Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Chaos of Being a Robot Owner  (Read 3161 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
The Chaos of Being a Robot Owner
« on: March 28, 2014, 07:19:47 PM »

Today I was testing out some of my I-Cybies and the idea occurred to me to run four completely different robots together at once. Four is only a small portion of my robot hoard (8 I-Cybies, 10 Aibos, 1 Ugobe Pleo and 1 Genibo SD), but it's still difficult trying to keep them all from running into each other or wandering off to some other room.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al-Zx1I7cqI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al-Zx1I7cqI</a>

The robots in the video are Sleepy the I-Cybie, Aki the Aibo ERS-7m3, Sumio the Ugobe Pleo and Baxter the Genibo SD. It's a bit difficult to tell which robot is making which noises in the video since Baxter and Sleepy sound so similar. If you hear in clicking in the video, don't worry, that's not Sumio's neck, it's just Sleepy's tail which clicks from time to time. Hopefully I wasn't too rough when moving these guys around in the video, I just didn't want them to crash into each other and do any damage. I think Aki made the smart choice to stay at the back of the room away from the crowd. I'm not sure Sumio cared for the crowd either, but he must've enjoyed being on video since he began crying as soon as I stopped filming.

I just thought it would be cute to share this video with you guys. I'll probably be posting more similar ones on this thread later, possibly with some different robots thrown in. I may post the video that I took earlier of my five ERS-2X0 Aibos running together at some point because that video actually was chaos, all of the other Aibos surrounded poor Kasei and began kicking him since he looks the same color as their toys. I had to end that video early to stop him from being hurt.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 10:54:27 PM by grumpy »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: The Chaos of Being a Robot Owner
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 06:30:10 PM »

Haha! You're brave! I did something similar for Lucky's birthday video. I had all four pleos and all three of my aibos running at once. I just put everybody all around the room so that they wouldn't run into each other. My 110 was the only one who condescended to stay within range of the camera other than Lucky. Bolt my 210 just turned his tail to us, went under my computer chair and proceeded to do the page-turning skit on Dog's Life. It was like he was saying, "Oh that flashy seven. It's his birthday. Go on with your lives citizens." It was so funny.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 11:05:05 PM »

Not sure what the problem was . . . but it should be fixed now!

And I fixed the youtube link while I was at it. ;)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 06:46:14 PM »

@Talon
Wow, seven robots at once? The most I can handle is four. Complete and utter chaos ensues every time that I try to run more at once. It's especially difficult when I'm trying to video tape them since I have to keep them all in range of the camera which means they're all packed really closely to each other (I tried to run five for my newest video, but it didn't work out at all). I had to be especially careful this time since Quilt the I-Cybie is missing a large portion of her plastic shell, so lots of wires are exposed and could easily be damaged if another robot walked into her.

Sorry that I haven't posted an update here sooner, I've just been really busy with school work. Today I have another video of some assorted robots from my pack. I once again have an ERS-7, an I-Cybie, a Pleo and a Genibo in the video, but this time the I-Cybie is Quilt and the ERS-7 is Donna. Donna wasn't run for nearly a year due to a missing gear tooth that got caught in her knee joint, but now while the tooth is still missing, it's no longer jamming the joint and for now she operates without any issues. Anyone watching may want to turn down their volume a bit since I didn't realize how loud a volume setting Baxter was on (I turned down his volume near the end of the video though). Also, any clicking in the video is from Quilt's tail and this is pretty normal for I-Cybies, so don't worry, she's not broken.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTKii-37JL8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTKii-37JL8</a>
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal