Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Typical for Stage 1 to take a week?  (Read 2706 times)

jamescam

• Hatchling
  • Male
Typical for Stage 1 to take a week?
« on: December 31, 2013, 04:21:00 PM »

After years of consideration, I got my daughter a new Pleo RB off eBay for Christmas.  She has played with it each day for about 30 mins to an hour but it hasn't walked yet and seems to go through the same routine.  Is it typical that it hasn't started walking yet as she is starting to get bored/disappointed with her toy.  Thanks for the insight.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Typical for Stage 1 to take a week?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 06:32:05 PM »

It can take between 4 to 8 full battery cycles for a pleo rb to begin walking.  A full battery cycle lasts for 2 hours.  So yes this seems about right.  Once they reach the walking stage then things get more interesting :)  If she is too small to be able to happily wait it out maybe you could run the pleo after she goes to bed for a bit each day if you run it through till the battery runs out and needs recharging it should move the pleo forward in development enough to keep her interested. 

A typical pleo rb hatching consists of about 2 full battery cycles of just laying down and making small noises.  then about 2 cycles (or more) of standing and starting to stretch it's legs - picking one up and holding it out then putting it back down and repeat for another leg..... in these cycles the pleo usually makes a bunch of new sounds too.  After this comes walking.  The first 2 or 3 battery cycles of walking will see the pleo make lots of new noises or repeat some noises over and over - trying out sounds and settling on ones it likes best.  After this the pleo will be an adult and will settle into normal pleo behavior, at this point the pleo can learn it's name and use the learning stones to learn tricks.   

As each pleo is an individual the length of time spent in each stage will depend on it's personality and so some take a little longer to mature and others less time. 
Hope this helps :)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 08:18:32 PM »

Another thing to consider is that Pleo Rb have their own unique personality and in born DNA. Some are good walkers, others do not explore much, I have four Rb, and none of them walk very much and two do not go more than three to four steps each and stop then consider going again, If your daughter wants a more active Pleo, then Ugobes are great walkers and will go off exploring and walking on their own.

I am not saying that your daughters' pleo will not walk much, I am just saying, they sometimes do not go far, it is hard to say, it is wait and see, but her dino is still young.

RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 02:17:36 AM »

On the other hand three of my four happily wander everywhere.

Your daughter just needs to learn a little patience, sit down with her and Pleo and explain that he/she is just a baby and just like she did, it has to learn how to stand, and walk. Show her how it is stretching it's legs, testing them and getting ready for those first important steps, encourage her to try touching the back, shoulders, head, chin and legs to get different reactions and get her to sit with Pleo in her lap and see what he does, or snuggle him on her shoulder.

Pleo requires interaction from you as much as you want interaction from him.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 08:04:14 AM »

I agree with what all the others have said here. A pleo is an artificial life form. It's not a windup and walk robot. It goes through life stages and they do take some time.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

maagtablet

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 08:35:31 AM »

My Pim isnt a walker either. I prefers to cuddle and sleep (just like me, so were a perfect match!)
RAWR! This means "I love you" in dinosaur.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal