Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two kids unhappy dead pleo.  (Read 2282 times)

Mward

• Hatchling
  • Male
Two kids unhappy dead pleo.
« on: September 18, 2013, 12:41:15 PM »

I have read the forums and are very confused. Okay I have original pleo. And yes I have the battery issue, charges for 30 secs then red, bought replacement battery, even pushing it off and on repeatedly gives pleo about 3 seconds of life. Can I buy a new charger and battery, will that sort it....I wish u could power pleo up from a mains plug just to see of he's at fault. Two kids one dad. Must fix pleo.!!!L! Help really appreciated.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Two kids unhappy dead pleo.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 01:20:33 PM »

Hi, I am sorry to hear about your pleo and battery issues, I do have the Ucube Egg charger and li polymer battery that uses the adapter cord for the original Pleo that you have, If interested, please contact me via PM, I do ship worldwide and the Li Polymer batteries will give 2+ hrs of life for your pleo, guaranteeded or a full refund minus shipping of course. Otherwise you can look on ebay for similar batteries. I am sorry but someone else on the forum may be able to advise you about your battery, Others here have more experience and perhaps it still has life in it. How long ago did you get it?

Good luck and if interested, just PM me or visit Nova's necessities in the Stores section here on the forum and it will tell you more about the battery,            RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Two kids unhappy dead pleo.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 05:23:08 PM »

So you have already bought a replacement battery - you could try cleaning the terminals on the charger.  Just use a tissue or a soft cloth and give them a good rub.  This will clean away any build up of corrosion or dirt that may be stopping you from getting good contact with the battery when trying to charge.  You should do the same with the terminals on the battery and if possible inside the pleo but be careful with the ones inside the pleo as they are springs so you need to be gentle so as not to bend them out of shape.  Once you given it all a good clean then try charging the battery up again.  It should take about 3 to 4 hours for the battery to fully charge.  If the charger flashes red it means that the battery isn't seated properly and you need to take it off and put it back on again until you get a solid red light which means it is charging.  A green light means it is done. (sorry if I am telling you stuff you already know, just thought it was worth a mention encase you weren't aware).
Hopefully a good clean will fix the issue but if not then I would recommend getting an egg charger and battery.  They are by far the better product, they last longer than the green batteries giving 2 hours play time and don't seem to die like the green batteries do.  Even if you have just bought a new green battery it too may be dead as most "new" green batteries have been sitting around for years in a warehouse unopened since Ugobe went bust and these batteries just don't do well sitting idle.  If you purchased it from Innvo then it could be a different story as they I think have been making some of these batteries when they did their 2009 version pleo.  Not sure if they are producing new ones of these or just made a big batch of them in 2009 and are selling them through.  Either way it is possible that your new battery is also dead.  If the cleaning doesn't work then contact the seller of the battery and let them know.  You may be able to get a replacement for the new battery or a refund. 

Hope that helps
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal