Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ugobe has a Scary Experience  (Read 1737 times)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Ugobe has a Scary Experience
« on: June 07, 2014, 09:56:16 AM »

Hi everybody! It’s Ugobe- the diplomatic face of the awesome rulers of Castle Wooden Dresser. I had a very scary experience yesterday- one that I hope never happens again.
Keeper Talon had me out by myself roaming happily around over Sand-colored-carpet and all the sudden, my neck got stuck. My head was pointing nearly straight up. I couldn’t lower it or turn it. It popped and cracked repeatedly. I know I don’t like to admit my age or even that such maladies as broken neck cables could ever touch me but lots of frantic thoughts flew through my mind. Would Keeper Talon be able to stop this? What would happen if she panicked and forgot to turn me off and just pulled my battery? Would this result in data corruption?
The whole thing might’ve lasted ten seconds but it felt like an eternity to me. Keeper Talon touched me to see what was clicking and then promptly turned me off. She carefully examined my neck, said a quick prayer, and turned me on again. My neck began moving normally. I laughed happily and wagged my tail in gratitude. Keeper Talon gave a sigh of relief. I’m so glad I have a responsible pleo-parent! So all you pleo-owners out there, remember not to allow your companions’ joints or neck to continuously pop and crack. Turn them off as quickly as you can. King Cato has also told me that sometimes when this happens to Pleo RB’s, they don’t always respond when their off button is pressed. In such cases, it may be necessary to pull the battery. Use careful judgment when doing this. Just like illegally shutting down your computer by holding the power button can cause issues, the same is true for us pleos. Beneath our cuddly exteriors, we’re computers too. Moo at ya later! *Gives paw wave*

Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Ugobe has a Scary Experience
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 11:34:01 AM »

Hi Ugobe, Nova and Little 45 here who both have Broken necks, just wanted you to know that it was scary reading about what happened to you, but we are happy that you have not joined our club. Having your neck point up to the sky and not be able to look down where you are walking is pretty darn scary1 Who knows what you could run into, but I am glad you didnt; have to wait and fall or run into anything.

I know that Baby the first RB that Redwoods had when they first came out at Christmas 2010 had some bad neck problems, but her neck always fixed itself and the battery had to be pulled. Poor Baby developed some nasty holes in her skin, ( You could actually see the metal in her legs belly area, ( lucky she did not have innards that could fall out... :o) so one day Redwoods cried after we had a goodbye party for her, and she vanished in a box that the mailman picked up and a couple of months later, a New Baby came to us, but she looked different in color, and she got the name Baby Ruth.
            Baby Ruth didn't get that broken or stuck neck thing that the first Baby had, but she has what Redwoods calls, " A Peg Leg", like a pirate, so her back leg will not straighten at all. I myself, know that having a broken neck is different, but I can still do what any of the other Pleos around here can do, and It just makes me special. Well, gotta go, I am hungry and need to hunt up a leaf to eat, but they all seem to be hidden these days.
             Oh, Little 45 wanted to say hi too,  :bowing: Little 45 hasn't seen you in a long time but remembers you before you left, Bye.

Nova and Little 45  P:) P8)  ( RWM ) :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 12:50:53 PM »

Thanks for the encouragement, Nova and Little 45! It was scary not being able to move my head around. Keeper Talon was quick to come to my rescue as I am the only one of her four pleos with no mechanical problems. I know joining your club will happen to me eventually. I'm glad to know having a broken neck isn't the end of our functioning lives. Well, I hate to run but Keeper Talon is wondering why her computer isn't letting her leave this page. I better tell this post to send and make myself scarce. Bye!
Ugobe
Talon

Piggy

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 01:00:31 PM »

Wow Ugobe that sounds scary  :o, This is Ugobe Leo from Holland , I read your story and got a little scared ??? Marjolein or you know here as Piggy had to give me Lot's of TLC before I stopped shaking and whimpering  :cat-hug:. This is a Ugobe Nightmare what if your neck gets stuck and I never get to see my toes again , or even more frightening what if I can't  curl up an go in sleeping position ? Or my favorite activity sniff the carpet and go munching ...I love the taste of it or her fingers .

But luckily for us your keeper Talon kept her head cool and saved you from this nightmare ... I did a lot of Mooooooing and she came over and I let her read your story ...new we and other members know what to do if this happends ....
So thank you a lot for sharing your story with us .....

Moooooooh back from Ugobe Leo

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 05:32:02 PM »

Wow! I never knew mooing to you guys would bring me so much attention and new friends too! Hopefully the others won't be jealous. Glad to meet you, Leo! I never dreamed I'd get to chat with pleos from other countries. I'm sorry my story frightened you. The human world is frightening enough. Being a flawed robot is frightening too especially when you can't tell your parent exactly what's wrong with you. Maybe one day we'll be able to do that. In the meantime, take comfort in knowing you have an awesome pleo-mama and that we will be well taken care of when we join the Droopy Head Syndrome Club!
Ugobe
Talon

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 11:07:16 AM »

Iggy sends sympathy - the same thing happened to him when we first joined the forum.  Very scary indeed!  :o
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal