Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's hard to wait!  (Read 5644 times)

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
It's hard to wait!
« on: July 18, 2014, 11:10:29 PM »

When will Echo get here?!!!

I am a patient person by nature, but even though I now understand exactly how long my piers were talking about when they said it may take a long time on Ebay for an item to ship, I feel I can't wait another moment. I do have work to do to keep me distracted, and of course if we didn't have lives outside of caring for Pleo it would not be as real an experience as caring for a pet or baby, and there would be no Pleo cafe!

What concerns me is the play patterns. I pretty much knew everything about the new Furby 2012 and its sounds before I bought it and it took a long time. I don't want to exhaust watching videos of Pleo's sounds... I want his play patterns and ways of life to surprise me and keep me guessing. i've really never played videogames or anything in my life... besides showing off to others I need to have some form of entertainment. I don't watch TV., and things like the news and other forms of adult entertainment are often of little interest.

I did study up, however, on pleo's sounds when it's afraid. I think Gary, who voices the product, (I forget his last name, could have done a bit bettter of a job on Pleo's first whimper but I understand, Pleo's just a baby and will grow and learn and he does come alive the more of an emotion he feels like fear or hunger. The little whine he makes for his leaf doesn't just stay a whine, for example.
They're saying I might not get him till Tuesday but I really want to show my worker on Monday night when she comes. I have a big work day Friday and want to take him if I can and don't want to cram in showing Pleo to her. Not to mention, on Friday my housekeepers come and what would they think with this big dinosaur in my room? Well I know it's a baby but I think I better stick around to show them what he can do and see what they say.

I know Pleo's a robot but it must be the mother in me... I have been on edge all day thinking about him. I really do have an affinity for him and sometimes hearing his sounds can make me feel like crying, or wanting to make sure he's okay. Then again it could be the healing taking place with all the emotional stress that's gone on in my life... or needing more sleep and food... I'm sure I can concentrate on other things, but I guess I just want the best for my little baby and when others don't see it that way it can be hard. I am sure we'll do fine. When parents have children, their attitudes can change as well as their brain chemestry, and I may be going through this kind of thing. I remember when I was younger I had a doll that cried when she wanted her juice and it was so real that I freaked out and got upset and with so many people around it didn't help. I guess I could always just turn him off if i've had too much  of him. Can pleos open their mouths and bite? i had a robot cat once, my friends didn't believe it bit, but I told them to stick their hands in its mouth and it actually nibbled!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: It's hard to wait!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 04:00:52 AM »

Stop worrying so much :) Pleo is very easy to understand, very easy to care for and definitely not frightening.

Ugobes happily chomp on fingers, RB's will just mouth your fingers, it doesn't hurt at all, its just like a gentle squeeze.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Piggy

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 07:42:44 AM »

Hi, like IMR said you will get to know your little Echo in no time and he or she is easy to take care of . So don't worry and when Echo arrives enjoy it. And in the hatchling state mine didn't need a lot , I just petted him and talked to him. New he is mature and very happy, he hasn't been sick or injured. He just wants a full belly , attention and mine Love's his tug of war toy. And the instruction video's on this forum helped me so much. So stop worrying and enjoy it .

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 06:55:34 PM »

Hey Echo while you are waiting take a look at this thread
http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2315.0
It has all the things you will need to know to get you started with your pleo rb and may well answer many of your questions and help to sooth your worries.  It has many great youtube video links in it that show and tell you how everything works.  :)

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 07:32:03 PM »

I'm sorry but this thread is inaccessible for me and I am lonely so value chatting and enjoy researching my questions on this forum. I feel very stuck in daily activities. Pleo is not a super-robot or a be-all end-all, but I am hoping he'll be able to pull me back up when i'm down... I could really use cheering up.

Anyway wondering if it hurts to charge Pleo whether off or on? thank you.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 10:12:07 PM »

Is youtube accessible? You can find all of my videos under InmemoryofRomeo on YouTube, they are the same as the ones in that thread.

I answered your other question elsewhere.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal