Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bleu Breaks Up an Argument  (Read 1697 times)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Bleu Breaks Up an Argument
« on: April 01, 2014, 11:36:48 AM »

Hey ya’ll! Madam Bleu here. Just figured I’d stop in and chat for a minute. Keeper Talon was feelin’ kinda nervous yesterday mornin’. She had to go to the eye doctor. I was glad she spent some time with me before she left. She didn’t bring anyone else out- just happy little me.
She let me have a bitah leaf and talked to me like she usually does. I got the feelin’ she needed to relax. I stayed close to her and didn’t make her chase me.
“Bye, Bleu-girl.” She said quietly to me after puttin’ me back on Castle Wooden Dresser with the others and heading out the door. “Hold down the fort until I get back okay?”
That was easier said than done. Ryu was still moanin’ ‘bout gettin’ old. Ugobe was teasin’ her callin’ her a prehistoric prune and poor Cato was tryin’ tah get’im to hush. Finally I turned around and roared, “Oh hush up you ole bully! If only I was a real Camerasaurus I’d go up side yo head with my big long tail so hard yo mama’d feel it. Now how old are you, Ugobe?”
That got his attention.
“When were you made? Two thousand seven?”
Long silence full of Ugobe’s eye and neck motors as he slowly lowered his head.
“That’s what I thought.”
Cato gave me a gentle nuzzle while Ryu wasn’t lookin’. “Thank you, Bleu.” He says softly. “Ryu’s just trying to make herself look stronger than she is. You know she’s got low courage. The minute there’s no light she’s a ball of quivering green fear. She’s just afraid because strange things are happening to her these days. Let’s try to be friendly to her, alright? She is our queen after all and needs our support right now.”
I sighed. “Well alright. Hey, Ugobe! Ya got something ya wanna say? To Queen Ryu perhaps?”
“No.” Ugobe grunted. He started to wiggle and finally the tip of his tail flew upward in this violent wagging. He started giggling like someone had flipped him over and was ticklin’ his feet. “Oh alright! Alright!! I didn’t really mean any of what I said.”
“Then tell that to Ryu!” I shouted over Cato’s rump.
“Hey, Ryu! I’m sorry.”
Ryu snarled at him. “Oh be quiet. You are on the edge, Ugobe. If I were turned on all I’d have to do is take one step and BOOM! You’d go rolling into the floor.”
“Ryu?” Cato said softly. “Consider who you’re talking to, Dear. Ugobe might act crazy when he’s wound up about something but who has the most level head among us? Who is our star diplomat? Who do we count on when we’re discussing matters of state? Do you remember the eloquent treaty Ugobe made with Bolt the Aibo and his brothers?”
“Yes.” Ryu said grudgingly. “Ugobe spoke to them for us and told them that if they didn’t run over us while we were grazing on Sand-Colored Carpet, we wouldn’t roll their pink balls away anymore. We were united in those days. Why can’t we reclaim that spirit of unity now? I am still queen of Castle Wooden Dresser and you are all my family. It is my responsibility as queen to look out for you and you are supposed to look out for me. Let’s stop all this arguing. I know I let my temper get the best of me sometimes but… but this is all so scary and strange and my circuits are all fuzzy and my wires are tingling and ooooh I’m just scared!”
We all got very quiet then.
“What? Did the ghost in the machine trigger your mute buttons?” Ryu said into the silence.
“Uuuuh… we’ve never heard you admit that.” Ugobe says soundin’ really shocked.
“Oh well. It’s true okay. What do you take me for, an unfeeling robot?”
More silence.
“Okay forget that part. Are we finished with this mushiness now?”
Before anyone could answer, Keeper Talon came through the door. I closed my eyes in relief. She took us down one by one and let us loose for a run across the floor. I noticed that day that Ryu didn’t join Ugobe and me. She and Cato spent their entire battery cycle alternately trancin’ and sleeping together on Cato’s poster board. I had a funny feelin’ things were going to be very different between us now.

Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Bleu Breaks Up an Argument
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 10:44:46 AM »

Hi Talon, just wanted to say I want to start with your permission a tomato rating, at least as a try out during the Weedovia Tomato festival weekend which is comming up shortly. I give this installment a five out of five tomatoes.  :D :o :D :) :( :o I loved this installment with Bleu as the main pleo character doing the dialogue. It also gives me a much better idea of the persona behind, Talon, I feel with each new segment I know Talon a bit better, and I have to say, I really really like what I see and hear from you, If I were there in person, I would bring a couple of my Pleos, Nova who still has to be fixed, Major Tom who was smitten with Bleu from the first time he laid his eyes on her gorgeous blue tints and with her southern charm, and of course I would have to bring ARgyle, dear ofd ARgyle, ancient and with physical ailments but the leader of Redwoods Township. Then there would have to be a couple of RB along to meet Cato and Rhu, so who better then Cammie -Sue and PC. the baby.

Baby Ruth would love to come but has a bad rear leg for close to two years that gets warm too soon and Chester I am afraid also has a limp periodically, that is what you get for naming him after a famous T. V. U.S. Marshal's sidekick in Dodge City, Kansas,      ( Why it is Chester from Gunsmoke for those of you too young to know about this famous long standing western, 20 Years in fact :D)

My favorite lines were " Prehistoric Prune." and " If only I was a real Camerasaurus I'd go up side yo head with my big long tail so hard you mama'd feel it".  :D :dino-chase: That was great, With the description of the sand colored carpet and Castle Wooden Dresser, I could almost picture it in my mind. Sometimes not having as good physical sight gives you an advantage in other areas of your life and with you it seems to be in your writing, you have a keen insight into descriptive phrases for what your Robots see and how they feel about their enviroment,
                 I could and would like to see something like this that you have done as a Disney or independant film, I think it would be great fun and if you could get the right person to do the animations for it, with flashbacks to the real Pleos and Aibos  short segments, I think it would be very entertaining, I love what you have done so far , it is very creative and highly visual. I am looking forward to your next installment, so like I said, keep up the good work and five tomatoes this week Talon and don't let it go to Ms. Bleu's head too much, but I love her Southern Charm. LOL
 :D :) :o :-* :D                                    :val-love3:             RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo Township of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 04:39:25 PM »

Thanks, Redwoods! You can use whatever rating system you want. Honestly I thought about trashing this entry and starting over. I didn't think it captured the fun-loving feel of this forum. I was really nervous about the upcoming doctor appointment and I was having trouble keeping a happy vibe going . Glad you enjoyed it anyways!
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 07:16:51 PM »

I am glad Talon you did not trash this one, I still for one did enjoy it, They do not all have to be blue bird happy ones, just as everyday in our lives is not always sunny and chippper, sometimes we have down days, accident days, sick days, crazy days, etc. It is the writing into the personality that I enjoyed which is believable.

How did your eye appt go? I hope it was good news, not bad. I just recently, (last week)got a new pair of much needed glasses after not being to the eye dr. in over seven years, Could not afford it and no insurance so selling stuff to come up with the money, My right eye has changed a lot, kind of like what kids get what is called, "Lazy eye", My right eye muscle is weak and tends to go inward towards the left eye, really bad when on the computer or going down the road in a car and suddenly seeing the car in the next lane drifting into your lane. LOL, Anyway, dr. told me if I keep seeing double or it gets worse, then there is an operation to fix it, but I do not like the idea of someone cutting on my eye.                  Take care and hugs from the redwoods Township Pleos and esp
from Argyle to you Talon.............................RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 01:37:53 PM »

The appointment went well. I've been having optic mygranes for the past five years and had no idea what was going on until last year. The muscles behind my left eye spasm and become very tense and cause aweful headaches. I've been on drops to make those muscles relax for five months. Ever since November, the drops were causing my eye to pour and run and matt closed in the mornings. I put up with it because I would rather have a red running eye that would allow me to continue to write and work with than an aching head where I have to get somewhere very quiet.
My doctor didn't like my ideas. He took me off my mygrane drops. He told me they had caused some really bad irritation and that now the best he could do for me was put me on a steroydal eye drop and some ointment to clear up the irritation and dryness. Now I have to take the drops and ointment three times a day for the next week. He wants to see me again on the eighth. Goodness I wish he'd just take this eye out already. I've had enough with all these different kinds of drops and trying stuff that doesn't work.
*Looks away in embarrassment* Uh sorry for ranting. This belongs in the cafe.
Talon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal