Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Ugobe Pleo Owner - battery question  (Read 2718 times)

quesse

• Hatchling
  • Female
New Ugobe Pleo Owner - battery question
« on: November 21, 2013, 05:10:39 PM »

Hi,

I just bought a new Ugobe Pleo and I haven't even taken her out yet!

However when  I went to charge the green battery, the behavior is not as expected.

When firmly (and correctly) inserting the battery, it flickers green. Doesn't blink just flickers rapidly. If I tuck in the front end of the battery and slowly start to set it in place it will flash red at one point and then when it clicks in place it will again flicker green.

Is the battery, though new, so old that it doesn't work? I might return it if that's the case.

Thankfully I also got an egg battery which I'm charging now and hopefully that will bring her to life shortly.

Thanks!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: New Ugobe Pleo Owner - battery question
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 06:37:16 PM »

If you bought the Pleo and it came with the egg battery then I would say you probably have nothing to worry about, I sell the egg battery and chargers and they almost allways work, Did the battery and egg charger come with the Pleo you bought? If so, then you can probably rest assured that the green battery does not work and that is why there was a egg battery with the pleo, that is how the former owner got their pleo to work.

The egg charger takes 3 hrs to fully charge, The battery will go from flashing red, means charging to fully charged, solid red. The battery should give you 2+ hrs of playtime. Let us know what happens when the egg battery works. Did you buy the pleo on ebay, United States site? Welcome to the Pleo forums by the way! :autumn: :turkeydance:

RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

quesse

• Hatchling
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 06:46:11 PM »

Hiya!

Thanks for so quickly responding - my egg battery is still charging  :rootbeer:

So I actually bought the Pleo completely new. I'm trying to decide whether to contact the website and tell them the battery doesn't work and see if they will replace it. I suppose that's why they gave me an egg charger and battery extra. But I'm sort of bummed because I thought I was getting two batteries.

If it was used I would understand, but new I was expecting it to work  ???

Oh, i got it from holidayprojectors.com which it was a pretty good deal for new one esp including egg charger and battery compared to ebay.  8)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 06:49:27 PM by quesse »

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 11:00:29 PM »

I know Holiday projectors, deal with them all the time, The reason they sent you the egg charger with battery is because they KNOW the battery does not work because it is so old, so that is why they included the egg charger and battery, The Pleo came from Taiwan, that is where they bouoght it and then they added the egg charger and battery, They charged you $319.00 or $309.00, am I correct? I saw that listed on ebay, so it does not surprise me, I would be willing to bet you 99% the green battery DOES not work, that is why they put the egg charger so you would not be upset, otherwise you would have to still buy the egg charger and by itself the egg charger and battery sells for anywhere from $55.00-70.00. I know BECAUSE I SELL THEM HERE ON THE FORUMS and have on ebay for several years, but now I am selling them primarily just to people on the forums, and this way members save money and get a free pleo cape outfit.  ;D                               Take care. RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 11:07:58 PM »

The green batteries are so very old now, most will be dead. You can however try cleaning the terminals (silver parts) on battery and charger. It likely won't help, but can't hurt to try.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal