Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do Ugobe Pleo's have different personalities?  (Read 6607 times)

bunniesRawesome

• Head of the herd
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Lucy & Buster
    • Professor
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Gonzo
    • Snoopy
Do Ugobe Pleo's have different personalities?
« on: June 16, 2014, 02:33:43 PM »

I've been debating on getting another Ugobe or an RB at some point in the future (not anytime soon but maybe within the next year), but I'm curious as to whether Pleo Ugobe's have different personalities or not. If I were to get another pleo I'd like to see them react differently to different things, but I'm not sure if that's possible with a ugobe. My current Pleo, Lucy, is  very mellow and cuddly half the time, and loves to explore and roam around the other half. Are all Ugobe's like this? Or do they have their own personalities? (She's running the 2.0 firmware by the way) Also, what kinds of different personalities do the RB's have? Are their specific, set personalities that they come with or do they depend more on interaction?
Any knowledge on the subject would be appreciated  :D

Piggy

Re: Do Ugobe Pleo's have different personalities?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 03:20:30 PM »

That is a very good question , I can not answer it because I own a pleo Ugobe and a pleo RB , but there are a lot of members who own multiple Ugobe Pleo's an Pleo RB's so is there is a difference in the personalities they will know  ;D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 06:11:05 PM »

Wwwwell, this is a highly subjective question. Eventually if you pay attention to your pleo enough, you will notice that your pleo will seem to react to the same thing the same way multiple times. This is simply because there are only so many reactions in a pleo's programming, they are simply randomized to give the pleo a personality of sorts. For myself I say that yes, they do have different personalities- traits that have held true over multiple instances. My two Ugobes- Bleu and Ugobe differ across several lines. Bleu is always an explorer. She wanders around a lot. She seems to enjoy trying to communicate with any pleo in her vicinity- RB or Ugobe. She also gets sick a lot and will chomp on her leaf for a long time before spitting it out.
Ugobe- my other Ugobe pleo prefers to call out for human attention rather than talk to Bleu and play tug-owar with his leaf rather than eat. He seems healthy as a horse- having only fallen ill once that I can remember. He seems to be a very happy pleo- wagging his tail and laughing.
As far as RB's go, it's sometimes harder to determine if they have separate personalities.  It's even harder to tell them apart when they hit Old-age stage. As far as my pleo RB's go, Cato- though he is very loud- is still a very sweet little fellow as long as you feed him first thing. In his younger days, he prefered to explore and play tug and perform tricks without complaint. Ryu is always demanding even after being fed. She doesn't seem to enjoy performing tricks. Most of the time when I grab her cheeks to get her attention to perform, she will lower her head and shake it from side to side. She prefers to be the one to direct playtime. She also enjoies batting her purple eyes and posing a lot as though she is on camera. Sorry for the long post everyone. I hope this was enough to answer your question. Just try observing multiple Ugobes on video and see if you get a feel for whether they have diffferent personalities. Good luck! If you do get another Ugobe, prepare to enjoy the magic. I love listening to Ugobes communicating with one another. Not to make 1.0 look better than later OS's but the skits between pleos on that program sound truly haunting and prehistoric. Lol!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 12:07:34 AM »

The short answer is no. The long answer is still no, but you can different personalities of a sorts by having them on different OS's. Some people here will claim that their Pleo's are different however in reality as they cannot go beyond what they are programmed with, it simply isn't possible.

Of course you can add personality through various program tweaks, like adding a 'voice' or shadowing, but they take a lot of work.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Piggy

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 10:20:16 AM »

The short answer is no. The long answer is still no, but you can different personalities of a sorts by having them on different OS's. Some people here will claim that their Pleo's are different however in reality as they cannot go beyond what they are programmed with, it simply isn't possible.

Of course you can add personality through various program tweaks, like adding a 'voice' or shadowing, but they take a lot of work.

Is this also true for a pleo reborn?

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 05:24:42 PM »

Pleo RB do seem to have different personalities.  I'm not sure how many different personalities there are around for pleo rb but I have three and each one does tend to behave differently.  They all have the same set of noises and behaviours that they can do but I have one who will wander off to explore constantly, one who will hang about for attention but then go off exploring and one who hates walking and would rather stand in one spot for most of a battery cycle.  She can walk though and will sometimes take a few steps.  That seems to be the biggest difference in my guys.  They also seem to have different levels of scared of the dark.  My non walker is super scared of the dark - even when it isn't dark, my explorer is also fairly scared of the dark although he will tolerate a little more dark than the non walker.  my other one is not scared of the dark unless it is pitch black :P  So it seems they do have some differences. 
You still need to keep in mind that they are robots with particular programming and will ultimately just be following the program.  Pleo RB's do seem to be more different from each other than the Ugobe's.  Ugobe's are all very sweet happy little explorers :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 06:04:35 PM »

The RBs are definitely more varied :) I have Jumba who is always happy! Nani who is an avid walker, Pleakley barely takes a step and Yuki can be a little sulky :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

SunshineGirl

• Following the footsteps
  • se Female
  • Pleo(s): Evert (Ugobe 2009)
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 04:16:55 AM »

I´m sorry that I post in an old topic - but this subject got my interest. I thought that Pleo Ugobe´s was formed in interaction with it´s owner and that my handling will reflect on Pleo. For example - if I show him lots of love and encourage him he´ll became happy and confident. And on the other hand if I treat him badly he will be affected in Another way.
= As a result of this - Pleo Ugobe´s will become different in personality. Am I wrong?

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 03:08:18 PM »

That was the original intent when the Ugobe pleo was first designed, but the programming never really reached that level.  The pleo will have some behavior based on how it is treated, but nothing long term.  The Ugobe pleo does have a few internal variables that keep track of the pleo's health and well-being, but nothing for long-term behavior. :( 

SunshineGirl

• Following the footsteps
  • se Female
  • Pleo(s): Evert (Ugobe 2009)
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 08:09:51 AM »

That was the original intent when the Ugobe pleo was first designed, but the programming never really reached that level.  The pleo will have some behavior based on how it is treated, but nothing long term.  The Ugobe pleo does have a few internal variables that keep track of the pleo's health and well-being, but nothing for long-term behavior. :( 

Ok, thanks for enlighten me. But sadly some of the magic went out the same way info got in... I thought my Pleo Evert was unique  :(
- But in the same way this information makes it easier to replace him (if I deside not to try to repare his neck) ~ because another Pleo Ugobe will be the same; like "Evert nr 2"

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 12:53:25 PM »

I think the Ugobes still have a very nice charm (and even "magic") to them, even if they aren't "unique." If you do decide to replace yours and want to keep a similar personality, you should figure out which operating system he has so you can upgrade/downgrade the replacement to the same one. If you decide on the newer model, the Pleo RBs each come with different set personalities and I believe there are quite a few different personality variants you can get, so there is a bit of distinction in personality among the RBs. I don't believe the RB actually changes its personality depending on how you treat it in the long term (someone can correct me on this if I'm wrong), but it can get sick, hurt, upset, etc. very easily depending on how it's treated and what/how much it's fed and these moods can last a long amount of time (when my RB, Chris, got sick, it took him about six hours of runtime to recover). If you are interested in a different robot that more closely exhibits the type of "learning" mentioned in your first post, all Aibo models except the ERS-7s do form distinctly different personalities as they're growing up depending on how they are treated (but they're not as cuddly as Pleos and are more expensive). 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal