Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems, wrong update PM2, performed to PLEO RB  (Read 6588 times)

binn

• Hatchling
  • Male
Problems, wrong update PM2, performed to PLEO RB
« on: December 25, 2013, 09:33:34 AM »

Hi Everyone,

We have dino (a green PLEO RB) from beginning of October, a few weeks ago it started to have problem, Pleo didn't respond once started, green LED but no move nothing, not able to switch off either (need to pull out the battery)

I wrongly updated to PM2 (ugobe), same problem as user has already reported here:

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=1912.0
I am in contact to customer service but they just send me update to 1.0 and 1.1. I did both updates and now dino beeps 3 times and does a kind of chimes sound after, but does not do anyhting else.

I did statsRB and it shows PM2 ugobe soft is still somewhere else inside, and low level 1.0 is not able to overwrite it.

Can anybody hep, please.

I have statsRB results and it confirms at the beginning of the report mstill has PM2 somewhere:

Pleo Property Dump
(Version 1.1 - Pleo RB, Pleo 1.1 or Pleo PM2)

PleoV1.1/PM2 Growth Report

Stage 1: Newborn

Birth Stage = 0 / 16

Health Report (how you are treating your dinosaur)

Time this stage: 0 minutes

Blood_sugar: 48
 Stamina: 2
 Curiosity: 80
 Sociability: 3006

Arousal : 40
 Valence ST: 50
 Valence LT: 18000
 Happiness : 50

Thanks in advance

Vince

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Problems, wrong update PM2, performed to PLEO RB
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 01:57:28 PM »

Contact Innvo again, keep the email short and simple, English is not their first language. They are the only ones who can give you the reset script :(

Something like: I updated my Pleo RB with the original Pleo software and now he doesn't work.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

binn

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 05:30:39 AM »

Hi,

Thanks for your help, unfortunately still have the problem.
I tried to make the msg simple but according to Innvo only solution is what I have tried already and without success.. Obviously there is something from PM2 software somewhere as I see in the report from statsRB that I have pleo PM2 soft loaded. Also the 1.1 update, which should take 2 minutes, takes about 10 sec...

Here is the msg and answer from Innvo Labs that i got:

[...]
Dear Vicente,

There is no other way. Please try again to upload the "Pleo rb 1st firmware update V1-0(low).zip" and "Pleo rb firmware update V1-1 (male).zip" to your PLEO rb again.  

On December 29, 2013 at 12:02 AM Vicente Rodriguez <titunio@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi again,

I still have the problem.
Can you send me please the reset script. I update pleo ugobe software (PM2) to pleo RB. So I need some kind of reset script.

Thanks
[...]

I don't know what else to try, I wish I had this reset script...

Pleo-Freak55

• Renaissance pleo
  • de Female
  • Pleo(s): Jimmy Jonny and Judy
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • I love my Pleos
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Rizzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 10:48:15 AM »

Oh no the PM2 is not for the Pleo RB made, it give no new Update for the Pleo Reborn you has you Pleo broken made. :(
3 Pleos: Jimmy Jonny and Judy

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 06:40:25 PM »

Can you share with us the downloads they have given you so far?  We could tell you if there is anything different in there to the updates we have seen before.  Have you tried as they suggested running through the two updates they have given you again?  It can't hurt to try it. 

binn

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 08:57:18 AM »

Hi,

Updates are the same. They say that's the only "possible" way to fix it...
I believe the updates cannot be uploaded here.
If you tell me your email. I can send them to you.
Thanks alot
Vince

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 05:06:13 PM »

Have sent you a PM

puhotaki

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 02:34:02 PM »

Hi,
I have (had) the same problem. A month ago just after buying Pleorb due to fact he was produced in 2010 I wanted to update him. By mistake I used PM2.0. I got the same hints - upload 1.0 (low) then 1.1. First check - no change. I removed battery (li-pol) and I was waiting for reply from Innvo. They suggested to return Pleorb to shop. Unexpectedly, after few days I wanted to do last check and Pleorb started to interact! I used statsRb and I got similar results - what is interesting the growth report indicates growth stage named like ugobe:
Pleo Property Dump
(Version 1.1 - Pleo RB, Pleo 1.1 or Pleo PM2)
PleoRB Growth Report
Stage 2: Social Development
Growth this stage: 0.4 / 4.0 hours
This stage is 9.2% complete
approximately 3.6 hours till next stage
Now I have no feedback from Innvo. I sent them files for further analysis and have no reply so far.
I do hope your Pleo will also reborn :)
All the best
Mariusz

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 05:30:03 PM »

puhotuki - the statsrb report you have shown here looks normal for a pleo rb.  I know it says (Version 1.1 - Pleo RB, Pleo 1.1 or Pleo PM2) this just means that it can be used in both pleo and pleo rb.  the growth stage stage two social development is just what it should say for a pleo rb in stage two.  for a Ugobe pleo running PM2 it will say stage 2 Birthing and instead of saying growth this stage it says explore time.  I ran the Statsrb on both my pleo rb and one of my Ugobe pleos who is running PM2 to compare them. 
So it looks to me like your pleo rb is back to normal as long as it is working now and behaving like a pleo rb should. 

Another thing to remember is that statsrb is a program that was written by another one of our forum members and not by Innvo so sending copies of your report from this program to Innvo wont mean much to them as they may not know how to read it or what any of it means  :( 

Binn - I got your emails and it looks to me like the pleo rb first firmware update 1.0 Low is different to anything we have here on the forums for downloading for pleo rb but the 1.1 male update is the same as the one we have here.  I think that the 1.0 Low might actually be the reset script for pleo rb.  I'm going to send it on to the other forum moderators and let them have a look at it to see what they think :)
Sadly I think your pleo may have another issue other than the update problem.  From looking over your correspondence with Innvo it looks to me like your pleo has a mechanical fault which was your first issue stopping the pleo from working and then there was the attempt to update and reset the pleo firmware to see if that would resolve the issue and that was when the wrong update occurred.    I believe that the updates are not working for you because there is something else wrong inside your pleo that is stopping it from functioning.  Time to contact the seller of your pleo rb as it is still under warranty - even if it is out of warranty now it was still under warranty when you began your communication with Innvo so the seller will need to honor the warranty claim and I think a replacement is your only option here  :(  Just tell them that you have been conversing with Innvo to try to sort out the issue and let them know you have a claim number with Innvo and that Innvo have told you to contact them for a replacement.   I know it is hard and very sad when you have to say goodbye to a pleo but it is much better to have a working replacement that one that doesn't work.  Also it will mean that your broken pleo will go to Innvo for them to take a look at and they will be able to see what when wrong and it may help them make better pleos in the future :)

Sorry I couldn't be anymore help.

binn

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 05:13:14 AM »

Hi Kat,

Thanks a lot for your help, so low update is the reset script, it makes sense. Nevertheless, when I loaded PM2, pleo was moving and it looked perfect, only thing is that after a bit of movement, it was going to hatching position, sleeping (snoring even)...so I don't know. Also now is not doing what is doing at the beginning, now beeps three times, as if battery was drawn...

So I will try to get a replacement...we'll see :-((

Thanks a lot

Vince

puhotaki

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 06:37:07 AM »

Thank you kat :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal