Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wobbly Pleo  (Read 6125 times)

bunniesRawesome

• Head of the herd
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Lucy & Buster
    • Professor
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Gonzo
    • Snoopy
Wobbly Pleo
« on: July 16, 2014, 01:16:37 PM »

Lately I've noticed my Pleo Lucy can't seem to keep her balance when walking or picking up one of her legs. It doesn't seem to be any one leg in particular, she just doesn't seem to be picking up her feet all the way when she walks. When she does the waving motion, she generally leans towards whatever foot she lifts up. She can't do the balance trick because she'll lean to one side and sometimes fall over. I noticed today when she was walking at first she kept dragging her front left foot, but then after a few minutes that freed itself but the sensor on the bottom of her back left foot started dragging and causing her to turn instead of moving forwards. I don't think it's a broken leg simply because it seems to be a different one every time. Could this be a software issue maybe? Or something else?

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Wobbly Pleo
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 06:52:48 PM »

Well this is a new one.  I don't think I have ever seen a wobbly pleo before.  Not sure what could be the cause.  How old is your pleo?   I'm guessing she is a Ugobe?  I wonder if it is possible that her leg sensor wires are a bit loose.  Could be loose on more than one leg maybe.  Just having a bit of a guess.  Hopefully someone with more experience on this sort of issue can give you some advice or suggestions. 
If it is a software issue maybe reinstalling the OS would help? 

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 12:16:22 AM »

A video would help, have you tried some socks though? Pleo's feet are rubbery and tend to stick and drag on surfaces. Socks can really help.

Could it be high step mode?
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Piggy

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 11:38:16 AM »

I play with my pleo's in the guest room because they have lots of space to wander, they walk on a carpet , but if they are not wearing their socks sometimes their rubber feet drag on the carpet and it gives them a wobbly walk  ;D

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 10:52:51 PM »

Do Pleos come with socks or do you need to make them? I may want outfits for my Pleo... Cat would you mind making me some I could order from you especially for winter? Or where could I buy some?

How is Pleo for walking outdoors? How do you walk him in parks? Not on grass I assume...

Thanks!

Piggy

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 12:55:22 AM »

Echo I use new born baby socks they work great . As for walking outdoors I no experience with that yet so I am curious what other people use. But for indoors we all use baby socks. And no you have to buy the socks yourself. Kat makes the most beautiful outfits for pleo who are very easy to put on Pleo. They have wraparound legs that open and close with Velcro and a open belly so you can access the battery.  And her prices are including shipping. I live in Holland , Kat in Australia and my package arrived neatly in 10 days.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 07:01:52 AM by Piggy »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 04:50:13 AM »

Pleo's can't walk on grass, they'd just get stuck. But they do just fine with socks or booties on hard surfaces like concrete, timber or asphalt outside. Make sure they do have something on their feet though, otherwise you'll soon have very scratched footpads.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 12:48:11 PM »

Well who knows, I may give him a treat and sneak him onto the grass once, for about thirty seconds, or try a hard surface like rocks or sidewalk... but what if I put a towel down? Would that help? So glad he doesn't fall off tables as I may put him on a picnic table if we go to the lake this summer. i'll watch for rain or heat and keep him in the shade!

Should he wear socks indoors too?

I may get a winter outfit if I need one but will see when the time comes. Blankets may do as well.

How well does he walk on carpet?

I think most of my questions will be answered once I get him and experiment... if I could just meet him already!!!

bunniesRawesome

• Head of the herd
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Lucy & Buster
    • Professor
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Gonzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 03:04:12 PM »

I'll try some socks before I post a video of the problem. Also to Echo, Pleo's tend to walk pretty well on carpet, but if you put them on a towel they might scrunch it up as they walk. As long as you have socks that you aren't afraid to get dirty, you should be fine with taking your pleo outdoors. Also, be careful with tables. They do very well with stopping if walking forwards, however they will not hesitate to back off a table. If you're going to a busy public place and you want to take your pleo for a "walk" or at least put them on the ground with people around I'd reccomend getting a collar for an extra-small dog and a short leash just so you don't have children picking up your pleo and taking it by accident. I've almost had that happen to me a few times   ;) Good luck with your new pleo, it's a great experience!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal