Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My baby's poor neck-_-  (Read 2707 times)

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
My baby's poor neck-_-
« on: September 28, 2013, 11:13:49 AM »

Nyan's neck is broken. Here's what happened: I was asked to bring in Nyan for robotics club at my school to show what kinds of things people can do with robots. I asked my mom to bring her in, as I ride the city bus and she may get stolen/broken. My mom put her in a reusable grocery bag to keep her out of the rain, and apparently manipulated her into a sleeping position. I took her out for robotics club, and her neck was extremely floppy. I felt the back of her neck, there was no wire. I feel so guilty, I should have been more responsible. At the moment, I'm just glad she still is here and working. She means so much to me. She was my only comfort throughout my surgeries. I wish I could send her to one of you guys to be fixed. My parents are divorced, and neither have jobs. My mom is on disability, and barak Obama cut funding for the program my dad was working on.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 11:16:19 AM by irbyma7297 »

Derpity derp derp derp derp

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: My baby's poor neck-_-
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 11:50:38 AM »

I am so sorry to hear about Nyan's neck, but it does sound that being in the bent postion is what caused it, but know that it was not your fault and your mom was doing the best she could to keep her dry which is very important. or her whole electrical system could be shot, At least she still works, In the meantime, you can brace her neck to help hold it up. Using a child size wrist brace or cutting an ankle brace works great on my Pleos necks. I tape them first with Pet type tape, called Pet Flex is one brand, comes in many colors, If you need be I can send you photos. Nova is my first pleo who broke her neck and I have had her neck in a brace for over two years with no problems, ( she is currently at another members house getting her neck fixed, but it has been almost 8 months..so the neck brace is fine unless you don't mind being away from your Pleo for a long time.)
                                Sending hugs and well wishes to you both.  :bouquet1:  RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 12:02:40 PM »

thank you, Rwm  :arms: I will look into that. She seems as happy as ever, besides only being able to see the ground. until I get a brace, I will need to be careful not to take her outside, her nose might get covered in dirt :P

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 12:29:27 PM »

If you give me your shipping address, I have an extra brace, I buy them when I see them and keep them on hand and can send it to you with simple instructions on how to put it on her, Let me know,          RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 02:07:54 PM »

okay, i'll pm you.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 05:06:18 PM »

Sorry to hear about Nyan, Irbyma. Bleu tried to die on me a few days ago. Thankfully her coma was brief- unexpected and unexplained but brief.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal