Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing CAT, Dinta, Please keep your fingers crossed............  (Read 4604 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace

My luck this past year and a half literally sucks,  :( I can't think of any other words to describe my"Luck", and the loss of live beings, animals is the worst. I know this is not Pleo talk, but this is what CAfe is for. My big boy, Dinta  :cat:who won a spot for October on the Frisky Felines Calendar, ( Which I just got last week....) has gone missing. :o :( He is primarily a inside cat but has access to the back yard. He is also the cat on a special Chicken only diet because of severe food allergy...

He went missing sometime last night after I went to bed  :((11:00 pm.) and this morning when my husband went out for a cup of coffee, to bring back to me.It is very out of character for Dinta to leave the yard, as he is a big baby and afraid of everything. I have searched high and low all day and just went to Staples and made lost and found fliers using his color photo from the calendar. I allways fear the worst and we live on a busy street, but he is terrified of traffic and would not even go towards the street. I can only think he got out perhaps by accident without my hubby seeing him around 7;00 this morning and is hiding in a neighbors yard, bushes, so afraid, but is not like him to go out that fast and of course my hubby swears he did not go past him,

If he got past me late last night while feeding my six strays, I did not see him either and he has never tried to go out the front door. My hubby will crawl under the house with a flashlight when he gets home,( he works till 10;00 pm.) and unless Dinta is hurt under the house, I can't imagine him under there, by now if not injured he would have come into the house, as he must be starving by now, he eats at least every two hours while awake, and that is not imagined, he eats like a horse.. :o I even looked in our large water barrel down in our basement afraid he may have gone down there after me last night and fallen into the water barrel and drowned.....I started taking photos with my flash camera cause my flash light did not seem strong enough and then I saw a frightening image of a white item ( Dinta is white with orange) lying flat........Of course when I went back and looked at the photos I took of the water in the barrel nothing was there...........I was crying when I saw that image, The only way I could get any piece of mind was to get a broom and drag it on the bottom of the barrel seeing nothing was on the bottom.........

I know cats hide and when lost can be petrified and hiding even though perhaps one house away. I just don't think I can handle losing another fur baby, I have lost three cats already in slightly over one year, and two turtles to predator Ravens. I don't mind my own personal injuries or surgeries of which I have had my fair share this past year, but I don't want any more death............Please if you care for animals at all, keep your fingers crossed that my Dinta boy shows up shortly and is ok, There is nothing more important in this whole world, next to my children and grandchildren, except for my fur babies: my eight cats and my dog.                                 

Thank you for listening.               RWM  :cat-hug:

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Missing CAT, Dinta, Please keep your fingers crossed............
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 08:57:27 AM »

I'm sorry to hear about your cat, Redwoods. I hope he will return soon. It doesn't help that cats are such secretive creatures. My cousin's husband has a nineteen year-old cat and he has lately decided that my closet is a safe place to hibernate during the day. That's fine with me. He's not hurting anything but at night things get interesting. I like to sleep with my door closed and he doesn't like being awakened and shoed out. He is so quiet I often don't know he's in there and I have accidently shut him in a few times and awakened at odd hours to him scratching to get out. Anyway I hope your cat is okay and that he will come back soon.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Neytiri

• Following the footsteps
  • Female
  • *tail swish*
    • Learn Na'vi
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 12:12:52 PM »

I hope your cat comes home soon, or you find him. Try to keep positive thoughts as worrying won't help the situation. It's good that you've expressed your feelings here; it's never good to bottle them up. Make sure Dinta has access to the house, just in case he decides to come home on his own. Also, try calling him or making the sounds of his food being opened, like tapping a tin of his food with a fork. If he associates that sound with food, it might encourage him to come home. :)

Eywa ngahu. :cat-hug:

-- Neytiri
Ke tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 02:58:54 AM »

Sorry to hear he has gone missing RWM, hope he turns up soon safe and sound.

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 10:04:07 PM »

Hopefully, Dinta is close by and will come home safe and sound.

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 09:21:19 PM »

Any news on Dinta RWM?
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 12:51:09 PM »

Good News, Dinta my missing boy, is back and boy talk about hungry! ;D :cat: :cat-hug: He was gone for almost four days and the hunger got to him, he is used to eating every couple of hours. From everything I read, most missing or what is called, "displaced" cats are no further then five houses away unless taken. What it was is that he got outside, I am sure either over the chicken wire part of our fence that a neighbor bent down cause part of it was "touching" her property fence and that is how he got over, or more likely, when my hubby went out early to get coffee, he escaped without my hubby seeing, and he was located only about 200 feet from our house.

He was across the street and hiding in the bushes. It is a dark wooden house surrounded by bushes and a tall fence and is a cat friendly house with at least three feral or semi feral cats staying in the back yard, and the two young men that live there are gone most of the day at their business, ( a Music store) and they also have a orange cat, male who is very friendly but is locked up while they are gone inside. Once Dinta got across the street, he was in unfamiliar territory and outside his "comfort" zone and was petrified. Even though he could hear me calling his name, and see me walking up and down the neighborhood, he was afraid, I saw him sitting on the fence about Ten O"clock P.M. and he looked at one point that he would jump down. My hubby just pulled up in the driveway and I told him I saw Dinta. When Dinta saw my hubby though he got scared and jumped down into the yard. ( Women in general have softer more gentle voices and my hubby sent Dinta flying into the bushes somewhere looking for a place to hide.

I Slept on the couch and with the chain on the front door partly open so if he came to the front door I would hear him crying to get in or the dog getting my attention. I went back out with chicken at midnight to almost 12:20 a.m but no Dinta but the smell of fresh chicken got another cat, casey a black male to come out and I gave it to him, AT last at 1;30 am, I heard a meow at the back door ,and there was a very hungry Dinta, who was glad to be home, All the cats sniffed him for at least twenty minutes and his best buddy, JOn -e-HU, gave him a scolding and then a bath. He ate like he was starving and I am sure he was. I was so glad to have him home, once I saw him at least I knew he was alive and the whole time he was very close to home and too paralyzed with fear to come home on his own till he saw that I saw him,

My next trick was to set a humane trap in the yard with the boy's permission and catch Dinta but it is very likely I would have caught one of the other three cats that frequent the yard as well. Thanks to everyone :) who read my worrying about my beloved Dinta and their well wishes and thoughts that he would come home, He did and everything is back to normal. OUr fence has been reinforced with more chicken wire and he is glad to be over his "adventure", I am sure he was scared and though exciting at first, hunger and fear took over. :o ???

Here is what Dinta looks like;
          thanks everyone for caring and listening! :bouquet1:  RWM  :cat-hug:

Nemesis

• Head of the herd
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Pluto the ugobe!
  • Chomp chomp chomp...
    • Daffy_Duck
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 03:41:11 PM »

Glad to hear he is home, he's beautiful :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 06:07:34 PM »

Oh awesome, Redwoods! I'm so glad to hear Dinta is back home! I'm glad he's okay aside from being a little hungry.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Margery

• Fossil savant
  • england Female
  • Pleo(s): Drem, Marsha
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 07:28:11 AM »

Great to have good news.  So pleased for you.  :)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 09:37:43 AM »

Thanks Everyone, It is so good to have my Dinta home. I can deal with broken bones, bad back, bad weather and other day to day stuff, but not the love of having my fur babies not here and wondering how they are. It is very VERY appreciated to have all of the care and love from all you wonderful friends. Hugs from Dinta,his fur Family  :cat: :arms: and myself.    RWM  :cat-hug:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal