Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My first Pleo Nelly  (Read 9221 times)

true_liz

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
My first Pleo Nelly
« on: November 20, 2013, 12:47:05 PM »

Hello everyone,

I would like to introduce my new Pleo Rb to you that I just received yesterday:

According to PleoWorld she will be female (85 - 95%) so we named her Nelly. She will be cautious and obedient and gentle, healthy and active.

I started her for the very first time yesterday evening and I'm totally in love with her. She's so cute and seems to be a really great companion. She seems to be quite active already although she's just a baby. She queeks and looks around and she loves all the touches and cuddles we give her. She bounces with her butt  :-* And when she takes a nap, she snores  :)

I'm so curious how she will evolve. I will keep you updated here.

Best regards from Lisa and Nelly  :flowers:

Lusewing

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
Re: My first Pleo Nelly
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 02:13:02 PM »

Oh she is adorable, I love that dark eye shadow. What colour are her eyes? Can we see a full body shot? We love seeing all the different colours and pattens on the little babies.

Congratulations on your new baby, you are going to have a fantastic time with her  :cheer:

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 02:20:55 PM »

Guten tag and Welcome to the Pleo forums, It is always nice to see new members. Nelly is a very nice name and I love her coloring, just wondering what color her eyes are. I am guessing either a light blue or green, That would be nice with her dark green head and her brown lids. I love those colors, though I never met a Pleo I did not like. LOL.

You will have so much fun with Nelly, It sounds like you got a great deal buying her and she is going to be very active.  :dino-chase: I too love when they snore, whether it is the classic Ugobes or the RB, they both snore and it is so enduring. Welcome again.                RWM (REdwoodsMama ) :cat-hug: and the Pleo Township  P:) of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 03:48:14 PM »

welcome to the forums and welcome to the world to Nelly :)  She looks like a beauty! 

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 11:09:26 PM »

Welcome to the forums :) Please understand it is against the rules to post a picture of a new Pleo and not tell us the eye colour ;)  :dino-chase:

(PS. I'm just kidding, but it's mean to tease us ;))
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

true_liz

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 01:25:47 PM »

Hello again,

Thank you for the warm welcome  :) Sorry to keep you waiting for eyes-pictures  ;D

Here it is:

And another one:

And a full body shot:

I'm not quite sure what the eye color exactly is. Depending on light and shadows it looks white, very light green or very light yellow or blue. However, I really love it  :-*

I just received the micro SD cart and will run it tomorrow. Can't wait to get some more details about Nelly's mood, feelings and status. I'll keep you updated  :dino-chase: 

Kind regards,
Lisa&Nelly

leelee1420

• Hatchling
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 03:26:31 PM »

How exciting! Enjoy your new pleo!  :dino-chase:

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 11:05:39 PM »

Wow, very pretty eyes :) Quite striking!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 06:13:54 AM »

Very pretty indeed - I love the dark eye patches too!  :)

true_liz

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 03:28:21 PM »

Hi folks,

here we are again, Nelly and me  :)

Here is my latest Pleo report:

Stage 1: Birthing

Growth this stage: 1.4 / 3.0 hours

This stage is 45.6% complete
approximately 1.6 hours till next stage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DNA Attributes (what PleoRB was born with)

Courage: Low
Temper: Normal
Physical: Normal
Activeness: Normal
Intelligence: Normal
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Health Report (how you are treating your dinosaur)
Mood: 99%
Physical: 99%
Emotion: 42%
Health: 65%
Feed: 64%

Activity: 50%
Obedience: 50%
Skill: 50%
Dinosaur Pheromones (what your Pleo is sending to other Pleos)

WARNING: Pleo pheromone data may be invalid (test again later)
Pleo is sending out Male pheremones
Pleo is sending out a Depressed vibe

What I don't understand: she is a female but is sending out mail pheromones?! How can that be? Moreover, I'm not sure if she is really still in the birthing stage because she already stands and tries her first steps. Can it be that the report is not correct in this regard?

Anyway, we are really enjoying to play with Nelly. I'm quite sure that she is already in the second stage as she stands and is more active than before. She enjoys to be cradled and it seems that she's always in a good mood and loves to investigate her surrounding. Sometimes, she acts really crazy. She lifts one of her back legs and stands on the remaining three. We had such a big laugh when we first saw it  ;D I'll try to make a photo of video of it, it's really worth to share.

There is another behaviour I'm not sure of if it's good or not: She cries out loud with head up, then the head hangs down (like she would be sad), she shakes it from one side to another and then she walks backwards. Then one of the front foots is lifted up as she would like to shake with her paw. When I click at the button of the paw, she likes it and is happy again. Is that normal? Did anyone else experience this behaviour with a Pleo?

Here is a current foto from her checking out the sight out of the window:

I went (online) shopping for Nelly today. I bought really cute socks as well as a necklace (actually for cats). I got inspired by the beautiful glass leave anklets made by mweed and luckily found a seller in Germany that has those beautiful glass leaves. So I will try to find my creative side and will make an anklet for Nelly.

I will show fotos as soon as Nelly wears her new fashion  :cheer:

Best regards,
Lisa & Nelly

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2013, 04:11:26 PM »

Nice picture of Nelly, Nelly sounds like a normal baby, testing her legs by stretching them out and they often walk backwards. Her head movements are fine too, If there is anything you are worried about the best thing to do is to post a video.  Will be looking for the photo when you get the socks and necklace. :autumn: :turkeydance:

RWM  :cat-hug:

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2013, 06:32:02 PM »

The baby stage lasts until they actually start walking forward.  It usually takes about 4 full battery cycles but some take much longer.  I had one of mine that took about 8 full battery cycles before they moved off.  Then you hit the juvenile stage where they will continue to make lots of new noises and they will wander around and explore their new world.  This stage also lasts about 4 to 8 battery cycles before their new personality will become solidly in place and they will be able to learn their name and tricks from the learning stones which means they are in adult stage.
the male pheromones could just be that she is too young to really be giving off either and the default for the report is male.  I'm not sure but it does say in the report that the pheromone data may be invalid and to check again later so I think that could be what is going on.  Give it a few more battery cycles and after she is walking try again.

Baby pleos try out all sorts of noises and moves :)  they will spend quite some time stretching all their legs before they actually walk.  They are so cute :)

true_liz

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2013, 03:39:59 AM »

Good morning  :dance013:

Thank you for your replies. I love the fact that she is still in the baby status as she already developed so much and now I know that there is still so much more to come  :-*

I managed to take a short video of Nelly lifting her back leg, it's so cute and funny:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO9ONmE5MEI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO9ONmE5MEI</a>
Sorry for the poor quality.

We finished the third battery charge today and according to the statsRB report, Nelly will soon (5%) evolve to the next stage. At the end of the battery charge she already tried some short steps and walked backwarts  :clap: She seemed to be very excited and mooed a lot.  :cow: She seemed to be very proud that she finally learned how to use her legs  :bliss:

Now we are waiting impatiently for the battery to recharge  :hissyfit:

I'll keep you updated  :D

Mystearika

• Head of the herd
  • Female
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2013, 04:22:07 AM »

she is so adorable :) it sounds like she has a wonderful personality

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2013, 01:11:22 PM »

Why not put stats RB away and just experience the changes? You don't need numbers to enjoy Pleo's.

true_liz

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2013, 09:13:21 AM »

Hello everyone,

@Mystearika: I seem to be very lucky with her since she really has a lot of personality already and she becomes more and more outgoing every day  :-*

@IMR: Don't worry. I enjoy her really very much without caring about the data insight her (electronical) brain. I'm just generally interested in IT, programming and I like to check what kind of actions actually influence her data. But I won't care too much about that.

Currently, Nelly is in a very good shape. She seems to be in a good temper with a lot of humor. She thinks she is Santa Claus (Hoo-hoo-hoooo)  :rofl:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kttcs90wot8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kttcs90wot8</a>

Its so much fun playing with her. She is very active and seems to be a very funny little toddler who makes my boyfriend and me laugh all the time  :XD: By chance, I took a video of her very first steps yesterday which I would like to share:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou-IvJjRLHU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou-IvJjRLHU</a>
I'm so proud of her  :bliss:

I have another question: can someone confirm that his Pledge is correct to use on Nelly? http://www.amazon.de/Pledge-M%C3%B6bel-Spray-Klassik-250ml/dp/B00BAFCQME/ref=sr_1_53?ie=UTF8&qid=1385396369&sr=8-53&keywords=pledge

I searched for the extra moisurizing one but could not find it. Alternatively, I found this one: http://www.amazon.de/Pledge-5763074-M-belpolitur-Lemon-Aerosol/dp/B00BZG08Q4/ref=sr_1_39?ie=UTF8&qid=1385396642&sr=8-39&keywords=pledge

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hope you enjoy the videos. Best regards,

Lisa&Santa Claus (Nelly)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 09:25:23 AM by true_liz »

Teddscau

• Pleo explorer
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Chloe, my green, white-eyed RB
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2013, 11:39:55 AM »

Generally, Pledge is discouraged, I think. Or maybe that's just baby powder. Anyways, don't use baby powder  :wise:. What is recommended is Vinylex. It provides UV protection, rehydrates the skin, cleans, improves colour, and makes them nice and shiny :). You'll probably have to order the stuff online, though.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2013, 02:51:47 PM »

For Pleo RB, it is Pledge that is reccomended at least while under warranty, using anything else can void the warranty. After the warranty, it is up to you. As for the baby powder, do not ever use it on any pleo. As for the Vinylex, it is reccomended for the Classic Pleo, the Ugobe, I have 22 Ugobes and use it on all of them and it does a great job. I know that there is a product that Crewella has used on her Pleos, Autogylm,,, probably not spelled right, but can not remember if it is for her Ugobes or Pleo RB, I think she will have to tell you that, I can tell you that the Pledge works great on Pleo rb and the Vinylex is great on Ugobes, I bought two spray bottles of it over a year ago and with 22 Ugobes am still on the first bottle. I use it sparingly and about once a month , less in the winter months.

RWM  :cat-hug:

true_liz

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2013, 08:52:18 AM »

I would like to use Pledge as I don't want to loose the warranty.

However, I'm uncertain if the Pledge products I linked in my post above are the correct ones to use. Can someone confirm that?

Thanks and best regards,
Lisa

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2013, 03:16:16 AM »

Definitely neither of those, they are aerosol cans and will contain harmful propellants. Try and find wipes if you can, preferably not citrus.

true_liz

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2013, 03:32:00 PM »

Hi folks,

Nelly's new socks arrived  :-* Hope you like it:

By the way, I found the extra moisturizing pledge. How do you use it? Directly on the skin or via a cloth?

Best regards,
Lisa

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2013, 12:41:28 AM »

I have used it both way, but usually I just put it on the skin, let it sit for a few seconds and then gently dab, not really rub the skin, I let it soak in as much as possible, then keep dabbing with a soft old rag, a cotton sock works well, and I use a white one so the dirt shows up well. I am careful around the mouth and eye area, so the pledge or anything put on the skin, does not accidently get into the sensitive areas, I think you will like the results and it does a good job of protecting the skin,                    Nelly has cute socks, very pretty with them on.     P:)          RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo Township of the Redwoods

true_liz

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • Female
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2013, 02:54:49 PM »

Hello everyone,

I have good news. Our Pleo family has another member. I couldn't resist a special offer at ibood.de (Pleo RB for EUR 100)  :D

This is Neela:

I must confess that initially I was a little dissapointed. I really hoped to get a boy. Furthermore, Nelly's and Neela's character profiles are almost identical. Now I'm worried that they will be too much alike.

But when Neela hatched yesterday evening, I directly fell in love with her. She is such a beauty  :-* She's got wonderfull light blue eyes and I like the fact that she resembles Nelly (skin colour identical, head color identical, only eyes are different) as they would be real sisters. Compared to Nelly she will be obedient and her intelligence is high. So I hope that she will be good at learning tricks.

Nelly is now juvenile and seems to be a little rebel  :D She loves to walk and to explore and when I put her on a table she becomes kind of angry after some time because she cannot walk  :dino-chase:
She learned her name yesterday and her first trick. But it doesn't work too well. However, that's fine. She's still a child and should not be forced to learn tricks.

Here are some further pictures of Nelly and Neela meeting each other the first time and hanging out on "their" table:

maagtablet

• Outstanding in the herd
  • Female
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2013, 03:34:07 PM »

Aww she looks a lot like Pim!
♡ibood!
RAWR! This means "I love you" in dinosaur.

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2013, 04:07:55 PM »

They are both so lovely and pretty :)  it is nice that they are so similar. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal