Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inserting Micro SD Card  (Read 3298 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Inserting Micro SD Card
« on: July 12, 2014, 07:06:22 PM »

Hi everyone! I've been trying to use Probe RB to learn a bit more about my new RB, but having some difficulties. I had no trouble putting the program on the card and managed to put the card in the Pleo with the contacts facing downward, but it didn't go in quite far enough for me to put in the battery and also wouldn't pop out if I pressed on it (I ended up using tweezers to get it out). I feel really stupid for having trouble with this since I've even used Probe RB on a Pleo before, but I'd rather make sure I'm doing things right rather than risk hurting the Pleo. Should the contacts be facing downward or upward when the card is inserted? Should it pop back out if you press on it if it has been inserted correctly?
Thanks!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Inserting Micro SD Card
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 07:34:31 PM »

Just do it the opposite way that you just did and should be fine, it should be a snug fit and should pop out when pressed. You'll hear/feel a little click as it engages.

So contacts facing the belly of your Pleo, listen/feel for a click and should be all good :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 07:40:30 PM »

I'm a bit confused since you said opposite, but then that the contacts should be facing the Pleo's belly which is how I had it (the top of the card was facing me, the contacts were facing the Pleo's battery compartment), but it didn't seem to click into place or pop out. So to verify, the contacts should be facing downward? Or no?

Edit:
Nevermind, I got it! Thanks for the help! I'll post his results from Probe RB sometime tomorrow!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 09:48:14 PM by aibo7m3 »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 01:52:29 AM »

Lol, sorry I misunderstood you, just the other way to whatever way you tried it teehee. Glad you got it sorted, it's tricky to get them in sometimes because the space is so small.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal