Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My pleo RB WONT walk  (Read 4520 times)

BeckyFisher

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
My pleo RB WONT walk
« on: July 02, 2014, 06:29:57 PM »

I dont know what is wrong with my pleo rb.  I got her last year, played with her about 16 times a hour each,  she will not walk.  The only sucess she has had was taking a small step forwards but then she takes a step backwards so she is again where she started off at.  I have not used to learning card on her yet.  She does not respond to sound, when i yell in front of her she wont even look at me.  She responds to most touch however.  I was wondering if i use my learning card on her that will make her walk?  And how long do i have to play with her until she walks or responds to sound?
please help me,  i spent 400 dollars on this pleo rb and i want it to work perfectly

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: My pleo RB WONT walk
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 08:02:14 PM »

There could be a few different reasons why your pleo rb isn't walking yet.  If you have played with her 16 times at 1 hour each time that equates to only 8 full battery cycles.  This could mean that your pleo is just not yet old enough to have reached the walking stage.  All pleo rb's are different with some taking longer to mature than others so generally the hatching cycle will go something like this:
newborn 2 battery cycles  (some take one others three)  This stage ends when pleo stands up for the first time.
socialization and development 3 battery cycles ( some pleos take 2 others up to 8 )  In this stage pleo will be standing and making lots of new sounds.  Pleo will stretch it's legs a lot, each one individually testing out the range of movement.  This stage will end with pleo taking it's first steps.  Many pleos walk backwards before they walk forwards
Juvenile and learning 4 battery cycles (again some take less others more)  in this stage pleo will begin to explore his surroundings and make another set of new noises.  Pleo should be able to learn his name and the learning stones in this stage.
Mature adult lasts for many years. Pleo will have settled into a solid personality and should do all things pleo.

So that is the rough life cycle of the pleo rb.  The behaviour you describe sounds like the stretching leg behaviour of the socialization stage.  It could be that your pleo is very close to walking but just not quite there yet.  My first pleo took 8 battery cycles in this stage before she walked.  My others have all progressed much faster. 

Some other options are that your pleo could be hungry or unhappy.  You should feed your pleo as soon as you turn it on and keep offering it the food until it starts burping or turns it's head away and makes the no noise.  Check that you are offering the correct leaf.  A full pleo is a happy pleo and is more likely to go exploring.

Your pleo could have an "injury"  and this will stop it from walking.  Try offering the rock salt to see if it will eat it.  The pleo will hang it's head low and open it's mouth just a tiny bit.  You can then poke the rock salt in.  If your pleo is "injured"  it will make a loud scream sound when you touch the injured leg.  Run your hands over the pleos legs one a t time while it is switched on and see if you get a scream.

Your pleo could be scared of the dark.  Even in the brightest environment some pleos still behave as though they are scared of the dark and wont walk. 
I have to head off to work now but I'm sure someone else can give you tips on scared of the dark or I will later tonight when I get home. 
Hope some of this might help.  If you could take a video of your pleo and share it with us it will help us see what is going on and may be easier for us to help pin point the issue :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 02:01:42 AM »

What she said :P

In regards to the darkness try shining a nice bright lamp directly on your Pleo. That will help with that and rule it out as a possible cause for not walking.

Ignoring your Pleo also helps encourage walking as does having a very well fed and happy Pleo.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 01:19:11 PM »

It takes hours and hours of run time before a pleo matures. Hopefully your pleo will grow and start walking soon. Also when you mentioned your pleo ignoring you, they don't listen to you at all unless you touch their cheeks and even then, that feature isn't enabled until the pleo reaches the juvenile stage. You can then use their ID  card to teach them their name. It sounds like yours is still in socialization stage and so it will ignore your every attempt to do anything with the learning stones and card. As the others have said, a video will help us a lot in figuring out how old your pleo is and what its emotional state is.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 05:18:37 PM »

Also you might want to have a read through the following thread:
http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2315.0
This is the FAQ page for Pleo Rb and has videos on getting your pleos attention, feeding the different foods, what the different foods are for, and a bunch of other useful info.  It is a great place for you to check that your doing what your doing in the right way and it may well give you some helpful info about interacting with your pleo that you didn't know before :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 03:55:05 AM »

Some Pleo RBs are just more active than others, but with all that good advice and info from Kat and IMR you should be able to get to the bottom of it or at least rule out any possible issues.  Good luck!  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal