Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo RB download for resetting operating system or ?  (Read 5173 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Pleo RB download for resetting operating system or ?
« on: March 04, 2014, 04:54:05 AM »

I probably have the wrong term, and most likely because it is 3;30 am and I was in the middle of a dream till woken up by one hungry cat.. :dino-chase: :cat-hug: when I decided after giving some morsels ( to Dinta the cat... :cat-hug:) that I would check out the forum, I also had been looking at the Pleoworld site, and it reminded me to look here............ P:D

I noticed that IMR had put up a new Pleo RB update download that is NOT an update for Pleo rB, but it is for, ( If I understand correctly) to put pleo RB back to operating state, the RESET is what I think the term was...........It also said, IN RED lettering, Please use with caution and with advice or forum members as it can cause IRREVERSIBLE damage to your Pleo RB, (NOT for the UGOBE) Ok, I am not great with any of this download stuff, other then a few skits I have had success with, I fail at the simplest stuff that Mlbelanger, KAT, Crewella or IMR have provided in the past, only after a dozen tries and fresh air and two or three power drinks or Coffee do I seem to get it.. ??? so here is my BIG question

Some of you may remember last year the trouble I had with Cammie-Sue, the Pleo Rb, who after a Stats RB or Probe RB, can not remember which one, that she started having problems with even turning on, went from a red button to no green button to no turning on at all. After about two weeks and the thought she would not start up ever again, I contacted Pleoworld who was no help, only having me use the download for either Female RB or Male Rb, well of course I used the female RB, but nothing changed. At this point I remembered a great member here who I had recently talked to who was able to help me.   This person had me relay everything I had done and had me redo the installing of the female RB all over again from the start, and on a micro SD card. It worked!

Cammie -Sue is alive again ;D :bliss: :bliss: :pray: Only one small problem.......................................... :moose2: Cammie -Sue will NOT operate without the SD card in her belly at all times! I do not know why, but I was happy to just leave it there and let her live. I do not know if under long term, over a year now or close to it, if this can have any long term consequences or if the SD card at some point would corrupt or "burn out", probably not, but I do wonder about things like this I do not know. Now here is the question I have for IMR or anyone else qualified to answer.......................?

Would or Could this new RESET download help Cammie Sue work WITHOUT THE SD CARD IN HER?  I would never attempt this on my own and I do not want to ruin her, but it would be nice to have her work normally again and Pleoworld had no helpful suggestion other then to ship her to them to have a look, and mind you all I did was run Probe or Stats RB on her normally and with no problems on Baby Ruth or Chester, and I had just gotten PC, or Pink Champagne.  Please let me know what you think.

I am serious and would like suggestions as this is what this download is for or not? Thanks for any input..............Cammie Sue would love to work like she used to.                              RWM  :cat-hug:

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo RB download for resetting operating system or ?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 06:38:24 AM »

I would be very reluctant to try this on her.  This download is for those people who have accidentally upgraded their pleo rb with ugobe pleo updates and thus have killed their pleo rb.  My understanding is that this will reset the base files that have either been wiped or corrupted by the ugobe update, allowing you to then update with the male or female update to get the pleo rb back up and going again.

I would say if she is working then I would leave her be.  You could well risk taking her back to the non working state she was in before.  Just my feelings on the matter but maybe someone with a little more programming know how will have another opinion :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 11:42:55 AM »

Must admit, I agree with Kat.  As you're not sure what went wrong, in your place I'd stick with Cammie-Sue working as she is, even if it's not perfect.  :moose:

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 12:53:27 AM »

I think you are both right and even though Cammie Sue is not Perfect, she does work as long as the SD card is in place. Perhaps she is the only RB with a continual SD card in her belly............ :D It was PleoPet who told me what to do and for some reason the original operating system would not load unless the SD card stays in place.. As soon as I take it out, she is dead, no sound, movement or anything so we both decided to leave her the way she is, at least she is working this way..It doesn't seem to have slowed her down any either.

Thanks for your input, I will leave her for now as is. Perhaps someday there will be another solution.           RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal