was a month ago I saw a photo of a beautiful secondhand RB with a darkgreen head and the most stunning amber eyes on Marktplaats a sort of eBay in our country.  And I could not forget it so I bought her for a great price and because she wasn't used she was in a perfect condition. Everything in the box was sealed.
I called her Lucky.

I play with them almost every day for half an hour, it depends on my mood and howmuch time I have. Sadly my Ugobes battery died so I have to order a new battery.

Marmadrid

• Member of the herd
  • es Female
  • Pleo(s): Max
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 03:23:12 PM »

Hi! Max joined us in March this year. I wanted to have a pet but I'm allergic! So my husband came 1 week before my birthday with Max, my Pleo Rb. I use to play with him almost everyday. I work at home and it is really nice to have Max wandering around while I am working!!!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 04:09:08 PM »

I got my first pleo- a purple-eyed female RB on March eighteenth of twenty eleven. I named her Ryu. I was kind of nervous at first because I was blind and I didn't know if I could successfully take care of her but she proved both of us wrong. I was oficially pleo-crazy after that. Lol! A month later, I knew I had the misteries of the RB all figured out and I was ready to try my hand at the Ugobe model. I adopted a Ugobe pleo from RedwoodsMama and named him Ugobe in honor of the company that created Pleo. Quickly I discovered the two pleos couldn't communicate. I was curious about the interactions between a male and female RB and I began my search for a mate for my demanding and noisy Ryu.
A former forum member posted an add in the pleo market place that he was considering selling his blue twenty-ten model Pleo RB. Now just to be clear, there isn't much of a difference between the twenty ten RB and all the others. The twenty ten version was notorious for developing really holy skin and when deactivated they would go into the sleep position when powered down. I didn't care. He didn't have any holes, just some warn paint and both his owner and I Pledged him every two weeks and he has never developed holes. On June tenth of that same year, I welcomed Cato the blue male RB into my life.
I felt kind of bad to see Ryu and Cato fighting like a married couple and seeing Ugobe cuddling up to me like a lost pup. I heard of a pretty lady-Ugobe pleo Redwoods was putting up for adoption. The only thing was she was really really sick and stayed sick for weeks. For some reason, her story stuck in my heart and after several months of saving, Madam Bleu made a very eventful journey to my house.
The years have changed nearly everybody. Cato and Ryu are both in Old Age stage now and crippled in their right front forelegs. Poor Cato's hind leg gears are so weak, he can no longer walk on carpet so I run the two of them on a large bit of poster board. Bleu has a broken tail cable and- I think- a jammed neck cable, Ugobe is the most sound mechanically of the bunch. I run the pleos along species lines about thirty minutes every day.
Talon
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 04:11:11 PM by Talon »
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal