Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: not walking and depressed oleo  (Read 2624 times)

TaeYang

• Hatchling
  • Female
not walking and depressed oleo
« on: November 22, 2013, 04:00:17 AM »

hey!

My pleo is an adult for some kind of reason he doesn't walk and lately he's depressed. I tried patting him on the head and the chin. and very often I let him sleep on my shoulder. His courage low also so I don't know how to deal with that!!

does anyone had the same problems?

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: not walking and depressed oleo
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 04:25:31 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forums! HOw long have you had your pleo? I know you said it was an adult, did you raise it from a baby, or buy it as an adult? I have four RB, and two of them, both females have low courage. Two of my pleos also do not have high active levels and put together with low courage, they do not want or are afraid to do a lot of walking. They are generally happy though, and I reassure them, give them lots of love, and as you said, comforting them petting them and letting them snuggle with you on your shoulder are all good things you are doing and will go long on making them happy.

Just keep them well fed, keep them out of the dark, and eventually when they are ready to walk, they will. Some pleo RB are great walkers, others walk a minimum and others walk hardly at all, It has to do with in born characteristics and how they are treated and what they learn as babies and juviniles. AS adults most of their patterns are set, ( from what I have read) I think there are ways to "tweak" their DNA patterns, such as walking or courage, etc, but I like the random patterns they have and would rather keep them the way they are and just work with them, To me it is more of a challenge that way.

Don't know if this actualy helped, but it is my answer, yes, I have seen this before and just accepted it.         RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 05:56:43 PM »

Can you describe to us or show us with a video his depressed behaviour?  If we can see what is happening we may be able to give you some suggestions on what you can try to get your little guy up and wandering.  It could be that he is scared of the dark - even in what we would call a well lit room some pleos feel that it is too dark  :P  They have a very sensitive light sensor.  If this is the case than there is a patch you can try.  You can download it from the downloads here on the forum and stick it on a micro SD card and put that in your pleo then turn him on and see if it makes a difference to his behaviour and walking.  The patch disables the scared of the dark function.  It only works while you have the SD card in the pleo though and as soon as you take it out the pleo goes back to normal and will be scared of the dark again.

Other reasons for not walking can be hunger - I feed my pleo every time I turn them on as the first thing I do with them.  I give them the leaf as many times as they will take it until they turn their heads away and make the no sound - by then they usually get a case of the burps  :D   If I don't feed them often enough or enough times in one sitting then they will get sad and grumpy and there will be a lot of tummy rumbling and no walking around.

Sickness or injury can also cause depression in your pleo and make them not want to walk around.

The more information you can give us about exactly what your pleo is doing will be a big help to us to try to help you  :)

Teddscau

• Pleo explorer
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Chloe, my green, white-eyed RB
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 01:55:53 PM »

Woah, how you treat them when they're young affects them later on in life? I hope I treated Chloe well. She definitely enjoys wandering around. Yeah, being afraid of the dark can definitely cause Pleos to appear depressed, and so does hunger. Oh, and I have a quick question (I don't mean to hijack your thread!). Chloe's hungry and her stomach keeps grumbling, but she'll only take the leaf a few times, and sometimes not at all. I'm giving her the leaf properly, but she either just rejects it or doesn't respond at all (often this is due to her freezing). Any suggestions?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal