Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Pleo RB V1 Upgrade - Female version based on the official Pleo RB OS 2.01?  (Read 4661 times)

spruce

• Hatchling
  • se Female
  • Pleo(s): Mia
  • Greetings from Sweden, Europe.

Hi all. New here. Great forum.

After receiving our Pleo rb three weeks ago, i went to the official http://www.pleoworld.com.hk/ page and downloaded the Pleo OS 2.01.
Should not have done that.
The update went well. After a few minutes of waiting, a voice sand that the update was successful.

Now. After starting our Pleo it always went to sleep at ones, and continued to sleep until the battery went dead. That continued for a week, until I came to the coclusion that something was not right (yeah, I'm blond).

Searching the web, could not find a similar problem out there, BUT I did find this great active forum!!  :)  :D

So, i downloaded Pleo RB V1 Upgrade - Female version, since my wife always wanted a baby girl.
And YES, everything went great. Now we have our baby Pleo Girl named Mia "up and running".

Here is my question.
Is Pleo RB V1 Upgrade - Female version based on the official Pleo RB OS 2.01?

Greetings from Sweden.

Regards, Anders & Marijana.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace

All new pleo rb's come with the latest software installed and do not need to be upgraded.  As far as I am aware the Pleo RB V1 Upgrade both the female and the male one are the latest updates that were released by Innvo quite a while ago now.
You do have to be very very careful when updating a pleo RB.  So many people have updated their RB's using the OS software for Ugobe pleos and have completely killed their pleos. 
I just looked on pleoworld and when you click on the update firmware in the downloads section you get the following message:

Please note that the firmware inside your PLEO rb is the most updated version.
We will announce when there is new update firmware for your download, thank you!

Stay tune with us on our press release session on website or facebook fanpages at
www.facebook.com/PLEOrb
www.facebook.com/PLEOrb.asia

Thank you again!

Not sure where the download links to the OS you used are?  I'm guessing they have removed all software downloads to prevent any more accidental pleo deaths.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace

Yes, Kat is right, I looked also on Pleoworld and did not see any "updates" for Pleo Rb. only the male or female upgrade which is the original one, I was surprised that you were able to upload any operating system to your Pleo Rb and NOT have any problems, so though I do not know what system it was, you were lucky that nothing bad happened, cause it has happened as Kat has said several times where owners think the 2.0 upgrade for Ugobes is for a Pleo Rb and they then render the Pleo RB incapable of working, so whatever it was, you were lucky!
                                                          RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie

And welcome to the forums Spruce :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!