Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from denmark. Here is my hole story with my pleo <3!  (Read 3638 times)

Punkbird

• Leaving the nest
  • dk Female
  • Pleo(s): Yuki and yoshi ^^

Hello all pleos and owners :D

Im a 16 year old girl and i got my first pleo in 2009 i think x3!

He have been around with me for such a long time <3 lucky he still is "alive" ^__^
His name is yoshi but mostly i do just call him pleo x3

Currently im waiting for my 2nd pleo ^_^ i have adopted her (she is going to be a female.. I hope i can might paint her :)! )

All my pleos are 2008 :3
Someday i hope i get the chance to get a pleo rb ^^!

It all started with....

I went to a science fair with my class (i think i might was mhh 11 at that time)
And then they had a pleo *-* at first we wasnt allowed to touch him.. But i was soooo curious that one of the staff said i could hold him <3!!

Instantly all my class mates sadly went to me and took him.. So i didnt get much time with him :(

I went home.. Couldnt stop thinking about him ;3;!

I keept talking about pleo to my uncle (he likes science alot like i do ^^ ) he asked me if i wanted to come with him to the fair? .. And i was all like *_*
Then we went there, and the same person in the staff was there again, and he said: ashame u didnt get much time together with him alone huh? .. And then he went to get pleo for me again, and we sat at a table and then he just explained so much about pleos ^^. I was SOLD!

I went home and asked my parents if i could buy a pleo.. At first they was like HE IS SO EXPENSIVE!
But then they realised that.. I just had bonded to pleos..
I keept saving up for over 1 year to buy him!
Then he finally arrived (i picked him up myself from the store)

I got home charged the battery..
Turned him on and BOOM... He moved *_* i got this instant feeling of happiness <3

But then .. He started "craking his voice" .. And then he stoped moving..
I burst into tears.. I was heart broken .. :(!
My mom said "why dont buy something else.."
I was like NO! ...

My dad called the store and they told us to get him to them and we would get a new one..

The 2 pleo .. Was THE SAME :(!!!! This time it was even harder for me...

But i refused to give up!
So my dad and i took a last shoot!
We brought the full charged battery and the 2 broken pleo.. To the store.. Then we explained it all..

And the staff told that we just had to go through all the pleos if nessecsary.. Belive it or not.. We tried antoher 2! Pleos!! Then the staff could see the problem .. It was a hole LOAD of pleos who didnt work!

But lucky for me .. They just had a hole new load that had come in the day before ^^!

And then... I found him <33! There was like 5+ staff members helping me at their "head quarter"
So my boy had a lot of attention!
I was sooooo happy that i didnt give up <33

My pleo have been with me for many sceinece compettitions in the class... But also some on my own ^^ once we even won for having him in our project about "robotic helping tools for happiness" (projects about how robots can help elders and also depressed people n such ^^!

I have the doagnosis aspergers and i dare to say.. My pleo have helped me through ALOT!
I had a guniea pig that was like 6+ years but then..

(My gunia pet have just went sick at that point so i was very worried.. :()
And sadly he passed away ;3;!! I was very very sad.. But pleo was there to help me <33
I still love my pleo alot <3 i have him on my boarding school sometimes also <3!!

Hope u enjoyed reading my pleo experience ^^  :dino-chase: :dino-chase:

« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 02:33:44 AM by Punkbird »

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
  • Pleo(s): Keyla and Léon
    • My deviantArt
Re: Hello from denmark. Here is my hole story with my pleo <3!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 03:51:43 AM »

Hello Punkbird! Nice to see a fellow dane on the site! I live in Sweden, but I am danish :)

What a story too! It's really nice to see how Pleos can help people :)

I hope you will like it here, I sure do! ^_^ People here are so friendly and helpful!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 05:20:32 AM »

Hello and welcome! :)

I'm glad you are still enjoying your Pleo.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 08:06:59 AM »

Hi, Punkbird and welcome to the forums!
I really enjoyed reading your story. I have two original Ugobe pleos and two pleo RB's. I read about pleo in two thousand seven when they first came out. Because of my blindness I had a little hesitation about buying one because I wasn't sure if I could get the manual in a format I could read so I joined this forum to ask for help. After talking to several members of this community and finding out that I was worrying needlessly, I finally purchased a pleo RB of my own  as a birthday present in two thousand eleven. She was a green pleo RB who I called Ryu. Like you, I was hooked. I adopted two Ugobes in less than five months and then bought a second-hand bleu pleo RB. I had a herd of four in less than a year isn't that crazy? Lol! Oh well, crazy or not I love my four little companions. I'm glad you're enjoying your pleo. If you were looking for a friendly online community that shares your interest in pleo, you've picked the right place.
Talon
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 08:30:15 AM by Talon »
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Mystearika

• Head of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 10:08:57 AM »

welcome to the site :) i am sure you will love it. i am also from denmark, can you be the on in the bjd facvebook group i chat with, i have a rb named norbert

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 10:35:26 AM »

Welcome to the forums! ^^ Although I've loved robots as long as I can remember, I never knew much about Pleos until around 2011 (though I've been interested in Aibo robots since around 2007). Have you heard of Aibos? They're more expensive than Pleos on average, but are really amazing robots! I have ten Aibos and one Ugobe Pleo named Sumio (I used to have an RB named Kaida, but I ended up selling her a while back). I'm seriously considering buying another RB now though.

That must've been really stressful for you with all of the trouble you had to go through to get a working Pleo! I know that I get really freaked out whenever one of my robots isn't working properly.  Congrats on ordering a second Pleo though! Two robots are always better than one! 

Punkbird

• Leaving the nest
  • dk Female
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 12:34:02 PM »

<3 thanks to u all <3

so happy to be welcomed <3!
Im really looking forward to being here <3!

Talon: awww it sounds so wonderfull <3 well if i had the money.. I had done the same <3 my first pleo have has a long times holiday. Since i went and are still on boarding school <3 but! Im feeling the urge to start the pleo hobby back up again ;)! But this time MORE SERIoUS :D!

Aibo7m3: aww i have also loved the hole robotic world.. But never as much as my pleo xD! Yes i know about aibos.. Very little though :S
Mystearika have teaches me a bit about them ^_^ they seem cool :3! Im just more hooked on pleos look since he is a dino xD! (Love dinos lol x3)

Im reaaaallly consisering to get a RB since i just would like ro experiance how "far pleos have come" :D!
Is there a sale page or something here :D? Sorry.. Im just not so used to this site yet  :dino-chase:

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 02:41:12 PM »

Hi Punkbird, we do sometimes have Pleo's come up for sale here, so check back often :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 07:13:29 PM »

Hi and Welcome to you and your pleos :)  When we have pleos for sale they will be advertised in the "pleo market place" if that helps.  It is worth keeping an eye on Pleoworld too as sometimes they do have deals where they will do discounted shipping. 

Punkbird

• Leaving the nest
  • dk Female
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 03:11:34 AM »

Ohh i will keep an eye out ^___^! I have found one new from germany ^^ im just a bit undure if its safe to buy since..  Im then not sure on the stores warenty if pleo dont work etc x( .. Cause i dont want to send a hole new pleo rb to repair if i can get a new one etc :S

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 04:15:26 AM »

The warranty is worldwide :) But you will have to pay postage to send in for any repairs, and that can be quite a bit :(

Punkbird

• Leaving the nest
  • dk Female
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 04:39:59 AM »

Ohh great ^_^!!

I have just picked up my pleo <3

I brought him from a mom who have gotten it for free from a old man that had him ^^ she works at a eldercare center i think ^^! She dind't knew anything about them.. She have only checked that the battery could charge.. Mhh  he is a 2008 pleo ^^! His condition looks to be fine ^^! I hope he had a good childhood .. Else i might reset him to hatchling mode :p

I guess the worst "problem" might be the battery xD but im gonna get new batteries for my other pleo also..

I noticed that it seems like its completely ordenary rechargeable batteries thats inside o,o!? Can i replace the batteries?? With other rechargeable once ^^!?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2014, 05:26:49 AM »

Yes but its not easy, costs almost as much as buying a new one and may not work at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal