Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 3421 times)

Jules

• Fossil hunter
  • Female
Hi
« on: May 15, 2009, 05:32:13 AM »

Hi, just thought I should say hello.

I have not got a Pleo yet and seriously considering the idea.
I have three kids who want a pet but I would rather not have the mess, stress and vet bills! My kids would be a bit perplexed at my pet choice but it's not them who has to do all the hard work. ???
I have seen Pleo's on Amazon and could only consider purchasing one form them for the warranty reason.
Reading the forum for the past few days I see that you are all avid pleo lovers and asking your opinion on purchasing one would be biased in the least.
Maybe I should just jump in and get one before they are all gone. :)

kisumi

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
  • Kai and Stanley
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 05:42:04 AM »

Hi Jules, nice to see more uk members joining (do i detect a possible uk pleo meets soon????  ;D) Although amazon are a good company and will give you warrenty i would personally recommend you get your pleo from argos for the following reasons:

1. They come with a years warrenty with the option to extend to 3 years.
2. If your pleo breaks they will instantly swap your pleo for a new one, no waiting for it to be sent away, plus if they cant replace your pleo with another one you get a full refund even if its a year old!
3. you can actually look at the pleo before taking it home, which is good because rarely some pleos have crooked or broken necks, but i havent had that problem myself.

Even though pleos in argos are slightly more expensive £219 when i last did a price check at their shop, you do get peace of mind with that and if you have any problems you can go in and actually speak to someone!

Pleos are really great at teaching children responsablity as they do react like a real pet, abuse him and he will become sad and you really have to work hard to make him happy again, also no pleo is alike.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 05:44:57 AM »

Yup opinions here can't help but be biased :P But give Pleo a chance, he does make a great little pet, and the best part is you can just switch him off when not needed, no mess, no fuss :) In the long run Pleo is cheaper than a dog or cat, no vet, feed or maintenance bills, just a little electricity every now and then :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Jules

• Fossil hunter
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 06:02:38 AM »

HI,
I have just checked Argos and their price right now is £143.99  :o Even though I could just about manage that price I don't think I will. Shame really as your right Argos would be the best place to get one.
Please tell me does Pleo's mechanical noise deter form the enjoyment of playing with it? I have noticed that in some videos of Pleo it is quite loud!

Right with choice limited to Amazon and Argos i will have to do some serious considering. :)

kisumi

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
  • Kai and Stanley
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 06:21:28 AM »

hey jules just sent you an email, hope it helps

Jules

• Fossil hunter
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 07:30:39 AM »

I meant to say Argos price is £243 not £143  ???

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 11:30:18 AM »

Hi Jules! I find the mechanical sounds of my pleos are very relaxing. Remember, and it is hard to do, that pleo is a robotic pet. You will grow to adore all of the sounds a pleo makes ;)

Jules

• Fossil hunter
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 04:27:03 PM »

You have all swayed me into the right direction I hope and I'm in the mists of acquiring my first Pleo. ;D
I will let you know more when the time comes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal