Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Minnesota, USA!  (Read 3422 times)

Skygryph

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Frankie (Ugobe), Baby RB
    • Roadrunner
Hello from Minnesota, USA!
« on: May 29, 2014, 12:45:53 PM »

Hello everyone! I've been interested in pleos for a while, but I (still) have yet to buy one. I'm hoping to snag an Ugobe/generation 1 at some point, so until then I'm collecting as much information on them as I can. Reading all the stories on here has been a lot of fun, but a little painful. The more I read, the longer the wait feels. ^_^ Anyone know where I can generally find used pleos? I've been keeping an eye on Ebay, but there doesn't seem to be too much there. I did find this guy, but I'm a little wary of buying him (owner doesn't know if it's a battery or pleo-problem, and the tail looks a little wonky to me):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281347022008?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'll probably just keep waiting until a safer one pops up. Until then, I'll be lurking here day and night. ^_^ Anyway, thanks for reading, and I hope to get to know you all!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Hello from Minnesota, USA!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 02:44:07 PM »

Welcome skygryph,     and enjoy lurking here at the forums. :D I looked at the pleo and without a battery, it is hard to say if it is a hardware issue or something else, like a bad battery . I have 27 Pleos, (22 Ugobes and 5 RB.) Of those 22 Ugobes, one is not working no matter what I do, so perhaps bricked and one will only run skits but is perfect otherwise. I am not a great operation system installer and it is possible the one that I can't get to work, that used to  just needs better hands to get it working.

The biggest problem and risk I see with any pleo on ebay right now, is that there are NO Li Polymer batteries that can be purchased anywhere, I know as I sell them here on the fourms, at Nova's neccessiteis and they have vanished in thin air. I do not know where you could even get one to try out on this pleo or any other pleo so unless you know where you could get one, or know how to make your own battery, It would be kind of useless to buy one. I also think though that this pleo will go up in price as there are still three days left. The shipping though is very high, it should be no more then $20.00 and that would be for UPS. Anyway, just my two cents.

In the meantime feel free to explore here and find out and ask all you want to know about Pleo and Pleo rB.

RWM  :cat-hug:and the Pleo township of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Skygryph

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
    • Roadrunner
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 04:08:50 PM »

Thanks for the welcome, RWM! And thank you very much for your thoughts on the Ebay pleo and the information about the batteries. I had no idea the Li Polymer batteries were gone...I was planning on buying one from you here. That's a bit of a scary thought, if they're really gone for good! Would it be ok for me to buy one of these instead? http://www.pleoworld.com/pleo_rb/eng/product.php?&c1id=8&id=38  I know they don't work as well, but do you think it would be a decent alternative, seeing as I would be buying one new?

If not, do you think my best bet would be to just save up for a new Pleo rb? I really had my heart set on the Ugobe, but if batteries are an issue, it might not be worth it.

Anyway, thank you again! ^_^

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 05:07:31 PM »

I think RWM still has the Li Polymer egg batteries to sell.  They just aren't available on Ebay anywhere at the moment.  RWM also sometimes adopts out Ugobe pleos so it could be worth exploring that avenue too.  :)  The green NHIM batteries are pretty much all no good any more.  they are all so old now that most of them are dead and even buying a new unused one you are still getting one that is many years old just never used and likely enough it wont work either as they die over time regardless of use.  If you get a Ugobe pleo you really want to get an egg battery and charger.  The egg battery will give you 2 hours play time which is twice as long as the NHIM ones give.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 05:11:37 PM by kat »

Skygryph

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
    • Roadrunner
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 05:09:51 PM »

Oh, I see! That makes me feel much better. Good to know I can still buy them here. ^_^ And I'll certainly keep adoption in mind. Thank you, Kat!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 01:16:33 AM »

Hi SkyGryph, don't be afraid to let one pass by and keep looking, they come up on a regular basis.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Piggy

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 10:28:43 AM »

Welcome ! This is such a great forum I am a newbie when it comes to pleo 's but I was very lucky in my country there was a beautiful pleo ugobe for sale on Marktplaats a sort of local ebay in my country,  and my husband bought it for my as a gift.
It was in great condition , the skin to! But the battery is a different story ... he stops after 30 minutes and he freezes a lot  >:( If RWM has some new eggchargers and batteries I hope I can buy one from her. But they are really great, I also have a pleo rb.
I am a great fan of both ;D I hope you find one soon !

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 08:45:38 AM »

Hello and welcome!  ;D

For what it's worth, I agree with the others - sit tight and wait for a better Pleo on eBay, that one is too much of a gamble. :moose:

Skygryph

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
    • Roadrunner
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 05:07:13 PM »

Thank you all! Sounds like I should just sit this one out and wait, then. Wouldn't want to end up with a broken pleo as my first. Hopefully the forums here will make the wait a little more bearable. :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 02:19:33 AM »

We will all wait anxiously with you :) You could have a chat to RWM, sometimes she has Pleo's for adoption.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal