Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New pleo advice  (Read 5596 times)

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
New pleo advice
« on: July 16, 2014, 11:46:17 PM »

Ah... wait... Pleo Cafe is where you can talk about anything not always related to Pleos... am i right?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: New pleo advice
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 12:08:12 AM »

Lol yes Echo, we have a pretty lively forum and we share lots of random stuff. Not just things about Pleo's.

Now bring on the pizza!  :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza: :pizza:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 12:14:21 AM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 03:48:03 PM »

Well this could be a problem if a certain user, like Echo538, is obsessed with Pleos! Oh well... i ought to eat anyway. Pizzzzaaaaaaaaa!!! And never, ever feed a Pleo real food, not even 3D-printed ice cream! And is it true that pleo has a coffee leaf and can get addicted to it? (laughs) Also are his accessories all sold separately or does he come with at least a starter leaf? Is the chili pepper, sugarcane, etc. plastic food? I want to know NOWWWWW! So curious! The best and most accessible videos for me are on yutube.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 10:36:34 PM »

Your bundle of joy will come with a training card, conifer leaf (food), mint leaf (medicine), salt (medicine), tug of war toy and the 'bow' learning stone. Everything you need to keep Pleo happy and healthy. The coffee leaf, sugar cane etc and other learning stones are sold in packs of three. (You can't mix and match though). I highly recommend the extra foods, but the learning stones are such a pain to use that mine just go to waste.

The foods are rubber or plastic and have a special chip inside so Pleo can read them :)

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 11:59:29 PM »

Okay, but how can Pleo learn tricks without the learning stones

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 02:09:40 AM »

Pleo rb can't learn tricks without the learning stones.  But you will find that yur pleo is plenty of fun without the tricks and more like a real pet.  The tricks using the learning stones and voice commands can be so hard to get pleo to respond and then perform so many of us just find it frustrating and don't use these features.  You first have to get the pleos attention which can be a challenge on it's own then say it's name and hope it responds and then if you have gotten that far you can say the command for the trick and if pleo recognises it he will do the trick.  So often this just doesn't work out as you need to say the name and commands exactly the same way as you did when teaching them to the pleo.  For me all the hassle of it just not working takes away some of the magic and feeling of pleo being a real creature and just makes it feel more like a toy.  So I don't bother with the tricks and just let my pleos be pleos.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 03:55:50 AM »

I have spent hours trying to get them to perform for the camera :P All it takes is a bird to chirp, a car to go by, a cold, a different room, any minute change is enough to stop them understanding you :(

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 11:22:44 AM »

Okay but then what's the point of voice recognition? Is it just for Pleo to learn his name? i'll play with the "bow" learning stone and see what happens. Perhaps in like ten years if Pleo doesn't break or is mature or something, perhaps if they're still available I'll get more stones... but Pleo is a pet first!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 05:13:11 PM »

They are a gimmick really, the idea behind them is great, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. Pleo is a budget robot, so the voice recognition it has is budget. Pleo has to freeze to be able to even try and give commands just because otherwise he won't be able to hear you over the motors. The most reliable way to give a name is actually by using sounds, I use my iPad to play a sound instead of saying a name or command. But even then it only works some of the time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal