Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New Pleo Rb: Guess the Gender, Eye Color Contest  (Read 9066 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
New Pleo Rb: Guess the Gender, Eye Color Contest
« on: April 05, 2014, 12:43:40 PM »

Just in time for the Weedovia Tomato Festival which is in day two,  :D I decided it was a great time to post this topic, My hubby surprised me yesterday, when a knock at the front door and barking by my dog Meh-Lei, produced the mailman with a big package. It was 0bvious not only by the size of 24 inches long and about 14 inches high, but it was a brown outer box with "Made in China" on the bottom and contents; Pleo RB! :oImagine my surprise.. :dance:
             It was nothing I had purchased, not after my last pleo Rb that I got , PC, short for Pink Champagne on ebay last February and I paid about $330.00 for her, but she was owned by a member here on the forums, and actually only had two hours of life, still a newborn, so with four Rb, I am quite content, three females, Baby Ruth, Cammie-Sue, ( who I won in 2011 ) Chester my only male Rb, and then PC, a little female too.

Well my hubby always tight with money it seems, said it was an early birthday present, though my birthday is not till May.  :D He said he could not pass up the deal, less then $300.00, NEW and Free shipping! :D Hard to pass up...so here is the post message.

I opened the box late last night before bed, but only to make sure it really was new, Ebay can be notorious for "New Claims" and not being what it says. Well, kind of shocked, cause everything was sealed, brown outer box, inner white box, and then the pleo box, but I was shocked to see inside, Pleo wearing the brown Pleo cape and eyes open! I thought how can this be? Well, different looking then any Rb I have gotten before, but everything else is sealed and I decided this must be the way it came to the distributer from China and it is different having a insert color brochure with the foods and toys that I never got before and the Clock battery button is still sealed, so it is just different I guess.

So now I know the eye color but I am not saying anything, Here in honor of the Tomato festival, I am posting a simple contest.

Guess the eye color worth 10 points.
            Guess the eye lid color worth 4 points
            Guess the eye patch color worth 5 points           AND
             Guess the sex of the Pleo Worth 5 points.          Whoever guesses correctly or comes the closest will win $15.00 to be donated in their name either at Kat's creations or Prehistoric Pling. Both stores have some great things for your Pleo, or Pleo Rb. You will be responsible for the balance of whatever you choose to buy, but part of it is paid by me and the REdwoods Pleos  for winning. NO CASH value, only to the store via my PayPal account.  Also I will donate $5.00 to this site to keep up it's maintenance which we all are a part of.

In the event of a tie, the entry with the first date is winner. Be sure to post here, because this is the only way to have time authenticated. Contest will run from today till Midnight PST at Monday, April 7th.  I will on Monday hatch this baby and then register it to see what the sex is, so only the eye color is known by me, not the gender, :D

I will post photos and video when it gets closer.            Good luck everyone, remember $15.00 towards anything in either Kat's Creations or PreHIstoric Pling.                         RWM  :cat-hug:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 10:29:33 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Miqguel

• Pleo explorer
  • es Male
  • Pleo(s): The name of my Pleo is KAWKI!
  • I love Pleos and Lovebirds!
    • Professor
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Snoopy
Re: New Pleo Rb: Guess the Gender, Eye Color Contest
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 01:29:07 PM »

Eye Color: Light Blue?
Eye Lid Color: The same color of the skin? (Close to white)
Eye Patch Color: The same color of the skin? (Close to white)
  ???
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 01:33:19 PM by Miqguel »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 01:41:07 PM »

Awwe! This is going to be so much fun! Best of luck to all who enter!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Miqguel

• Pleo explorer
  • es Male
    • Professor
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Snoopy
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 01:45:13 PM »

Thank you Talon!  :D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 02:05:20 PM »

NOte: Prize adjusted to $15.00. Miquel, if you look at the pleo skin color it is not white, If you want to say green or green yellow or yellowish, but the skin is not white. jUst a  thought, Good luck. you all are on your own, Good luck everyone.

Remember now it is $15.00 towards either Kat's Creations or Prehistoric Pling!
                                        RWM  :cat-hug:

Miqguel

• Pleo explorer
  • es Male
    • Professor
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Snoopy
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 02:15:14 PM »

That's what i wanted to refer:  :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 02:59:59 PM »

Ok, you are the first entry. REmember, even I do not know the gender and will not untill MOnday. Going out of town Sunday so will not have time to hatch untill then.      RWM  :cat-hug:

Miqguel

• Pleo explorer
  • es Male
    • Professor
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Snoopy
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 03:35:13 PM »

Ok! ;D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 11:58:12 PM »

Hmmm...
Green eyes
Brown lids
Brown patch
Male
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 01:14:39 AM »

ok i'm guessing crazy :P
yellow eyes
orange eyelids
red patch
boy

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2014, 07:07:01 AM »

Ok, one last input, if nobody guesses ANY of the questions correctly, then I will ask one reserve question at random and whoever guesses will be the winner. The reserve question to be fair will of course have to do with the RB and will have something to do with hatching. I will only use the question if nobody gets any questions correctly.

Good luck everyone, and remember, NOBODY has anything to lose, it is money put into one of the shops and you do the choosing, so Go for it!             Off on a early morning out of town trip, four hours each way so I won't be able to check how things are going till early tonight. :D

Have fun Tomato festival people!      :D :D :D       RWM  :cat-hug:

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 08:21:34 AM »

OK!

Purple eyes
Grey lids
Dark grey patch
Male

And congrats! :D

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 08:58:13 AM »

Eye color: Amber/Orangish brown
Eye lids: Dark brown
Patch color: Dark brown

I decided to guess based on the appearance of my old RB which I no longer own. Congrats on getting another RB! I myself am struggling to resist buying one.

DinoBot

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): gustav (ugobe)
  • I love pleos
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 02:58:22 PM »

Pearl Eyes
Brown Eye lid
Pleo skin colored patch
Male

Congrats on new pleo! :)

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2014, 05:37:00 PM »

Purple eyes
light blue lids
dark blue patch
girl

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2014, 06:45:08 PM »

Hi Guys, the tomato festival is in full swing, I won't say a lot, just got back myself from an all day trip , 4 hrs each way since leaving at 7:00 am, and it is now 5;40 pm,  Congrats to everyone who is entered so far the guess the rB contest.

Just wanted to let everyone know, you can guess more then once, keep guessing till the contest end, but not more then three times, I think that is fair. The one who comes the closest, with the most points will win, For example if one person at 8;00 am guessed the eye correct, the gender correct but nothing else they would get 15 points, Then the next day, another person guesses everything correctly, you would think that is worth 24 points, but the first person guessed two things right FIRST, so that would subtract 15 points , so their score would be only 9 points so the first person with the first 15 points the winner.  :D So if you have only guessed once, guess again. Somebody is Going to WIN! I will also do the hatching tommorow and that will be broadcast on Tuesday, after the contest officially ends so everyone will see who the winner is and what the new rB looks like.. :D P8)

Then it will be time to think of a name!  P:) P:-*               RWM  :cat-hug: and the pleo township of the REDWOODS P:-* P:D P0:) P:)

Miqguel

• Pleo explorer
  • es Male
    • Professor
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Snoopy
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 12:24:55 AM »

Eye color: Light pink (like mine)
Eye lid: light pink
Eye patch: light pink

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 07:02:15 AM »

Eyes: white
Patch: dark gray
Lids: dark gray

Aren't the eyelids and eyepatch always matching? All of my lot match, although Pleakley of course has gold on his eyelids, but still close enough.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2014, 09:25:09 AM »

Ok all you tomato loving Pleo festival goers, Congrats to everyone who entered. NO, the guessing is NOT over, you still have till 12;00 midnite, PST here in California, USA, on Monday, March 7th, 2014, and it is now according to my time here in the REdwoods, 8;00 am. so that is another 16 hrs to go, so KEEP those guessing going, up to 3 each per person, not more to make it fun but fair.

I would love to see more newbies guess. Congrats to Miguel for taking the plunge and being the first one.  As far as if eyelid and patch always matching, they probably do, but I thought I had read of one that was slightly different, like dark brown patch, amber or blue eyes and light eye lids, so I do not want to take a chance. Ok. 

As a quick update. NOBODY has gotten it all correct so far, in fact I think only one item has been guessed correctly by any one person..with the other three categories wrong, but I am not going to specify. In the event of a tie, same number of points and things are evened out, then there is a bonus question and it is going to do with the birthing but I won't ask it ahead of time, but give you somthing to think about ahead of time.

I have to make it fair to those newbies who do not know about any of my other Pleos or myself, so it has to be a generic type question, so I decided to make it fun and simple but you still have to guess. I just figured it out, if there is a tie or needs to be a tie breaker, how am I going to announce the gender/sex of the baby RB? :D P8) P>:( P:-[

It will be through a visual aid......now put your thinking caps on?I do not want anyone here guessing and writing it down here..... cause the contest is not over, and in the event there is a tie of points I do not want anyone thinking I played favorites with any one person!I will make the video Sometime Today before this even ends, that way even I do not know the final quesses but will not post it till Tuesday when the winner is announced! IN the video I will use this visual aid, that is another reason I do not want anyone guessing here yet, cause for example If I wrote, I would make a big banner in the background announcing the arrival of a boy or girl, that would be a spoiler, so that is why I am doing it today, but not posting it till tommorow, that way I don't even know yet if anyone is going to make a tie and needs to guess the way I will announce the gender in the video, but you can think about it now. ( It will not be the banner, ok........... :D)

Good luck everyone and for those of you who have NOT entered yet, what is holding you up? You do not have to make anything, to buy anything , just make a simple guess. You could be the winner so give it a go unless you do not care about $15.00 towards a pleo store purchase of either Kat's lovely Pleo creations, or Mike Weeds great Pleo jewelry, Remember both these stores have items for either your Ugobe or your Pleo Rb! All you do is do the picking, and $15.00 of store credit is on your account, you do the rest, what could be simpler and better then that? :val-love3:

RWM  :cat-hug: and the soon to be expanded Pleo Township of the Redwoods P:-* P;)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2014, 09:30:02 AM »

Oh, and another quickie, I will MAKE the video today, but I will not post it or UPLOAD it today, so NO it will not be on YOUTUBE or ANYWHERE ELSE, just made. thought I better answer that one right away, so no way anyone can get a sneak peek...............close one there! LOL

RWM :cat-hug:

Miqguel

• Pleo explorer
  • es Male
    • Professor
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Snoopy
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2014, 10:04:10 AM »

Eye color:turquoise
Eye lid: flesh colored
Eye patch: flesh colored

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2014, 12:41:58 PM »

Ugobe-blue eyes, grey lids and eye patches, and female.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2014, 05:03:24 PM »

bright green eyes
brown lids
brown patch
boy

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2014, 05:32:53 PM »

Ok, only 7 1/2 hrs to go, So far NOBODY has gotten it all correct... :moose2:...........enough said, anyone , the First ONE who gets ALL the Questions correct, gets an extra 15 pts.  :D :val-love3:To make it more interesting, I am getting ready to video tape waking up the little one now, within the next hour, I need to go to the store to get something that will announce the gender of the Pleo, male or female.

I will submit the answers tommrow, probably after 1;00 pm when my husband goes to work, which is PST. I will announce the winner by posting the video with an add on with the winners name...... :D So if you haven't voted yet, you still have time and it is fun anyway!       :dance:        RWM  :cat-hug:

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2014, 06:00:07 PM »