Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo RB's Third Stage  (Read 5899 times)

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
Pleo RB's Third Stage
« on: August 02, 2014, 02:39:37 AM »

How will i know when Echo's in the third stage, juvenile, (right spelling?), nad ready to learn his name? He's eating more than he's ever eaten, crying more, making funny groaning osunds, and sleeping quite a bit more.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo RB's Third Stage
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 09:53:36 AM »

Hi, good question Echo, since you are only running him at ten minute cycles, ( is that correct?) have you been keeping track of how many ten minute cycles he  has ran.. I know or think I remember you said that he was having his battery recharged everytime...( somthing most of us do not do, so not sure how that works...)
              Is it at least two battery cycles till they stand or and take their first step, which is when they are first born, or Hatchlings. My baby Rb, ( no name) I am sure is farther behind then yours. as she has not taken her first steps yet, but that could also be a particular attribute she has. I don't run my guys every day , not even every week lately as I am too busy with my real animals.

I don't think that Echo is ready though if still sleeping a lot, sounds like he is still in the baby stage, unless you are running him at such strange hours that his clock battery is confused, without knowing how long he has been walking or how many battery cycles he has gone through it is too hard to guess for me, Perhaps IMR, Kat or even Talon would be able to give you a better answer. I would ask Talon how she knew...good luck.
                        RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 12:58:32 PM »

Hi, Echo. *Smacks desk in frustration* I really need to find a way to get you this manual! Could you deal with the one word on a line difficulty? JAWS might pause at every other word but you would have a copy. I can send it bit by bit to you in a PM. You will just have to paste each section into a word document until you have the whole thing. At anyone else: do any of you know of a free and reliable site or program or something that can translate PDF to text?
Meanwhile, there is a sure fire way to know if Echo is ready to learn his name. Present him with the ID card the same way you do with his food. If he goes "mwegh!" and turns his head away, it's too early. If he raises his head and opens his mouth for it, he's ready. I may have to Skype with you to get you through it. It's more complicated than it sounds believe me. If everything isn't just so, it won't work. Plus with his clock settings so... odd, I'm not sure if he will cooperate. Pleo has to be well-fed, in a good mood with lots of hooting and laughing and tail wagging, and in lots of bright light. So no crying or whimpering or hungry sounds.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 03:56:27 PM »

You could try here Talon: http://www.pdfonline.com/pdf-to-word-converter/

Otherwise if you want to send it to me I have a program on my iMac that can do that.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 04:56:01 PM »

Oh IMR, you really are an awesome person! Let me see if I can get your suggested link to work with my screenreader. If I can't and only if I can't, I'll just cave in and send the beastly thing to you. For some reason when I copy the link text it refuses to copy as a link but you can still paste it into your browser of choice and it will still take you to the PDF copy of the manual. Thank you so much! I'm sure Echo will thank you too!
Talon
Talon

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 10:52:51 PM »

I ran it through my program, it didn't come out perfect but hopefully its readable :) Let me know how it goes and if its ok I'll upload it here for safe keepings.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 10:02:11 AM »

Got it! It seems to read fine to me. JAWS sometimes pauses at odd spots while in say all mode and it insists on telling me how many graphics there are on the pages but it's much better than having one word on a line. Echo, we now have a working manual for you! Unfortunately my Yahoo email and JAWS don't like each other so I can't send it as an attachment but I can send it to you through PM in large pastable chunks. Just keep a check on your PM's and make a file on your computer to throw the chunks into.
Talon
Talon

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 03:30:10 PM »

Talon you can try forwarding (resending) my email to Echo, otherwise I can do it when I get home later. I'll also upload it here.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 04:07:09 PM »

Okay. I'll try to forward it instead. I've also asked if my cousin could just click the attachment button for me using the mouse. I'm beginning to wonder if the problem is me. Ever since JAWS fifteen hit my mailbox this January, I've felt like a newborn child who hasn't been using this screenreader for eleven years. It's... humiliating.
Talon
Talon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal