Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP! Dead Pleo  (Read 2407 times)

loumsc

• Member of the herd
HELP! Dead Pleo
« on: September 09, 2013, 11:57:40 AM »

Hi all,
 I have not played with my Pleo for over 6 months. I just got him out and recharged his UCube (White battery). Battery took around 2-2.5 hours to charge. When I turn Pleo on I get no response. I don'y have another battery. When I connect Pleo through USB to my computer the USB is recognized but the drivers fail as unknown error on USB device even though device manage shows Pleo on COM3. I tried running DinoMite but keep getting an error saying that a missing file COMDLG32.OCX is missing or not registered properly. I am trying to fin out if I now have a Pleo brick. I tried under Win7 and Win 8 to no avail, then I tried in WinXP mode under Win 7 this is where I get the comdlg32.ocx error and the drivers get an error. I cleaned the contacts on the battery and the charge and Pleo. Any idea of how to remedy this. Maybe how to register comdlg32.ocx under WinXP as it will not run regsvr32.exe.

Thanx,
Lou ??? :-X

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
Re: HELP! Dead Pleo
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 01:20:09 PM »

Maybe try reinstall the latest firmware ?? Hope some 1 here can help you I've not had this problem myself sorry
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

loumsc

• Member of the herd
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 02:10:44 PM »

Thanx, I have tried but with the driver errors I cannot even do that, he won't even run from an SD card.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 02:33:25 PM »

My first thought is the battery has died, even Ucube ones can die.

Second thing, just google that missing file and replace it on your computer, then run dinomite again.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

loumsc

• Member of the herd
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 04:12:06 PM »

Thanx all for the help, I guess I will have to wait till I can afford a new battery. BTW over on Thingverse there are STL files to create new battery holders for PLEO. This will allow you to use standard rechargeables with your PLEO. If you know anyone with a 3D printer they can print out sets of these.

Thanx again,
Lou

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal