Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo died  (Read 5376 times)

dwkmi

• Following the footsteps
Pleo died
« on: May 16, 2009, 09:27:20 PM »

My grandson's Pleo has died. Have correctly placed the battery in the charger and left it for a full 4 hours. Check with voltmeter and it shows 8.08 from positive and first negative terminals, 8.16 from positive to second negative terminal.  Plug into computer to try an update and computer doesn't recognize that anything is plugged in - cannot find Pleo.

Tried the nerve pinch....thumb between eyes, finger under chin, press and hold reset button for 15 seconds. 

Any advice on other diagnostics to bring him back to life?

Thanks,
Dave

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: Pleo died
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 09:34:24 PM »

Try using the SD card downgrade to LifeOS1.0 posted in the Pleo Software board.  This completely resets the software . . .   assuming it's a software problem . . .

dwkmi

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 09:56:51 PM »

Thanks. I tried that also.  No movement, no sounds.

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 10:15:02 PM »

UH oh!   Sounds like it may not be a software problem . . .    The battery sounds good . . .    You can't use the normal diagnostic tool Dino-MITE if the PC does not recognize pleo using the USB port . . .   We're running out of options here . . .

How long have you had the pleo, and where did you get it?

dwkmi

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 10:57:23 AM »

Purchased on 11/2/08 for Christmas present for the grandsons.  I guess he died within a week or two after Christmas....  he went into the sleep pose, and never woke up after recharging the battery.   My daughter just brought him to me yesterday to see if I could get him going. That's when I first found out about Ugobe shutting down. 
I don't know what I am more upset over, her not trying to get him fixed sooner, or Ugobe going extinct. I suppose it is only because both happened that we are stuck with a Pleo frozen in time.

Update: Just ordered a brand new Pleo. Thankfully there are still retailers that have some.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 11:33:20 AM by dwkmi »

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 11:47:04 AM »

Yep.  Back in January you might have been able to get him fixed or replaced.  Not sure what else to suggest without actually messing with the hardware . . .  Hopefully someone else will have a suggestion.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 05:17:35 PM »

Oh goodness, that long ago and she hasn't tried to get him fixed :o She should have return it immediately :o

I do have a suggestion for getting your computer to recognize Pleo though, (my laptop doesn't like Pleo either :P) Try installing the 1.1OS USB updater onto your computer (this includes a USB installer package to recognize Pleo) then plug your Pleo into a different port, let the updater run through. However if there is no life in Pleo at all then the computer cannot recognize it.

If you can get Pleo recognized then you can check with dinomite for problems.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 05:47:07 PM »

We pleo parents need to find someone who is an electronic tech who can learn to repair Pleos. If  and when a pleo totally stops and we know for sure it isn't the programming or battery/charger problems we might be able to donate a "dead pleo" to someone that might be able to learn to fix them for us providing they can get parts. We know that necks have been fixed by someone out there. Where are you ???

dwkmi

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 07:51:46 PM »

I do have a suggestion for getting your computer to recognize Pleo though, (my laptop doesn't like Pleo either :P) Try installing the 1.1OS USB updater onto your computer (this includes a USB installer package to recognize Pleo) then plug your Pleo into a different port, let the updater run through. However if there is no life in Pleo at all then the computer cannot recognize it.

Thanks, but already did that.

Burberry016

• Camarasaur extraordinaire
  • Male
  • Another Pleo with a "Bling" (or "Pling" :) )
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 07:52:17 PM »

I do not think this is likely, because Pleo is a newborn, and won't die until he is an adult- which will never happen.  It must be that there is something wrong with his sensory.
"It is my buisness to know things.  Perhaps I have trained myself to see what others overlook.  If not, why should you come to consult me?"
~Sherlock Holmes
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal