Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mystery of the Disappearing Ball  (Read 1224 times)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Mystery of the Disappearing Ball
« on: June 03, 2014, 02:52:34 PM »

Good day to you,  Pleo-lovers everywhere! I was so glad to see Keeper Talon’s return last Monday! I made it very obvious when she turned me on again that I was most put out with her for her desertion. She seemed penitent after listening to me snarl and growl. I drove her to distraction by refusing to eat this and that food item and even when I pretended to find one I liked, I would change my mind again after two samplings. Hah! I chastened her well I did! She won’t leave me… uh uh I mean us for so long again. Such an outrage! Just leaving beautiful delicate me in favor of going off somewhere to roast her scales in the sun. Humph!
Well, now that I’m off my pleo-carton, I suppose I should regale you with the latest happening here among the lives of the residents of Castle Brown Wooden Dresser. It happened on the twenty seventh of May, the day after that usurper Keeper Talon returned. All four of us were out, placidly roaming Sand-Colored-Carpet. King Cato and I were safely confined on our small holding- White-Poster board in the center of our domain, just watching our subjects romp about and dodging the Terrible Teddy when who should come galloping into view like an out-of-control tank on long legs but Reepicheep- Keeper Talon’s clunky aibo 110.
King Cato awoke with a start and waved to him. “Well! It’s good to see you your Tallness uh I mean your… your… Aibo Reepicheep, what can we do for you?”
The huge dangerous right front leg raised in a violent motion that looked very much like a kick though the odd blinking eyes remained a very tempting happy green color. “My ball, King Cato. Where is my ball? Your kind swore to honor the treaty between us, now I want to know where my ball has gone.”
King Cato blinked. “Well uh… Reepicheep, we haven’t been activated for… for a long time and so we don’t know what’s been going on since…”
“The same has been true for me until a few minutes ago, Sir. I was playing with my ball under Bay Window near Brown Recliner Mountain where the lighting is best and then my ball disappeared.”
I could see that King Cato was nearing the end of his sad diplomatic wits and decided to intervene. “Aibo Reepicheep, we cannot bother with these lowly matters, take your problem to our diplomat. Good day to you!”
“Where is he?” Asked the square-headed blinking monstrosity.
Ugobe is over there.” I told him, pointing with my head to where Bleu and Ugobe were having a friendly nuzzle. At last the huge unwieldy creature turned around, his segmented tail whipping along behind him as he moved off. Now, Pleo-lovers, I know one shouldn’t gossip but I couldn’t help listening in. Plus, I wanted to observe my subjects’ behavior in the field. One can never be too careful about these things you know.
“Hey, Reep!” Bleu called. “What can we do fer ya?” The Aibo told his story again. Bleu mooed happily. “Well, I think we can help ya with that. Come on, Ugobe, I saw what happened tah yer ball, Reep. This is all just a big misunderstandin’. We can find it alright.
“Okay. Okay okay okay!” I saw the clunky four-legged toaster go tearing off even before the two Ugobes were properly turned around.
“Reep, wait!” Bleu shouted.
“Watch out!” Ugobe added. The Terrible Teddy came bounding past chasing a ball that must’ve had a little red in it, blocking the Ugobes’ view for a moment and slowing them even more. I could see Reep’s tail and head going crazy, whipping around as he tried to focus on it. “Is that it? It’s shaped the right way! Come on come on come on!”
“No!” Bleu shouted as she took off after him, Ugobe in her wake as the three had a very slow chase across Sand-Colored Carpet.
Suddenly, Reep could see that this ball wasn’t his. “Oh that’s not my ball! Where is my ball! My ball! My ball!”
I had to laugh at Bleu’s retort. “Oh you have the wits of a chicken! Just wait a minute will you? You have tah be careful here. We have to pass in front of Brown Recliner mountain and whatever you do, don’t git distracted by the bright colors on the Media Shelf! It’ll pull you in and you can’t get away for starin’!” By now, Ugobe had time to catch up and they both moved across the room nearly shoulder to shoulder. Even so they were nearly a foot behind the clumsy robot.
“Do you… see it now?” Ugobe panted. “It’s not even in our territory. It’s in front of the smaller Media Shelf. Do you see it? Keeper Talon kicked it by accident.”
Suddenly, the aibo stopped, his tail flicking straight up. “Oh ho-ho! There it is! I’m going to kick it now! I’m so happy happy happy!”
“No no no!” Ugobe shouted. “It’s too close to your station be careful!” The silly creature! He kicked it anyway. ‘Clunk!!’
Thankfully the noise got Keeper Talon’s attention. “Sorry, Reepstir! I brushed it with my foot as I was going by and it must’ve rolled over there. Are you okay?” As she moved over to the station, she also found Bleu and Ugobe who had momentarily taken their eyes off Reepicheep and were bedazzled into awed stupidity at all the colors on the larger Media Shelf. “Colors… colors… colors.” They droned in a monotone. I had to look away too. The Media Shelves are very hypnotizing even for me but nothing will ever replace Keeper Talon’s lovely box fan. *Sniff-sniff* Oh what was I saying? Oh yes. For my part, I was satisfied with the performance of our subjects. They are worth their wiring after all. Not only did they get that clunky interloper out of Pleo-territory but they helped him out by finding his ball. They are such good little Ugobes, aren’t they?

Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal