Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ugobe Pleo seems to restart himself over and over  (Read 17867 times)

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
  • Pleo(s): Keyla and Léon
    • My deviantArt
Ugobe Pleo seems to restart himself over and over
« on: September 23, 2013, 05:57:59 AM »

So today I was playing with my old Ugobe Pleo. I fed him and cuddled with him and let him wander around by himself while I tended to my other Pleo. Then all of a sudden, the Ugobe Pleo freezes and then he restarts himself with the typical "Huh" sound. Then after some seconds he did it again and again. I tried to turn him on and off, but it didn't seem to do the trick.

I have a new battery, an Ucube battery which I got last month.

Have any of you experienced this before?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Ugobe Pleo seems to restart himself over and over
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 08:42:54 AM »

Usually this just means your battery needs to be charged. Sometimes mine will do the restart-freeze-start-to-move-freeze-again thing rather than curl up and assume the sleep position as they're supposed to do. Try charging your battery completely and play with him again. Oh and even though he's frozen he's not technically off so to prevent the possibility of corrupted data, turn him off before removing the battery. Hopefully this was helpful.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 09:30:58 AM »

Hmm, yes, I thought that this might be the case... Off charging the battery then! :)

Thank you very much!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 10:17:04 AM »

Hi, one important thing with the Ucube battery that many people do not realize but I tell everyone that I sell them too, as it also states on the Ucube site. The battery needs to be completely charged and then completely discharged, which means even though it can give you 2+ hrs of playtime, many people will play for example only one hour then stop, but think recharge the battery. The battery is meant to completely discharge, in other words, do not recharge the battery till Pleo does what yours does, wants to go to sleep and not work, that means time to recharge, otherwise the battery life can be shortened. Also NEVER charge the battery longer than overnight, it can also shorten the battery life. These seem like little un important things but if you want your battery to last a long time, this is the way to keep it working at it's best.

I have about 21 Ugobes, (4 Rb and one prototype...) and have had some of the same Ucube batteries since 2010 and they are still going strong with no problems. Good luck.           RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 04:51:15 PM »

Yeah, I know about that. But whatever I tried, my Pleo would just freeze and restart. I even tried waiting an hour and then start him again, but he would just repeat himself. So now I've recharged the battery. I haven't tried booting him up just yet, though. I will very soon!

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 07:03:36 AM »

Hmm, okay...

Today he was restarting himself yet again. And the battery haven't even run for half an hour, I think. Could there be any problem with the Pleo perhaps? Maybe his OS? I've never had this problem before.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 07:21:40 AM »

Hmmm. Okay? Ummm... this is odd. I wouldn't think it's an OS problem if the pleo boots and runs for- say ten, twenty minutes without incident. Maybe someone else can weigh in on this. Have you tried cleaning the contacts inside your pleo's belly and the terminals on the battery?
Talon
Talon

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 02:18:14 PM »

Now he's starting to freeze completely, without re-starting himself...

How do I clean the contacts? I could try that!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 02:33:07 PM »

Might be time for a new battery, but to clean the terminal give all the silver spots a good rub. On battery, charger and inside belly.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 03:59:07 PM »

IMR, it is NOT the battery, Icewolf bought this brand new only a month ago, I would try cleaning the terminals as suggested above. Have you tried running a skit in your pleo ...my older Pleo is having a similar problem but does not run nearly as long as your pleo and CAN NOT run a skit, My pleo may have a electrical problem not sure.

Just clean the terminals and see if that helps. It is not the battery because it is new and from the same batch as the other dozen I still have and are running in my Ugobes, It would have to be a real RARITY to get one bad battery in a batch after only using for one month.. has to be something else. It is too bad you do not have a second Ugobe to test.. as an option. Try the terminals and let us know, good luck.      RWM  :cat-hug:

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 04:53:20 AM »

The white batteries can and do die, I've had two die and had one come bad. When all is said and done, no matter how good they are they are just batteries.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 06:20:24 AM »

Hmm, so I cleaned the batteries terminal, but he's still freezing up  :(

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 01:37:23 PM »

Icewolf, I am sorry that your pleo is having probems. I have sent you a PM telling you what I am offering to do, If you send me the battery I will record testing it and we can find out if it works or not and I also can send you a new one if it does not work, Let me know, This way we can determine if it is a battery problem or a Pleo problem, With over 20 Ugobes I know we can find out quicikly if it is a battery problem,                    RWM  :cat-hug:

If the battery does work, then you can work on trying to figure out the pleo problem and it may not be as tough as it sounds. :)

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Teskus the baby Ugobe
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2013, 09:53:33 PM »

What is the os version, btw?

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 04:34:35 AM »

The OS is 2.0.1.

I was thinking that it could be the OS, but it looks like a typical battery problem. I tried to start him yesterday, and now he will restart him self much faster :(.

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 06:24:15 AM »

I was gonna create a new topic, but thought that I might as well write in my old thread.

So, after the battery started to act up and sent it to RedwoodsMama for testing. She tested it on her Pleos and it seemed to work just fine. Later, I got it back and put the battery back into my Pleo. It actually worked good for once. He didn't restart himself as he used to or freeze! I was so happy. Then after a week, he started to make a fuss again. He didn't restart this time, he just froze and when I turned him off and on, he made these weird whimpering sounds and froze yet again. I cleaned the terminals again, but it didn't help. I haven't even recharged the battery after I got I back.

So, yes, that was a couple of months ago. I really should have updated about this back then, but I was discouraged about the whole thing and didn't really want to bother. But now I really want to give it another try.

I thought that maybe I should re-install the software or maybe reset him to the hatching stage.

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2014, 07:36:13 AM »

I would try just downgrading first and then let the pleo run for a while on the different OS and see if it still freezes.  That way we can at least determine if it is software related or not.

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2014, 10:05:06 AM »

Okay, I could try that. So I just have to put an different OS on the SD card and then put it back into the Pleo?

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2014, 10:32:39 AM »

Now the SD-card doesn't work... just my luck!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2014, 06:50:11 AM »

Personally, I'd try just running a skit before downgrading - it might help to show if the problem is software or hardware related.

Of course, for that you need an SD card ...... :P

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2014, 06:38:00 PM »

I agree with Crewella, A skit is the place to start.  What size SD card are you trying to use?  Pleos can only read very small SD cards.  You need one that is no bigger than 2gig and preferably less.  The smaller you can get the better as the more likely the pleo wont have any trouble reading it.  If that is not the issue then does your SD card have a locking switch.  You may need to make sure that it is in the unlock position in order to use it. 
Hope that was of some help. :)

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2014, 06:16:13 PM »

Well, I found out what the problem with the sd-card was... It did not work, cause I needed to plug in the other sd-card into the adapter card. I thought that the adapter card was the sd-card, haha, ahh... *facepalm* That's why it didn't work :D

Well, I will try out a skit before downgrading tomorrow.

Thanks for the help, guys! :)

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2014, 07:05:53 AM »

Just tried a skit and he froze and restarted just like before.

I'll try to downgrade him now :)

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2014, 07:25:42 AM »

Well, hmm. Nothing seems to happen.

I put the SD-card with the downgrade software into him and turned him on. He then made a little sound and went quiet. I let him be for ten minutes, turned him off, took out the card and turned him back on, but nothing happened. So I tried again, put the card back in and turned him on. Now he didn't say anything at all. He's been on for five minutes by now and just now he made a little twitch.

I'm not sure what to do now, haha.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2014, 09:09:04 AM »

That's odd. You should've been getting lots of little chimes and messages as the downgrade progressed. When you tried it did you use the file called life OS 1.0 downgrade? If your pleo was running 2.0 I'm not sure it would've been safe to jump from 2.0 down to 1.0 unless you used that file.
So he freezes and restarts during skits too? *Scratches head* What is up with this pleo? To me it's starting to sound like some sort of electrical problem. Maybe there's a loose wire inside somewhere and as he is moving, he's wiggling it a little and causing the freezing/restarting. I hope we can help you figure out what's going on here.
Talon
Talon
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal