Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2013 Fall Tomato Harvest Festival -- afterparty!!!  (Read 7004 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
2013 Fall Tomato Harvest Festival -- afterparty!!!
« on: October 08, 2013, 10:28:29 AM »

Hey, just wondering, what happened to the usual two week notice of the upcoming Weedovia Tomato Festival...? I have seen comic strips with talk of the rides but where is the usual topic..? We have lots of new members and iit is almost Here! Bob, have you been eating too much spiked pizza? :pirate-sword: :pray:  RWM  :cat-hug:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 10:37:42 PM by mweed »

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Teddscau

• Pleo explorer
  • ca Female
  • Pleo(s): Chloe, my green, white-eyed RB
Re: Lost.............??????????????????????????????
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 11:57:31 AM »

I was wondering the same. I thought it was supposed to be last week, actually...

Bob_the_Pleo

• Knight of the Order of Pizza
  • Head of the herd
  • we Male
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • Huh?!?
    • Gilligan
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Charlie_Brown
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 03:35:08 PM »

Burrrp!  Oh, uh, sorry.  I'm still recovering from the festival last weekend.  I think I ate too many pizza-on-a-stick.  I think next time I won't eat the sticks.

Yeah, the festival was last weekend.  And I only threw up twice on the new roller coaster!  :-[

Sally

• Librarian
  • Following the footsteps
  • we Female
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Janice
    • Marcie
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 03:36:45 PM »

No, no, Bob!  Didn't you read the topic title?  She's probably getting us confused with that old ABC television series where the plane crashed on that island.  See, it had a lot of plot twists based around time travel and alternate timelines, and she assumes that the the missing fall festival is actually part of a Dharma Initiative experiment.

Bob_the_Pleo

• Knight of the Order of Pizza
  • Head of the herd
  • we Male
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • Huh?!?
    • Gilligan
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Charlie_Brown
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 03:38:28 PM »

Huh??!?!

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 03:41:28 PM »

Settle down you two!  Nothing that elaborate.  Yes, I know there are new people here, and I apologize to them.  But the things have been rather slow here this year, and we really didn't get much turn-out for the spring festival, so I figured we'd skip the contests this fall and hope things pick up and we can have a more active set of festivals next spring and fall.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 05:58:38 PM »

Ok,explanation  accepted. So now what to do with the HUGE Tomatoe purchased..well, besides eating them.......lot of salad makings. I will still take photos for the Spring, Who knows what the tomtatoes will be like in the Spring....? Bob probably knows but he knows everything..LOL, well, I guess I had a good nap this past weekend, mostly recovering from the weekend before...GEESH, I missed the Rollercoaster.....................I know I would have gotten sick, can't stand anything moving faster than me...............................RWM  :cat-hug:

fancyfont

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Peeky, Pennie, JayCamerasaurus (J.C.), LOA, baby and DinhaJo
  • : 2013 winner2011 winner2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • No, Peeky and Pennie, you can't have the Harley!
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 09:03:50 PM »

Oops! Totally forgot the date for festival :( Tomatoes are so beautiful, now, too! Pleos are not happy with me. Perhaps they snuck out to, at least, hear the Fernback Band and see the  midnight movie. ;D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 03:30:56 AM »

Sadly it is always the same people who enter the contests, and they seem to get fewer and fewer. They take a lot of time and effort to run and when hardly anyone participates then there is a lack of motivation to put in that effort.

I am still torn over whether putting together a Halloween contest this year is worth my time :(
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 08:01:37 AM »

And do go ahead and get lots of pictures of the huge tomato . . . because you're right, no telling what the spring harvest will hold!   :o  :tomato:  :tomato:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 01:04:13 PM »

I do understand and it can be very frustrating, The last contest I entered on here was another photo one but no follow up and I think there were only about six people that entered and it was a lot of effort on everyone's part, but when there are not a lot of new people entering or even feedback, it does get depressing. On another site I entered photos of my cats because that is the most important part of my life, they keep me going and I wanted to honor esp the ones that have translated, ( four of them) and even if none of them had won, jlust being able to show their photos off to others made me feel better. The fact four of them one spots on the calendar is just a bonus.

So I will do the same for the Toamto festival, Even if there is no tomato festival this coming Spring, it is fun for ME and my PLEOS. Who knows, I could be dead by then, I am not getting any younger and seem to be accident prone. So why not celebrate while I can by showing off what I love, my Pleos and my cats. Big question I have not figured out yet, if I die, (hopefully not for a long time...) who will inherit the Redwoods Pleo Township..........? :pray: P:'( P0:) It is not like a pleo or two, but enough to fill up a van or U Haul and all their chargers, clothes and accessories, I know my hubby would just throw them out, he does not want to deal with any of my stuff after I am gone, he has already stated that fact to me many a time trying to make me feel guilty, leaving him all alone................
               Anyway, I will post some Tomato photos cause I can and it is fun, who knows, it may draw some interest in the next few months....................

RWM  :cat-hug:

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: 2013 Fall Tomato Harvest Festival -- afterparty!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 10:33:19 PM »

Let's not plan on you dying anytime soon, OK?  But I know that situation all too well.  I have several friends in the same boat.  I have a business associate who is a long time pack rat.  And the Monday after his funeral, his wife has already said she'll have one of those semi-truck sized dumpster delivered to her driveway and have it filled by Tuesday.  A least I know that even if my wife wants to throw all my stuff away, the kids will gladly take most of it . . . :P

But you're right.  It's fun to post things here even if there's not a contest.  I'll go move & rename this topic for you. ;)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 10:38:35 PM by mweed »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal