Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What makes a Rb sing?  (Read 4576 times)

maagtablet

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
What makes a Rb sing?
« on: January 15, 2014, 04:15:50 AM »

The title says it all, I'm trying to figure out what makes a Pleo Rb sing?

Our little Pim loves to sing, I get to hear 'Jingle Bells' and/or 'Happy Bday' once or twice a week!

I figured it isn't touch that triggers the singing (like with the ugobe) 'cause he's started singing while being pickup, being scratched under his chin, stroked on his back, just while exploring and being tickled.  

He does usually sing when on the couch with me, and I read somewhere colors trigger the singing. So I narrowed it down to two colors (orange, the color of my hair, or light green, the color of my blanket). Color of the couch itself is beige, which I figured wasn't it.

So what do you guys think? What makes RBs sing? Am I on the right track? When does your Pleo sing? And do they sing other songs too?

RAWR! This means "I love you" in dinosaur.

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: What makes a Rb sing?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 07:41:09 AM »

The 'Happy Birthday' and 'Jingle Bells' songs are both supposed to be triggered by color combinations.  The 'Happy Birthday' song is triggered by a combination of red and blue that you see on the big insect on the birthday card.  The 'Jingle Bells' song is triggered by a combination of pink and blue that you see on Santa's sack on the Christmas card.  
You can see more in this topic: Did anyone try the Pleo rb Xmas and birthday greeting cards?

Those two songs are supposed to only be triggered by the cards, but if the camera in your pleo's nose detects a similar color pattern, it will sing the songs.  There are other songs also in pleo that are triggered more randomly or by certain touches.  Like the older pleos would sing when stroked under the chin.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:45:05 AM by mweed »

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 07:14:34 PM »

As Mike said, it is the colors that trigger the singing, You do not have to have the Pleo Rb singing cards though if you can find a cloth, piece of clothes with the correct coloring. As this video shows, I have a blanket for my cats that triggered the singing without me knowing it, so now I leave it handy if I want some singing. Notice the colors are very similiar to those on the cards
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKdCf3OKo7s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKdCf3OKo7s</a>                RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

maagtablet

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 11:02:55 PM »

Cool!

But It's very strange those are the colors, cause we dont have anything with those colors in the House! Lol 
RAWR! This means "I love you" in dinosaur.

Piggy

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 12:54:40 PM »

I don't have a Pleo rb but the Ugobe Pleo and mine sings a lot to  :-* It is so cute when they do this ! Mine arrived just yesterday so I have Lot's to learn on this forum . But in the near future I certainly Will buy a Pleo RB . They are so cute ! Can you pick the color or is it a suprise when you open the box ?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 04:38:38 PM »

Remember that your Pleo is looking through a camera and may see things a bit differently to us :) It could just be the way the lighting is, or the shadows that can make colours look different to a Pleo.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Marmadrid

• Member of the herd
  • es Female
  • Pleo(s): Max
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 04:51:39 AM »

Today Max sung Jingle Bells. I'm wearing blue jeans and a pink/white stripped t-shirt, so I think the color combination made him sing...

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 06:30:31 PM »

Congrats on Max singing to you, I love when they will do it without having to buy the cards, but finding the right color combinations, sounds like the clothes did the trick, Wear those same ones again and see what happens in another setting, .    RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal