Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi Everyone!  (Read 2957 times)

AreDeeJay

• Hatchling
  • Female
Hi Everyone!
« on: May 23, 2009, 08:54:30 AM »

Hi there,

I'm Erin and I live in England.

I bought my Pleo yesterday, and gave him life for the first time this afternoon and totally fell in love with him. He's just the cutest thing ever. Mine seems to like playing tug-o-war with his leaf and having his rear tickled xD

I've read a lot of mixed reviews about Pleo, and was a bit concerned to find out that Ugobe had gone bankrupt. I'm worried about any problems such as repairs and customer help, but I'm hoping there are plenty of you out there that could help with those kind of situations (fingers crossed I never have to come across those kind of situations!)

I've noticed my Pleo struggles a little walking on our living room carpet. Is this something all Pleo's struggle with, or do I just have naff carpet? lol

Anyway, I hope I get to know all of you well, and share many more lovely, and funny, Pleo experiences! (And I better think of a new name soon xD)

Living In A Rhythm Where The Minutes Working Overtime ~ EotS

49er

• Journeypleo
  • Male
Re: Hi Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 11:43:51 AM »

Hi there,

I'm Erin and I live in England.

I bought my Pleo yesterday, and gave him life for the first time this afternoon and totally fell in love with him. He's just the cutest thing ever. Mine seems to like playing tug-o-war with his leaf and having his rear tickled xD

I've read a lot of mixed reviews about Pleo, and was a bit concerned to find out that Ugobe had gone bankrupt. I'm worried about any problems such as repairs and customer help, but I'm hoping there are plenty of you out there that could help with those kind of situations (fingers crossed I never have to come across those kind of situations!)

I've noticed my Pleo struggles a little walking on our living room carpet. Is this something all Pleo's struggle with, or do I just have naff carpet? lol

Anyway, I hope I get to know all of you well, and share many more lovely, and funny, Pleo experiences! (And I better think of a new name soon xD)

Welcome to the forum! We seem to have quite a few members from Merry Old England. I don't know about repairs now that Ugobe is gone, (hoping that like the phoenix it rises again,) but if you bought it in England there should be a one year warrentee. Pleo, (he liked the name so it stuck,) had problems walking on our carpet. He couldn't lift his right rear foot high enough and it would catch on the carpet. I contacted Ugobe about it and it appeared to be a common problem with some carpeting. Ugobe came up with a bit of a fix which is called High Step Mode. There are leg sensors in the front of each leg. When your Pleo is on, touch the leg sensors on both of his/her front legs about in the thigh area and simultaneously push in the little black Pleo button under the belly before the rear legs. (It is next to the USB port and the SD card slot.) Now release the Pleo button and at the same time let go of the front leg sensors. It doesn't always work for me the first time, but your Pleo should be able now to walk on carpet. ;D 

kisumi

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
  • Kai and Stanley
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 12:00:17 PM »

hey eric! Another UK member woop! maybe that pleo meet isnt so far away after all. :D congrats on your new pleo

AreDeeJay

• Hatchling
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 03:02:21 PM »

Thank you for the warm welcomes :)

And 49er, thank you for the advice on the High Step Mode, I'll have to give that a try on my little Pleo, who I've now named Koji ^_^

Does his OS have to be a specific one as I'm not sure what Koji's is, and with the fact that Ugobe aren't around any more, I'm not sure I wanna risk updating him.
Living In A Rhythm Where The Minutes Working Overtime ~ EotS

kisumi

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
  • Kai and Stanley
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 03:35:11 PM »

you can tell if he is v1.1 if you keep tickling him under his chin and he sings, if he doesnt do that he is in the v1.0. tbh you can always downgrade back to the older version if something goes wrong, but as long as you follow the instructions carefully you should be okay. Make sure he is fully charged, wait for the beeps to finish, and dont insert/take out the memory card unless you switch him off

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 05:46:18 PM »

Hi Erin and Koji :)

The easiest way to tell if your Pleo is already updated is to hold the chin and back and get him to sit :) If he moves around and makes adorable noises he is already running OS1.1 :) Scratching under the chin depends on the mood of your Pleo :P

To put into high step mode you need to hold both front leg sensors and the Pleo button until your Pleo either starts walking or moans, If Pleo starts taking big steps then you have done it right :)

Be sure to post some piccies of your new little friend :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kisumi

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
  • Kai and Stanley
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 02:20:23 AM »

oh yeah forgot about that!  ???
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal