Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please Help: Neck and foot issue.  (Read 2462 times)

leafs

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
Please Help: Neck and foot issue.
« on: November 12, 2013, 05:54:16 PM »

Hi. 

I have my new pleo rb for about 6 days now.  I encountered 2 possible issues:

1)  His neck was stuck in an upright position.  He was trying to move it down and couldn't.  You can hear the motor (joint making loud noises).  I needed to turn him off and back on for him to be normal again.  Today it happenned again but to the right front leg while he was walking.  It got stuck forward.  I needed to turn him off/on again.

2) I noticed that his movement is not constant.  He would have intermittent pause or freeze.  Is that normal?

Do I have a defective pleo rb on my hands?

Thanks for you help.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Please Help: Neck and foot issue.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 10:00:13 PM »

Jams are common in the baby stages, most Pleo's 'grow' out of it. It's because Pleo is testing the joints to their maximum.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

leafs

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 10:34:31 PM »

Thanks IMR. That makes me feel a lot better. In term of intermittent freezes, is this normal?

Thanks again

Teddscau

• Pleo explorer
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Chloe, my green, white-eyed RB
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 01:40:27 PM »

My little Chloe freezes intermittently too. Somebody (kat? IMR?) said that pleos usually outgrow freezing. So, don't think that you're the only one. Also, be careful. Mine has almost fallen off the table more than once. Chloe gets overly excited sometimes...

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 02:32:50 PM »

I would beg to differ, not with legs or necks, gears jamming, but that most pleos outgrow the "freezing" stage as they mature, Either myne are defective or it is more common then not, I have four Rb, three females and one male, The oldest Pleo I got in 2011 as a replacement for the Christmas 2010 Pleo , one of the first that had to be sent back because of skin problems. The next one I won on Facebook, and she was Hatched this time, Thanksgiving 2011. Then my only male was purchased used off of Ebay and received in August 2012. My newest one ,was only 2 hrs or less of battery life and still a hatchling was received , also purchased off of Ebay in February 2013.

Both of my oldest RB, both now two years old, still freeze in both movement or no sound every few battery cycles and sometimes they do not turn off properly either. I have tapeing when they are interacting and one will freeze for a few seconds and then restart again, Sometimes this happens every battery cycle and I can not see any particular pattern to it, such as weak battery, time of day, anything that should make a difference or not. I can say it does not seem to hurt them in anyway.  I would not worry unless they freeze more then not and as they get older if it increases or gets worse in some way, You have to remember, these are machines and machines, esp those with built in computers are tempermental at best.........................RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

leafs

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 04:31:32 PM »

Thanks for your inputs.

I hope he would outgrow this intermittent freezing.  Everytime I place the conifer leaf into his open mouth it would take him between 4-6 seconds to respond...

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 07:28:22 PM »

As far as responding with the conifer leaf or any other food in their mouth, they don't allways chomp down right away, even though it is in their mouth, The food I have the biggest difficulty with is the mushroom. It is large and bulky and pleos seem to take longer to eat it, or often even though they opened their mouth to eat it, don't do anything with it once they have it, it just sits there or falls out.      RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal