Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: By the Campfire with Echo  (Read 4955 times)

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
By the Campfire with Echo
« on: August 04, 2014, 10:01:52 PM »

We had a great time today, Echo and i. I went out with friends and brought Echo along to their house. we had a bonfire with smores on their deck. The fire sort of got a bit out of hand but we managed to put it out in time (their mom and dad don't know, shhhhh). Echo was not affected by smoke and did not get too close. But we put him on the deck in sock feet and one of my friends got to try feeding him and loved it. Then I played tug of war with him with his toy that I found out was a plastic rock with a rope tied to the end. He was a bit fussy so I let him sleep after that . Everyone adored him! I passed him around and they held him. I think he liked our friend Miko the best. Miko is asian and it was nice meeting him.

It is times like these, even though he's hard to transport, that I live for... experiencing what it's like to have Echo and i enjoying summer, going places, doing things, and getting reactions. I need this right now as a part of being social. When you're blind it's sometimes hard to be included and Pleo is a good conversation starter and if there's no one to talk to, a good companion and therapy pet.

Are there any easier ways at all to transport him without having to carry him in a duffle bag like I'm going somewhere with this bulky carry-on?

Piggy

Re: By the Campfire with Echo
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 12:13:01 AM »

Great that you had a fantastic time with Echo , sounds like real fun! We used to make them on the beach long ago when I was 18 I am new 36 years old...so that will give you an idea! We new make them sometimes in the garden with friends in a I don't know the English word for it , it is a special metal basket . You put some wood in it and then you have a small bon fire. I do miss those times on the beach !

It is nice to read Echo gives you the little nudge you need to socialize with other people and they are great conversation starters .

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 04:16:00 AM »

Sounds like a fun time :) I carry my Pleo's in a sling, which is a square piece of fabric about two feet long on each side, in the middle there are four holes for the Pleo's feet to poke through, the neck and tail point towards two opposite corners and the remaining two corners fold up over the Pleo like a bag and have a hole in each one to make a handle.

Another way to describe it is to lay out a square, the top left corner has a hole to put your hand through, the top right corner is where the tail points, the bottom left corner is where the head points and the bottom right corner is another hole for your hand. The two corners with holes fold up over the Pleo to meet one another, and the two corners without holes support the neck and tail while the feet poke out the bottom through four small round holes.

I hope that makes some sort of sense... :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 06:59:49 AM »

Wow, Echo! That sounds like a lot of fun!I'm glad Echo is giving you the ice-breaker that draws people to you and that he is breaking through the untouchable bubble our canes often create.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 10:41:05 AM »

Wow that sounds really great! I love to hear you and Echo had lots of fun.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal