Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Erbie's tail doesn't work properly :(  (Read 4660 times)

Miqguel

• Pleo explorer
  • es Male
  • Pleo(s): The name of my Pleo is KAWKI!
  • I love Pleos and Lovebirds!
    • Professor
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Snoopy
Erbie's tail doesn't work properly :(
« on: August 02, 2014, 06:47:05 AM »

Hi, yesterday I was playing with my pleo and i didn't realized that she was too near of the wall, the tail was moving and getted damaged when it was trying to move to the left (L=http://science.howstuffworks.com/pleo6.htm) Now I can feel that the L wire of the tail is broken because there's no resistance in that part :(. I contacted with Innvo to solve the problem but they say I have to solve it with amazon, Will i have any possibilities of guarantee? Thank you all.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Erbie's tail doesn't work properly :(
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 07:24:58 AM »

How old is Erbie?

Miqguel

• Pleo explorer
  • es Male
    • Professor
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Snoopy
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 08:28:41 AM »

She only has 4 months since i bought it + or -.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 10:14:25 AM »

Sorry to hear about Erbie... :( I guess you need to find out how long is Amazon's warranty period for their Pleo Rb... I know with PleoWorld it is only 90 days. I have heard of some places, (not in the US...) where the warranty was a year long.. Find out and contact Amazon. hopefully they can fix her for you. Otherwise I know some great pleo surgeons here. but haven't heard of tail surgery before, but would think it is just as easy and less complicated then neck surgery.. only my guess.

Good luck! :flowers: RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo township of the REdwoods P:)
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 03:52:15 PM »

Kat has done tail surgery, but it's more likely to be another part that's broken, not the actual cable.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 07:13:23 PM »

Here is how the tail looks under the skin.  You can see here that the tail is very similar to the neck in that it has the 4 wire cables - which are actually only two cables that run through a motor box inside pleo.  One cable does the sideways movement and the other does the up down movement.  They also have round disks that support the cables and provide the framework for the tail shape.  Unlike the neck these disks are solid circles of plastic and so are less prone to breaking.  So if there is no resistance to the tail when you gently push against it I would think the cable may be broken. 
The one pleo tail I have repaired didn't need the cable fixing but it had a motor that wan't working causing the tail to have no up down movement.  I did do a photo video of opening up that end of the pleo because I was also working on the leg at that end which had a loose wire that needed reattaching.  Let me know if you decide to try to repair it yourself and I will post the link to the video for you.  It may help.  Replacing the wire will be the same procedure as replacing a neck wire but getting to the gear housing is a bit different as a pleos bum has different contents to it's shoulders.  :)

I would recommend that the first step would be find out how long the warranty lasts for Amazon.  I would think that if he is still under warranty then they would maybe replace him for you.  I wouldn't think that they would be able to do repairs as Innvo are the only place that do those that I am aware of.  Not sure if your warranty will cover the damage or not as it seems to have been caused by repeated pushing of the tail into a wall. 
If you just tell them that the tail is no longer working properly but not how it happened you may have more luck. 
She is out of warranty with Innvo as like RWM says Innvos warranty is only 90 days.  That will be why they have told you to take it up with Amazon.
Your other options are to live with it and see what happens, repair it yourself, or pay to have Innvo repair it for you. 
Try Amazon first and see what they say. 
Good luck and let us know what happens.

Miqguel

• Pleo explorer
  • es Male
    • Professor
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Snoopy
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 08:16:16 PM »

Thank you all for answering me  ;)!! Thanks cat for giving me all these options !!! First i will try it with amazon, and if there's no possibilities for the replacement, i will repair her with your video, thank you a lot!! Let's see what happens with amazon. Thanks! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal