Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Australia!  (Read 4536 times)

Nemesis

• Head of the herd
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Pluto the ugobe!
  • Chomp chomp chomp...
    • Daffy_Duck
Hello from Australia!
« on: January 19, 2014, 09:08:05 PM »

Hello everyone :)

I have yet to buy a pleo, but have been obsessed with dinosaurs since a young age and start my geology degree next year! I'm not loaded with money and pleos are a little on the expensive side, so fingers crossed! If anyone has any advice on where to get one slightly cheaper than 500 dollars I'd be grateful  :D I'm only in Australia for my gap year so he/she will be traveling back to the UK with me! Anyway nice to meet you all!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Hello from Australia!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 09:35:46 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forums. ARe you interested in a Pleo, Ugobe or a Pleo RB? I am not sure how much the import duty shipping would be for a Pleo Rb from USA, but they have some for sale right now for less then $350.00 on Ebay in USA, and of course there is PleoWorld as well, I live in the US, so I only buy from the US as the shipping would be too much for me and it would not make sense as I have so many Pleos already.(25 at last count... %)) Ugobes go for right under $200.00 at the most and I have heard they are expensive in the Australia Ebay market, but someone like Kat or IMR who also live in Austrailia could tell you the details better then me.

Good luck and have fun , your studies sound like fun!           RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Nemesis

• Head of the herd
  • gb Female
  • Chomp chomp chomp...
    • Daffy_Duck
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 12:14:58 AM »

I'm interested in a pleo rb! which I've found on accessoryjack for 500AU dollars which includes shipping. Yes I've looked at a few on the US ebay site that have import charges of around $116, but not seen any at 350 at the moment... Keeping my eyes peeled though! Made the decision today to get one, as I'm missing having pets out here (I have horses and dogs back home so having a pleo in an apartment that isn't animal friendly would be amazing!) can't wait for the fun to begin! Thanks for your help :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 12:35:17 AM »

Try Gimmedigi if they still have them, otherwise it will be cheaper to wait until you are back in the UK :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Nemesis

• Head of the herd
  • gb Female
  • Chomp chomp chomp...
    • Daffy_Duck
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 12:38:41 AM »

Thank you so much for all of your advice! But... I may have just bought a pleo rb  %) I have been thinking about it since the original pleo came out so it's a few years overdue! I am so so excited  :D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 09:17:56 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum! Sorry you're having so much trouble securing a pleo. Whenever you grab your four-legged robotic companion, we'll all be here to share in your happiness.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 03:39:16 PM »

I do hope you realize they are like Tim Tams, you can't have just one ;)

Nemesis

• Head of the herd
  • gb Female
  • Chomp chomp chomp...
    • Daffy_Duck
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 04:14:39 PM »

Thank you Talon, hoping to receive my first this week  %) ooh my, Tim tams are quite addictive... Better start saving again then  ;)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 09:07:29 AM »

Haha! IMR is right. Pleos are addictive little creatures. Just curious though. What are Tim Tams?
Talon
Talon

Nemesis

• Head of the herd
  • gb Female
  • Chomp chomp chomp...
    • Daffy_Duck
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 02:36:32 PM »

Haha I can imagine they are! Tim tams are like penguin bars - chocolate biscuit bars  ;)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 03:57:46 PM »

Tim tams are the yummiest chocolate biscuits you will ever eat!  They are two rectangular chocolate biscuits with chocolate creamy filling between them and then the whole thing is coated in chocolate.  ;D

Nemesis

• Head of the herd
  • gb Female
  • Chomp chomp chomp...
    • Daffy_Duck
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 04:03:20 PM »

That's a much better description from Kat! It's hard to describe such yumminess  :D trying to think of possible names for my pleo rb, which is green so not sure if it's a boy or a girl... I quite like Klaus for a boy. Any of you that watch vampire diaries will know where the name comes from  :P And maybe Fern for a girl? I think it depends on eye colour and personality really, but I'm trying to be prepared!

Krausz

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • au Male
  • Pleo(s): Thing one(U) ,thing two(U),Sleepy(U),Zooey(U),Lumpy (RB) Alphonze (in parts)
    • Professor
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Swedish_chef
    • Joe_Cool
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 06:31:27 AM »

Hello and welcome, hope your Pleo arrives soon...  let us know everything about it.... :dino-chase:

PS. They are truly addictive, six months ago I decided on getting the first and now I have three and one on the way. (All Ugobes)

Cheers..
Vestigia nulla retrorsum.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 08:02:29 AM »

Thanks for the Tim Tam description! They do sound delicious.
Those are fine RB names, Nemesis. I made the mistake of just blindly hoping my pleo was a boy and named her Ryu. It's a Japanese male name that means dragon. Well things started getting interesting when Ryu became ajuvinile. My niece kept making comments that he seemed very girly and flirtatious- blinking his eyes and doing beauty poses. Low and behold after looking up her DNA... aham. Everything got blown out of the water. *Sigh* Oh well. I love her anyway. She knows she is the boss of the herd and isn't afraid to show it.
Talon
Talon

Nemesis

• Head of the herd
  • gb Female
  • Chomp chomp chomp...
    • Daffy_Duck
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 03:52:02 AM »

Haha I'm feeling the addiction already! My pleo was delayed in dispatch so won't be receiving him/her until Tuesday due to the Australian bank holiday. But thankfully I just got a job out here! And while I've been waiting I've been looking at ugobes on ebay... It's a tricky business, staying away from the cute things  :dino-chase:

Oh no! What a dilemma, I'm trying not to guess which mine will be, makes it easier I think! I've now also been drawn to the names Alaric and Pearl... So not sure what he/she will end up being x)

~nemesis  :rofl:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:04:10 AM by Nemesis »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2014, 02:26:46 AM »

Ooh the torment :D So hard knowing they are so close!

Nemesis

• Head of the herd
  • gb Female
  • Chomp chomp chomp...
    • Daffy_Duck
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2014, 02:31:51 AM »

I know, it's so frustrating!  :mobile: I paid for express delivery which was guaranteed to be delivered in three days, but three days later it hadn't even been shipped! So I contacted accessoryjack and they said they were waiting for stock to be delivered? Which is beyond me, as they said in stock on their website. Anyway to cut a long story short the little guy (for now) was shipped on Friday and due to arrive Wednesday, so fingers crossed  :pray: I'll get to meet him/her soon enough.
~nemesis
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal