Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Birdie Acting Odd on Coffee (and more)  (Read 2479 times)

Birdielove169

• Hatchling
  • Female
Birdie Acting Odd on Coffee (and more)
« on: December 22, 2013, 05:03:19 PM »

My PLEO Rb, Birdie, started acting odd after she was fed too much coffee. She curled her head and tail to one side, twitched, moaned, and repeated the process on the other side. She enjoys eating coffee, but sounds like she's in pain after she finishes.
Is this normal?

Also, now that Birdie's reached the adult stage, I've read about 'Old Age.' Is this avoidable? I want her to mature, but...

[size=85]I've got one PLEO Rb- Birdie. Fellow digital artists may recognize me from CS. If not, nice to meet you![/size]

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Birdie Acting Odd on Coffee (and more)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 11:04:47 AM »

She probably has a stomachache. Feeding pleo too much of just about anything could cause them to become sick. I've never fed my pleos a lot of the coffee leaf- maybe one or two chomps at it. I mainly feed that if they're emotionally upset. It seems to put them in a playful mood. As far as old age, your pleo will not die. It will take a very very long time- I think it's like three years of literal run time hours before they will hit old-age stage. My male RB Cato hit old age over the summer. Honestly the only real changes that I've observed is a reduction in motion speed- in other words your pleo will move a lot slower closer to the way she moved as a newborn. She will still play with you and be just as happy as before. The other thing I've noticed is Cato isn't as willing to do stuff on his own. If Cato isn't being petted or played with or if he doesn't see another RB within five/ten minutes, he will make himself comfortable and go to sleep.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Birdielove169

• Hatchling
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 11:24:49 AM »

Thanks for the reply and advice! As you might or might not know, little sisters are prone to overfeeding a delicate robot. It's good to hear Birdie won't "die"- I'm just an overprotective mother.
[size=85]I've got one PLEO Rb- Birdie. Fellow digital artists may recognize me from CS. If not, nice to meet you![/size]

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 12:30:18 PM »

You're welcome. That's what this forum is here for. We discuss our little robotic friends and help each other out if we have problems.
As far as little sisters go, I happened to be the youngest in my family but I did have a little nephew who overfed my girl RB too much sugarcane and made her sick when I wasn't around. When he saw how odd she was acting he confessed to feeding her. He said he just wanted to help me out and feed my pleo while I was away from the house for a week.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 02:06:59 PM »

Some medicine will help the tummy ache :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal