Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Pleo RB comes with unpainted nails?  (Read 2800 times)

Miqguel

• Pleo explorer
  • es Male
  • Pleo(s): The name of my Pleo is KAWKI!
  • I love Pleos and Lovebirds!
    • Professor
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Snoopy
Why Pleo RB comes with unpainted nails?
« on: March 23, 2014, 07:26:02 AM »

I don't understand, why the body is painted, but the nails not? Is there a simple way to paint the nails avoiding the peeling when pleo scratches its chin? Do you know the paint used to paint pleo? I've seen a post where people used latex paint and acrylic inks, but is there someone that knows the specific paint used on it? Ok, ok, the nails come with a bit of grey colour, but i think that this is unacceptable for its price :(
Thank You!  :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 07:33:24 AM by Miqguel »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Why Pleo RB comes with unpainted nails?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 05:22:14 PM »

As every pleo rb is different some come with more paint on their nails than others.  I have three pleo rb and one has very dark grey nails , one has almost no grey on the nails at all and the other one is somewhere in between.  It is a part of what makes each one unique. 
No one knows what the exact paint is that Innvo use when making pleo rb's and they won't tell.  So many of us have experimented here on the forums and the latex paint/acrylic paint or ink mix is the best we have come up with so far.  There is a pleo rb touch up paint kit you can buy on ebay (or you could in the past) But this only contains a few very small bottles of paint and there is no way of knowing if this is actually the same paint Innvo use.  It also doesn't come with the grey colour used for the feet.  I think it has a green, yellow, blue and either purple or pink. 

Anyway hope that helps.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 11:50:17 PM »

The toes aren't really stretchy, so for durability I'd just used acrylic ink, a small pot of that will give you toe touch ups for life :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Miqguel

• Pleo explorer
  • es Male
  • Pleo(s): The name of my Pleo is KAWKI!
  • I love Pleos and Lovebirds!
    • Professor
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Snoopy
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 07:22:47 AM »

Thank you all!! Kat, i've seen the kit of pleo paint retouching, but it is sold. Anyway, im not sure if i want to finally paint the nails with acrylic inks like inmemoryofromeo said.  ^-^ But i will possibly try it  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal