Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battery advice please  (Read 2701 times)

Sidt4

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
Battery advice please
« on: October 15, 2013, 08:42:35 AM »

Hi everyone
Sorry if this has been asked before, I can't seem to find it on the search. I have two of the new batteries, ucube egg ones, how do you store these when not in use. Do I leave them uncharged or fully charged. I just ask because I do not always have the pleo's out and I wouldn't want to ruin my newly bought batteries.
Thank you in advance for your kind replies.
Sid

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Battery advice please
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 10:35:57 AM »

HI, good question, I think I can answer as I have had these since 2010 when I first bought one then began selling them here on the forums. Make sure that you never charge the battery more than overnight or about 8 hrs, If not in use for long periods, it is ok to leave them in the egg charger, but not plugged in, You could leave it in the Pleo also if not using your pleo for a long time, but it makes more sense to me to store in the egg charger and the charger without the adapter cord in the original box to help prevent against dust etc. Also store on a shelf or somewhere away from direct sunlight, radiators or heaters, moisture or anywhere damp. When using again, wipe off with just a dry cloth to get any dust, then you do not need to recharge unless it was fully discharged before putting away,  Hope that helps some.               RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Sidt4

• Leaving the nest
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 11:21:08 AM »

Thanks RWM, once again. Just to claify would you store them fully charged or would you run them out fully then store.
Cheers Sid

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 01:26:10 PM »

If it was me and they were not going to be used for awhile, more than a couple of weeks, just run them out, but either way will not hurt. If a very long time, more than couple of months, then fully discharge and charge all over again when ready to use again. Good luck.

RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal