Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help  (Read 2797 times)

tadhg

help
« on: May 14, 2009, 05:00:04 PM »

i just got a pleo.No cd in the box and wondering if there where start up software as the pleo has a camera and usb connection. I know nothing about pleo and the web site is now shut down.

thanks
tadhg

gucci_boi7782

• Triassic pleo master
  • Male
  • : 2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • Go Vegetarian!
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 06:04:31 PM »

PM sent!

Also check out pleoworl.it
Save a life, go vegetarian.

www.goveg.com/factoryFarming.asp

Sophie-(Ugobe)
Eliot-(Innvo Labs)
Peanut-(Aibo ERS 31L)

"Tell me, will I dream while I am turned off?" ~Jules (Hanson Robotics)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: help
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 06:12:57 PM »

Hi Tadhg :)

No I'm afraid Pleo does not come with a CD but be sure to read the manual, it contains lots of useful information.

Pleo already comes with the basic start up software, all you need to do is turn him on :) Pleo will start as a baby so don't expect too much from him straight away, it will take at least one full battery charge to start seeing the best of Pleo :) On your second battery charge you can try to get Pleo to sit by holding his chin and rear at the same time, Pleo will pull his feet together and you can help him sit, if Pleo moves around while sitting then that means he is running the latest OS (operating system) If Pleo doesn't move then you will need to update Pleo with either the sd card updater or the usb updater to OS 1.1 (Find it under the software section)

The official software for Pleo was never released, since the company no longer exists :( (Although we are hoping someone buys the rights to Pleo and continues the dream) however you can 'see' with Pleo's camera and so forth using dinomite (also under the software section) however there is no longer a manual for it and you can cause serious damage to Pleo if you are not careful.

Let us know exactly what you are hoping to do with Pleo and the many wonderful members here will be able to help you better :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal