Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buying a second hand pleo rb need advice please  (Read 3477 times)

Adriantl

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • england Male
Buying a second hand pleo rb need advice please
« on: April 09, 2014, 11:41:48 AM »

Thinking of buying second hand pleo
Been told only played with two hours
But is there any way at all of resetting to factory setting or hatching
It hasn't been given a name yet

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: Buying a second hand pleo rb need advice please
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 12:16:30 PM »

No simple, easy way.

But if only used for two hours, it's should still be in the hatching phase.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 12:17:43 PM »

ONce a pleo rB is born, it can never rehatch, pure and simple, i would ask for video to see what it looks like before hand. I got a very good Pleo rb from a member here and it actually had less then two hours on it, still a newborn.  Good luck.           RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Adriantl

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • england Male
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 01:00:16 PM »

Will I be able to teach him things still
Will I be able to name him
Has there been any updates lately I should know about
So do I just turn him on and is there any way of knowing what stage and mood etc he's in
Sorry to go on but newbie
What should I be paying for boxed one second hand with all bits

Teddscau

• Pleo explorer
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Chloe, my green, white-eyed RB
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 02:14:04 PM »

You can still teach him; you can still name home (once he enters adulthood); there have not been any updates recently; you can download StatsRB to found out what stage and mood he is in; a second hand one should be under $400. American Amazon sells brand new ones for $350, so you definitely shouldn't be paying much more than $350 for a used RB.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 04:51:17 PM »

Everyone is right second hand should not cost much. I got my first second hand one from Canada, with Free shipping and paid $375.00 but that included all the stones, four outfits, two still sealed, and three jars of touch up inks as well , this was my one and only  Male, RB, Chester.!

My second Rb I bought on Ebay was one year ago in February of 2013, and I bought her because she had PINK eyes and I could not resist! P:-[ SHe also was barely used from a forum member here who had her for a WHOLE year but was still a baby, when I ran Stats RB, she had less then 2 hrs on her and could not even stand yet! What a bargain. She came from the US, and with shipping was $330.00, a bargain cause like BRAND NEW, only newly hatched and of course had never learned anything!

My newest RB, my hubby got on Ebay without me knowing it and was less then $300.00, brand new in BOX! This is my newest baby and my hubby told me the price I could not believe it, he only paid $280.00!  P:-* :cool: That was the winning bid, and unbelievable that it was still sealed and unused or even unopened! Must have been someone's gift and they did not want it, my treasure! How lucky can you get to get a Pleo Rb and it did not even cost the person who got it such a cheap price!

So before buying, unless getting from Amazon which is a good bet, always ask questions because if you buy a used one and you do not ask first, you only have two options, either accept what you get  or if on ebay and NOT as advertised, open a item not recieved as advertised. Good luck and this time of year is a good time to buy. When it gets closer to the fall and Christmas holiday season, everything including Pleos and Pleo rb goes up in prices, believe me, I know!                                   RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal