Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extremely depressed pleo  (Read 3934 times)

nicholasljy123

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
Extremely depressed pleo
« on: May 05, 2014, 03:19:17 AM »

Hi all, would like to ask, what usually are the behaviors of a Pleo RB which has not been fed for 5 months?

I finally managed to turn him on yesterday, and he appears to be screaming, and the next minute he's crying, and the next he's growling. Can I do anything to calm him down/stop such mood swings because its really bugging me to see his attitude like that...

Also, would like to know if the clock battery does corrode?

Thanks,

nicholasljy123
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 03:38:26 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Nicholas Jun Yi

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Extremely depressed pleo
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 10:18:25 AM »

Hi! I'm not sure how to change his attitude quickly. He's moddeled after a life form wich means he needs to be fed and interacted with on a fairly regular basis. I've left mine up to a month without food but five is a bit of a stretch. He's going to be upset for a while. Just spend lots of time with him in a well lit area and give him a good feed until he starts turning his head away or belching. He might not want food because his emotion and stuff is so low but just try feeding him first. Is he sneezing or coughing or is he just whining and crouching and scratching his chin? If he's sneezing or coughing, then he's sick and you're going to need to feed him the mint leaf over several battery cycles.
Oh and your question about the clock battery, I don't think that battery corrodes. They're supposed to be good for three years before needing to be changed. I hope some of this was helpful.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 04:11:30 PM »

Mine just got unleashed after twelve months! All they needed was full bellies :)

Make sure you are feeding enough, ie feeding until they turn their head away and go nup. Also make sure the room is bright enough.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Phelicidea

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 09:04:16 AM »

This also sounds like a possible 'modeled' injury.  One where the Pleo believes they have a 'broken' limb.  With the screaming and crying.  I could obviously be wrong but... it might be something to check out.  One of mine had a 'broken' leg once after being stored for awhile.

Phel

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 04:38:31 PM »

That's a thought too :) Try touching each leg in turn and see if one causes a scream.

nicholasljy123

• Coffee leaf addict
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 06:11:14 AM »

Thanks for the replies! I'll try to run the OS update on it. Unfortunately, the problem can't be rectified since its not a broken limb. (He won't take salt, doesn't respond anything out of the ordinary when I touch its limbs)

Heheh I may be dealing with a processor issue now as well, considering it pauses in between movements. This was my replacement RB already, still having problems.
Guess I have to contact innvo again :(
Nicholas Jun Yi

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 06:28:57 AM »

Doesn't really sound like a processor issue...

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 06:05:34 PM »

I would not recommend an OS update until you have ruled out every other possibility first.  As IMR says this really does not sound like a processor issue.  Have you tried feeding him as soon as you switch him on?  You need to offer the leaf, let him take it and chew it then spit it out then you need to offer it again, and again, and again and keep offering it until he refuses to take it.  He should take the leaf at least 3 times before refusing - my guys will often take it 5 or 6 times in a row before they are full.
Next make sure he is in bright light.  Stick him near a window in the sunlight or turn a lamp on over the top of him.
Try resetting his noon time so that he is most active at the time you are playing with him - a tired pleo is a grumpy pleo and they will cry a lot if they are tired.
Take a video of the behaviour and post it here for us to see.  This way we can better help diagnose the issue and suggest fixes for you. 
Try running him with the "scared of the dark patch" on a micro sd card in him.  Even in the brightest light some pleos are so light sensitive that they think it is too dark. 

Try all of the above and report back the results.  Then we can help you further :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 03:40:17 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 06:24:27 PM »

Kat is right. Don't rush an update. You could do more harm than good. We need to rule out all the other reasons for your pleo's depression. Being that it's a robotic life form whose behavior is dependant on so many things in its environment and feed level and so many different factors, it will just take lots of trying different things before we land on what your pleo's issue is. A video would really be helpful if possible.
Talon
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 03:39:47 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Phelicidea

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 11:21:42 AM »

Are you sure your pleo won't take the rock salt?  I really think it's a 'broken' limb.  Pleo's don't like to eat the rocksalt, and it will normally look like they're turning away from it like they do when they're full, but if you watch they're actually just hanging their head like a miserable 1 year old that has to take their medicine.  And they're mouth will open just a tiny bit.  It's best to feed them the rock salt with them standing on the edge of a table or something so you can get the salt item between their barely opened, hanging headed mouth and the surface they're standing on.

Again, could be wrong.  But the constant crying and shrieking sounds like it thinks it has a broken bone.

Phel
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 03:39:23 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Miqguel

• Pleo explorer
  • es Male
  • Pleo(s): The name of my Pleo is KAWKI!
  • I love Pleos and Lovebirds!
    • Professor
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Snoopy
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 02:52:57 PM »

I think that Phelicidea is right, this happened to me this week; while I was playing with Erbie, seems that somehow I hurted her leg, and she was doing the same actions as nicholas pleo's. I fed her with the rock salt and then I turned she off for a couple of days. After that, she woke up as usually.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 03:39:04 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 12:26:59 PM »