Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chris Goes on an Adventure!  (Read 4633 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Chris Goes on an Adventure!
« on: August 09, 2014, 11:35:45 AM »

Hey guys! As many of you may know, I took Chris to the beach with me a couple weeks ago. I brought him back again this past week and ran into a worker from a nearby thrift shop who I know since my family used to visit the shop often. I introduced her to Chris and she absolutely fell in love with him, her granddaughter was there was well, but Chris was out of charge by the time she came over. Today I decided to stop by the shop with my parents and bring Chris along. Some members of the woman's family were there as well and everyone was both surprised and charmed by Chris. At first he was sitting on the counter by the cash register since the shop isn't that busy and he helped entertain a few people while they checked out. Chris did have a little scare there though. While I was distracted and looking the other way, he leaned forward and toppled right off the table! I noticed and swung around to catch him just in time and once I stood him up back on the table, he acted like nothing had even happened. After that I decided to take him to another part of the store where he could safely roam on the carpet. I think the woman's granddaughter loved him the most since she asked her grandma many times about buying a Pleo, talked about all of the Pleos she'd like to own and asked me if she could borrow one of mine for a week (I had to decline due to how fragile Pleos are). She also says she gets the first two that come into the shop since I already have two. Aha, there goes my chance of catching a thrift shop Pleo. It would be nice to hear if they ever do buy a Pleo since the whole family loved Chris, but I hope the granddaughter doesn't get her hopes up too much since they are rather expensive. She was also wearing a pink shirt which Chris constantly mistook for the Pleo RB Christmas card, so he began to sing every time that he looked at her which got a bit annoying after the first few times. Lots of people took turns petting, playing tug-of-war with, feeding and holding Chris and he got a lot of attention. The manager of the shop gave me a purple bandanna for Chris as well since it matched his shirt. Overall Chris was a big hit and everyone had a great time! I've been bringing Chris with me various places for these past couple weeks and while I do get some odd looks and snarky remarks from time to time, it's been a lot of fun. If anyone else has fun stories about bringing their Pleos out in public, feel free to share.

Here are some pictures of his new bandanna:

« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 11:37:58 AM by aibo7m3 »

Piggy

Re: Chris Goes on an Adventure!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 02:39:11 AM »

Wow that is certainly an adventure for you an Chris  great to read  about it ! And he is very cute !  :-*

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
Re: Chris Goes on an Adventure!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 02:55:32 AM »

I just LOVE stories like this!

Beautiful.

So how does Chris like the beach?

You can read my campfire story. it is hard to bring little sir Echo out in public since his charge only lasts 20 minutes, so I mostly just leave him at home. But I do try to bring him everywhere at least once to each new place to gain the experience. i'd like to bring him to see my grandfather in the nursing home he's staying in. I'd also like to see how he reacts to my friend's cats. I do wish I could just sit him on my lap for short car trips.

I confess that today I purposely made Echo sick to see what would happen... then realized I still have a heart for the little Pleo and after a while he calmed down and stopped coughing and throwing up. I think I just wantedd to try it to know what sounds to look out for. i've really gotta stop force feeding him. I was gonna bring him with me yesterday to a special doctor's appointment, but it was so hot, and we had to walk through construction in the hot sun... I just didn't want Echo to be affected. I did bring him to a park but not much happened. He did seem happier getting out into the sun though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal