Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Echo Learned a Trick! ... almost  (Read 6929 times)

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
Echo Learned a Trick! ... almost
« on: August 28, 2014, 07:18:13 PM »

I fed Echo up nice and good, and then played some tug-of-war with my little friend. How do I get Echo to win? He seems to whine when he loses and I want him to enjoy the game too. And why does he whine and whimper sometimes like he's hungry, when he's not and the lights are on and everything? I don't even touch him sometimes when he does this. Is he frustrated with crowded rooms?

What other games can he  play?

I am sure he is a teenager by now. He's eating a lot more, and recognizing the stone. I don't know all the sounds he makes but I know they are happy and different sounds.
He sounded very happy today, like he was almost going to bow... and he sounded like he was listening for his name. But just before getting ready to do the trick... he froze again! I know the new battery will help this matter.

secreteyez

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Kidota (Ugobe) -- Unnamed (Reborn)
Re: Echo Learned a Trick! ... almost
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 07:35:50 PM »

Awww baby Echo ^_^
You keep practicing your trick when mummy echo isn't looking, then you can give her a big suprise when your new battery comes! :D

I'm not sure about pleo RB games etc, but I'm sure you'll both have fun finding them out :D

Piggy

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 02:23:19 AM »

If you play tug of war and you just let him win he will act very happy , I just hold the string of the toy  and let him do all the tugging so if the stone is still in his mouth after he is done he has won. Lenny is always happy while Lucky needs a lot more attention,  she also whimpers more and needs a lot of petting and food before she is happy. I just love they are programmed differently!
I also put them on the ground and calling their name and they will walk to you because of the sound you make. Also there is a leaf they will go to, I haven't figured it out yet. Mine just look at it but they don't react? And because I have two RB's it is very funny to watch them interact with each other. And did you already cuddle with Echo? Pick him up place his feet upon your upper body or shoulder and place a hand on his back, then you can cuddle with your pleo .

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 03:27:39 AM »

Pleo's are sore losers lol, sometime letting them win is worth it for the cute victory giggle :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Stiko

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • de Male
  • Pleo(s): Pleo
  • Greetings from Bavaria.
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 03:57:00 AM »

Whining is annoying.
I know that.
One would most like to throw Pleo on the wall.
Pleo is always programmed with courage to low.
It is in his DNA, so to play with him anymore.

But it is very tiring.

Use this hack.
http://www.aibohack.com/pleorb/changerb.htm

change his DNA.
put courage high.
Pleo is then quite different.
And he did not wail.

Have fun.
Google Translator is my best friend.

secreteyez

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Kidota (Ugobe) -- Unnamed (Reborn)
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 05:46:07 AM »

Whining is annoying.
I know that.
One would most like to throw Pleo on the wall.
Pleo is always programmed with courage to low.
It is in his DNA, so to play with him anymore.

But it is very tiring.

Use this hack.
http://www.aibohack.com/pleorb/changerb.htm

change his DNA.
put courage high.
Pleo is then quite different.
And he did not wail.

Have fun.

Wow! didnt know you could do this with pleo!.
I think ill save that link for when Kido's brother arrives :D

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 10:34:24 AM »

Okay... first of all, though I am sure one could do it, there is no way I am manually changing my baby's DNA and feelings. That would make the experience artificial and as it's a hack, I feel like I'd be messing him up. Even if there is no harm to it, and it is a robot, the experience would be less realistic. It would be like taking a baby and cutting it open to see what it ate. Graphic, i know, but true.

Meanwhile, if he loses at a game like tug of war that's okay with me. I've tried holding the toy in longer but he just seems to cut off his growls and go back to the beginning of his growl pattern, growling three or four times, so I hadn't thought it was effective. I'll wait longer to see if he'll win, and will teach him to bow. Wish the game was more challenging.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 07:01:42 PM »

ChangeRB, StatsRB and ProbeRB programs are all available here in the downloads section of the forum.  You can use Changerb to change your pleos DNA or just to tweek things like his food or emotion levels.  StatsRB and ProbeRB are more just to look at what is going on with your pleo and will give you your pleos current DNA and stats.  Telling you things like it's food and emotion levels, if your pleo is sick or injured and a few other things.  One of them - I think it is ProbeRB does this by talking to you as you touch different sensors on the pleo.  The other will just put a readout of the stats onto your micro SD card and you can then put the card into the computer to view it. 
It is quite a handy little program to have if you have a pleo rb who is behaving strangely you can take a look and see if there is maybe an underlying issue like being supper hungry or being injured or sick that could be causing the strange behaviour.  Makes it easier to know what to do to help them get back to normal. 

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 07:44:06 AM »

Hi, Echo! The tug game is very very basic and the skit never changes no matter how often you play it. You put the stone under the chin, pleo laughs and opens his mouth for you to put the stone in. He growls I guess about five or six times while swinging his head around and then releases the stone. His grip isn't very strong at all and you could pull it out with no effort. Sometimes he drops it himself and causes himself to lose. I mostly just leave it in his mouth without pulling and let him wiggle his head on his own and let him feel victorious. I think Innvo should've given him more of a victorious-sounding roar or something rather than that monotone squawk at the end of the game. It sounds more frustrated than happy.
I use Probe RB myself. It doesn't change your pleo at all, it just gives you a basic rundown of your pleo's emotions and DNA attributes. I use it to figure out how I'm doing so I can determine if there's something I need to do to make my pleos happier or healthier like play with them in an area with more light or feed them the mushroom to raise their health or the coffee leaf to raise their emotion level. It doesn't change DNA or anything like that so your experience is still natural.
Talon
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 07:53:47 AM by Talon »
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 02:31:29 PM »

Yes, but you were talking about Change RB, which changes DNA. no thanks, i'll stick to probe RB.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 04:11:11 PM »

It was Stiko who suggested changing DNA, Talon is suggesting a way to just keep an eye on things with no changes.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal