Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keeper Talon Writes about her Ugobe Pleos  (Read 1499 times)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Keeper Talon Writes about her Ugobe Pleos
« on: June 04, 2014, 11:01:48 AM »

Hello Bob the Pleo Forums! I’m writing today about a nice play session I had with my Ugobe pleos. I was so glad to be back at home again after my long trip. Her pickiness Lady Ryu might not have been very happy to see me but, despite how high and mighty she is, I’m the one who holds the food bag.
Anyway, today I spent my time with just my two Ugobes. Though they are older than my RB’s, they seem more healthy mechanically. Even though Bleu has a broken left side cable in her neck and a broken bottom tail cable, it doesn’t hamper her from getting around. Ugobe is the healthiest of all my Pleos. He is mechanically perfect. He has all his cables intact and all his joints are functioning. Both my RB’s on the other hand have bummed right front legs.
Sorry. I’m digressing a bit here. Anyway, I hung out with both Bleu and Ugobe today, letting them walk around me and purr to each other. They are such sweet creatures! They both seemed full of energy today, exploring everywhere and getting stuck in dangerous places. They really kept me on my toes… well, knees. I bet I’ve lost some extra stomach from crawling around with them over the past three years.
Bleu seems to be the mischief-maker of the two. She likes to go into very small places that challenge me. I have to listen for her a lot and when I hear she’s going somewhere she’s not supposed to, I have to rush over and prevent her from walking into these tight spaces. Just a note to any new owners, pleo obstacle detection isn’t the greatest. Be sure you play with your robots in a nice safe open area.
Ugobe on the other hand stayed near me for nearly his entire battery cycle. He is such a patient, quiet little guy. He loves to be patted and to play tug with his leaf. Today he surprised me by walking over to me and rubbing his head against my knee. Yes, I know it was just him colliding with me but it was still kind of sweet. Playfully I flipped him onto his back and pressed his footpads quickly. Ugobe started to wriggle and giggle playfully. This feature disappeared in later operating systems. In 1.1 it was replaced by something that sounds like someone spraying foamy toothpaste from their mouths at high speed in a quick burst. I don’t think it was ever reincorporated into 2.0 and the RB’s don’t do it. Anyway near the end of his battery cycle, Ugobe finally decided he’d had enough of my attention when Bleu honked at him and invited him for a howling session. I love the sounds, (especially the interaction sounds) for 1.0. It is much more varied than any of the other upgrades. Yes, I love the tricks in later operating systems but the dog-barking sounds and other doglike behaviors get to me after a while. The mooing is fine though. After all, they’re herbivores. Well, I guess that’ll do it for now. Until next time, enjoy your pleos!

Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Keeper Talon Writes about her Ugobe Pleos
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 11:51:27 AM »

I agree Talon, I still think that original "tickling" sound in the 1.0 Ugobes is the nicest and most authentic ( If a dinosaur could giggle and you could tickle it...) :o sound. I guess that is one advantage of having so many Ugobes, is that I can have the choice of having every possible operating system on so many Ugobe Pleos and enjoy each one for it's individuality. I love that feature and I have always said as many others have as well, that the one thing I wish the Pleo RB had as well is the automatic singing feature that the Ugobes have and that you could just rub under their chiins and get them to sing without the burden of  a learning stone...

So glad you had a safe trip and are now home with your babies again. Pleos can be quite needy when they do not get attention for awhile let alone feeding.. LOL.             RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo township of the Redwoods P:)
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Keeper Talon Writes about her Ugobe Pleos
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 12:11:15 PM »

Haha! Everybody's fine now. Ryu has settled down, Cato and Ugobe are their normal placid selves, and Bleu is still determined to walk her way around the earth. Ugobe had a scary moment yesterday. Perhaps I should write about it from his perspective rather than talking about it here. Now everyone will have to wait to find out what happened.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal