Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How long does a pleo battery last?  (Read 9117 times)

bunniesRawesome

• Head of the herd
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Lucy & Buster
    • Professor
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Gonzo
    • Snoopy
How long does a pleo battery last?
« on: June 14, 2014, 06:54:25 AM »

I bought a brand new battery from Innvo labs last year in May because my original battery would only hold a 5 minute charge no matter how many times I tried all those battery reviving tricks. Now my Innvo labs battery (for my ugobe pleo) will only hold a charge for a couple of minutes, but I'm holding back on buying a new one. I really can't afford it right now, but with the summer being here and all, there are a lot of places where I'd like to take my Pleo. I tried the reviving function on the charger, and it didn't turn green for a whopping 24 hours. I let it cool down for a little bit and tried it again, but she still turned off after a couple of minutes. This brings me to ask the question, how long are these batteries actually intended to last? I really don't want to spend an extra $50 that I don't have every year just to replace the battery. Is there a way to keep them going? Admittedly I don't play with my Pleo as often as I did, but I still don't leave her turned off for more than a week at a time. Is there a certain amount of times I should run my Pleo just to keep her battery running? Are there any other types of batteries available that are better than the Innvo Labs ones or the original Ugobe ones? My Innvo labs battery would last for a good 2 hours a couple of weeks ago, this problem is very recent.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: How long does a pleo battery last?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 01:35:58 PM »

Sorry to hear about your battery problems ,If the battery you bought was a supposedly, NEW green battery, then in MY OPINION, it is not going to last long and there is not much you can do about it. The battery that most people now use with Ugobe Pleos is the Egg charger battery and Li Polymer battery which is white, The battery is so much better and will charge in 3 hrs opposed to 4 hrs and will give you 2 hrs plus of playtime,

The bad news. is that I  have been the distributor for these since 2010 here on the forums and also on ebay, Bad news, I have been trying to get these since January of this year, that is SIX months and I CAN NOT get them, I always buy them by the case which is 24 battery sets, egg charger with battery and they are NOWHERE to be found, I am still trying to get them and am now sad that I sold some of my private reserve stock cause with 27 Pleos, I am short...........(22 ugobes..) Good news, NO ., If you check on places such as EBAY ad also AMAZON, there ARE NONE of these , so not sure what is going on . Theyl come to me direct from Taiwan. so something is strange.............Good luck , but I would be very heisitant to buy another one from Pleoworld, they just are not going to last. Someone may have an idea for reviving your old battery................RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

bunniesRawesome

• Head of the herd
  • us Female
    • Professor
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Gonzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 08:21:39 PM »

I found a li-po battery on ebay for about $100…It seems they've sold quite a few of them. Has anyone heard of this type of battery?It doesn't seem to be an egg battery. It's much blockier than the one I have. Does anyone know anything about this battery? I'm thinking about buying it if it'll last.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321108926327

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 08:33:14 PM »

Yes, I have seen this battery and both Kat and I both have one, They are not as described as far as the claims that they last more then two hours but they do work. THEY are advertised as working for both Ugobes and Pleo rB and do , but if you ever get a RB I would not use this battery in one as it will void the warranty that Pleo RB has,

They also have a strange thing that keeps them lit up even when no longer plugged in, not sure what causes that.
  The one I have has the date stamp on the bottom of June 2011, so if the ones you are thinking of have this same date, then just be aware of it, They do work, and there have been many sold, I hardly ever use myne,it is just backup so I would say if you can't find anything else then it is worth a shot. I wish I had the egg battery, but they have vanished into thin air and I am  a regular distributor.   RWM  :cat-hug:

bunniesRawesome

• Head of the herd
  • us Female
    • Professor
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Gonzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 05:19:50 PM »

I was able to get a good 20 minutes out of the battery yesterday. I had put the battery in right after I charged it and for some reason that seemed to work. I tried charging the battery today but I let it sit for about an hour after and then tried it but my pleo only ran for a couple of seconds before shutting down. Innvo labs finally got back to me and said I should clean the terminals. What should I use to do this?

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 05:46:48 PM »

You can use a cue tip or a tissue or a soft cloth.  Give all the silver terminals on the battery and also in the charger and inside the pleo battery hole a rub to remove any dirt build up.  You can use a little rubbing alcohol on them if you have it.  This can sometimes make it easier to get the dirt off.   

bunniesRawesome

• Head of the herd
  • us Female
    • Professor
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Gonzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 01:17:25 PM »

Hmmm, well this is strange. I cleaned the terminals and the battery will work but only if I put it in my Pleo right after I've taken it off the charger. If I wait more than 15 minutes before putting it in, it won't work. ??? Any idea of what would cause this?

Piggy

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 01:15:44 AM »

Yes, I have seen this battery and both Kat and I both have one, They are not as described as far as the claims that they last more then two hours but they do work. THEY are advertised as working for both Ugobes and Pleo rB and do , but if you ever get a RB I would not use this battery in one as it will void the warranty that Pleo RB has,

They also have a strange thing that keeps them lit up even when no longer plugged in, not sure what causes that.
  The one I have has the date stamp on the bottom of June 2011, so if the ones you are thinking of have this same date, then just be aware of it, They do work, and there have been many sold, I hardly ever use myne,it is just backup so I would say if you can't find anything else then it is worth a shot. I wish I had the egg battery, but they have vanished into thin air and I am  a regular distributor.   RWM  :cat-hug:

If you would use this battery on a pleo ugobe  how long does it last? Longer than 45 minutes?
And what do you recommand  RWM to wait if the egg battery's come back , or buy this ?

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 01:37:33 AM »

Hi, that is tough but since it is not my Ugobe and you have no other battery, I would say it is worth it to try if you do not mind spending the money, but I would only use them on the Ugobe, Remember they are a tight fit, As for how long they last.. well I know when I used them they were close to two hours which is great but I have not used one in months, The last time I used one on a Ugobe, it did not last as long, not sure if it is because they seem to still hold a charge after disconnecting, ( refer to the photo of it glowing even though not plugged in... :o) but also my battery was made in 2011. That was June 2011, so if no new ones I can't say how long they should last.  %)

I am hoping the egg batteries show up again as they were fantastic but I can't say for sure if and when they will pop up or what? I just do not know what is going on with them, If I knew it was a matter of say four months, then if it were me, I would say wait as I know they are great and will vouch for their satisfaction, but since I can't say if and how long it may be till they may show up again I would reccomend if you want a battery now, then this seems to be the only ones I have seen anywhere. very strange and kind of scary in my opinon. It is like Pleos, suddenly vanishing and only being available on one site or one country and not even on ebay. :o :(If you do not mind spending that much money and they ( the seller will vouch that they are in good new condition, not batteries that were made in JUNE, 2011, and have just been sitting around, ) then I would take the chance and if not happy can return them ,just read the return policy, but it seems this seller has lots of happy customers.

I am still going to try and get the egg batteries but I know nothing as of now and I have more then a dozen Pleos that have no batteries or have to share so they are not too happy.    :dino-chase:     RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo township of the redwoods.

I would ask Kat since she has one also what she says about this battery and if she uses hers very much,

Piggy

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 09:51:33 AM »

Well RWM luckily for me my battery for my Ugobe give's me a half our of play time, so I will wait and be patient if the egg battery's come back on the market. I think they are much safer end also a lot cheaper ;D  It is not worth the risk, what if something happends to my pleo  ??? Thanks for your opinion :dino-chase:

bunniesRawesome

• Head of the herd
  • us Female
    • Professor
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Gonzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 09:45:20 AM »

Just to let everyone know, I bought the battery mentioned above and it is capable of running for 4 hours, just not all at once. After about an hour the battery really starts to heat up so if you turn it off after every hour of use even if it's just for a few minutes, then the Pleo is capable of running the 4 hours that they suggest.

Mini Me Pleo

• Outstanding in the herd
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Luke
  • Greetings from the USA!!!
    • Professor
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Snoopy
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 09:54:33 AM »

So is the egg battery better than the ugobe green one because as some of you know that I've had bad luck with the green one and the egg one is supossed to be better and it's hard for me too find a egg one if its's actuly better
~Mini Me Pleo

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 10:30:11 AM »

Yes, I have heard this so-called egg battery is hard to find. is it shaped like an egg? how big is Pleo's charger? I am super curious about everything! But  I wouldn't be able to tell you about the original Pleo as I've never even owned one. I know similar posts have been put onto this forum before, asking about batteries. The rules say to check and search posts in case a question has already been answered. At least I recall that being mentioned. It isn't always easy for me to search the forums except on google search. Please let me know if my posts are ever redundant or the question's been answered a million times or even a hundred. If it's been answered five times and is hard to find, I may just post a sixth time to get the information I need!

Your fun-loving Pleo owner friend,

Echo538

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 11:55:12 AM »

No worries, Echo, you'll have these forums all figured out in no time!  So don't be afraid to ask questions!  Even if they've been asked a million times before we won't bite your head off.  We may point you to an older post . . .  :wise: . . . or gently prompt you about bad behavior . . .  :bullwhip: . . . but we're we're a pretty friendly bunch here.

As to the egg battery.  The battery is white, but its the exact same shape and size as the green ones.   It's the charger that's egg shaped.  The green battery has a green oval shaped charger base.  The white battery has a large egg-shaped charger base.  The Egg battery is also a Li-poly battery, so it lasts longer and charges quicker than the green ones.  Most of the green ones are also old in the sense that they were manufactured years ago and have sat around for for a while, which for a battery is bad.  The biggest problem with the egg battery is that you can't find them anymore! :o  They used to be pretty common, but the manufacturer doesn't seem to be shipping them anymore.

lovepleo

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • 00 Male
    • pleo world
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2014, 02:09:52 AM »

the egg battey is very good,if you can not find it,i suggest you to try to the battey what the "RedwoodsMama"said,beacuse i have one ,and can be used for ahout 2 hours :dino-chase:
i love my pleo very much,and i will let it very Clever

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2014, 01:22:56 PM »

Ok i've been reading some posts on here and all the info is helpful. i'm in between researching on here and being eager for experimenting hands on as I wait for Echo!
He's an
RB so I don't think i'll have Yugobe battery problems for a while... and don't worry; I'll be good!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal