Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo rb to get a facebook game  (Read 17120 times)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Pleo rb to get a facebook game
« on: September 04, 2013, 05:45:31 PM »

Well the next news letter is out from Innvo and it it seems that there something new coming in September is a facebook game.  Not out yet but they say to like their facebook page and keep an eye on that for the big announcement of when it is released.

Will be interesting to see what it is all about.  Bit disappointed that it isn't a new type of pleo or a new update.  Oh well.  Will wait and see what this game ends up being like. 

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo rb to get a facebook game
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 01:17:17 AM »

Too bad, if it is just a game on Facebook and nothing to do with winning a Pleo rb, or not a new tool or add on, then I am very disappointed as well. You would think they could come up with better news for all the Pleo rb fans world wide who are just waiting for ANYTHING New, but a game is kind of .........................not interesting in my opinon........wait and see, perhaps I am wrong.  :( %)  RWM :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 02:10:13 AM »

I can't say I'm on tanterhooks waiting with excitement... Mildly curious yes, but if it's a freemium game then forget it.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 08:14:30 AM »

Lol I'm not excited at all about a Facebook game in reality it has nothing to do with pleo rb and what I or any other pleo owner wanted to hear tbh is it :-(

Maybe it is that time now that we all get on to Innvo Labs and say hey we are waiting for the next instalment for pleo rb now we want updates and news of a future pleo rb with even more improvement please :-)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:30:56 AM by barrettgazzy »
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 11:56:37 AM »

One thing I have noticed on Facebook, is there is a BIG difference the past year or so on Innvo Labs and on PleoWorld. Pleoworld has more to do with customer questions  on Pleo rb ( and Ugobe) and PleoWorld will put new news out there and cute little photos.

Innvo Labs used to be fun and had great photos and comments, etc. Then it changed, and all I ever see are new friends who put art work, their products, etc, things that have nothing lots of times to do with Pleo at all.? ???

https://www.facebook.com/innvolabs.pleo?fref=ts   If you look down a few posts photos, you can see the last post that has anything at all to do with Pleo , is in 2012, by a member here on the forum, So sad from what Innvo Labs on Facebook used to be. Anyway, just my thoughts..          :(                   RWM :cat-hug:

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 12:06:21 PM »

A FaceBook game? Okay. In other news...
Yeah. I agree with you, Barrettgazzy. I think it's time Innvo gave us a software update or something.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 03:07:45 PM »

With all the active users in this forum if we all let Innvo know we want a software update and news of a newer model pleo maybe they would take note :-D

Just left a comment on the Facebook page ;-)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 03:12:20 PM by barrettgazzy »
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 04:11:59 PM »

I will go to the Facebook page and leave my comment also, I agree.             RWM :cat-hug:

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 05:15:37 PM »

From looking at the Innvo facebook page RWM linked to this thread I can only assume that this page was essentially looked after by the American division of Innvo and when that shut down it has just been left to float for customers to use.  They actually have two other facebook pages that have lots of pleo activity from them and not much of anything from customers.  One for international users, and one for Asia users. 
 https://www.facebook.com/PLEOrb?ref=stream&hc_location=stream
https://www.facebook.com/PLEOrb.asia?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

Hope those links work :)  They update these fairly regularly with the info from their email newsletter and some cute pics etc...  I think if we want to be heard by Innvo then this is where we need to be making our comments. 
Hope that helps.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 07:54:29 PM »

Kat is right, it was 2012 on the link I gave that last had real "pleo " activity, The pleoworld page does have activity but it just doesn't seem as personal as the old Innvo one was, but also Innvo used to be in the states, so I could be a bit partial...I still think it is good to leave feedback about the pleo with more movement that you mentioned Barrettgazzy. I am going to leave my comments there too.         RWM :cat-hug:

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
  • Pleo(s): Keyla and Léon
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 04:22:55 AM »

A Facebook game?? Seroiously?  >:(

I was really hoping for a new update...  :(

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 10:50:19 PM »

i left a message on the pleo world fan page Facebook page asking when pleo rb would get a firmware update and all they replied was

Dear Gaz Yido Barrett : Please be noted that the PLEO rb firmware is the most updated already that there is not need to download it for your PLEO rb again. We will announce in our webiste if there are any update software .

So seems they did not understand my question or deliberately refused to answer it properly :-( gotta keep trying i guess

Also about the Facebook game hopefully they make it a app compatible with iPads etc that could be a good way to promote Pleo as a lot of kids like these games. Maybe improving the demand for pleo could come out of this which in turn improves sells making Innvo more money and giving them a very good reason to make firmware updates and future pleo's ;-) still if they promoted Pleo rb a lot better worldwide that would happen any ways ...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 04:16:37 AM by barrettgazzy »
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 05:01:17 AM »

Ugh, that is so annoying. For how long have the Pleo RB been out? Quite a while, right? Sure, it's the most updated, now, but we still need a new one some day!

Angela

• Pleontologist
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Guy, LeeLoo, Muisje, Lady Piep Piep, Tredje
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • Busy Busy :'(
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 09:47:43 AM »

Yuck, I do not even have facebook  :(
23 rat pups for sale :)

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2013, 05:45:16 PM »

According to their Asian Facebook page the game is being released on Monday next week at noon. 

Lunamione7

• Journeypleo
  • Pleo(s): Stephan (Ugobe) and Tron (RB)
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2013, 06:46:44 AM »

If it was a game Pleo could interact with, that Pleo could play with you, then I think that would be a great idea.

But a facebook game is not very interesting, I'll wait and see before passing judgement but from what I know so far this will be of no interest to me... or many others by the sound of it.
He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot

You know where steel wool comes from? Robot Sheep!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2013, 08:06:12 PM »

I will have my final look on MOnday, but at this point I can say it does not sound promising at all. I would say on a scale of one to ten with ten being a great new Pleo development, like when Pleo rb came out, and with the Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas cards that Pleo rb can sing to that came out ,being a 7 in my book, perhaps a 6 which is good, but not fantastic, this game is probably geared more to children, or those who do not even have a Pleo or Pleo rb and are interested in anything related to them till they get one, that it will be no more than a 2.............not even as entertaining as Checkers which is allways different.............so that is what I think.......if I am wrong, of course I would love to be wrong and have it be great.but that is unrealistic................I as well as Kat, and many others would MUCH rather have some Important new development............but we get what we get. ??? :-X

RWM  :cat-hug:

Angela

• Pleontologist
  • nl Female
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 11:35:30 AM »

BAH BAH BAH  >:D, I purchase specifically facebook for this game...then I read after a while that I can not even win ....!

"11.Prize ships: Anywhere in East Asia, Southeast Asia, Southern Asia, Australia, USA & Canada"

Very disappointing ...What's wrong with Europe? ..... :'(

Have you played this game? On what spot are you? I got up 34, but that does not matter anymore anyway...

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 02:04:26 PM »

Unless you are very fast, good at computer games and have things like XBOY, etc, or are lucky, I don't think most people are going to get a high enough score to win. I only played once and the high score was already over 500, my God, with a fractured wrist that never healed correctly, ( I only have 50% of it's former use, and range of motion, ) I am very disappointed with this game, I played once and even if I could do it over ten times, the score is never going to come even half way close to the highest score and that was the first day.

I do not understand why they would not ship to Europe, USA must be more expensive then Euroope? I understand being upset too.       RWM  :cat-hug:

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 06:41:55 PM »

Ok I had my one shot at this game and it is really hard.  Also it seems you only get one shot unless you share the game on Facebook or invite 30 friends.  Both those things are an instant turn off for me.  I didn't read the terms and conditions but I am guessing this is where they tell you that the game is actually a competition and not really a game.  They mention something on their Facebook page about 150 prizes.  No idea what they might be. 
The current highest score was 650 when I played this morning.  So no hope there for me with my measly score of 10  :P  The game threw out heaps of ice cubes and chilli and only 2 green leaves and 3 mushrooms in my 30 seconds.  Not sure how you are suppose to get a decent score with that.  also the mushrooms all fell down with two ice cubes butted up against them so in order to catch the mushrooms you had to get the ice as well.   

All up I think that as a competition it is a nice idea.  But it should have been advertised as a competition not a game.  A game to me is something you can go back to and play over and over again and this doesn't allow that without making you advertise it and then you only get one shot at a time until you advertise it for them some more.  It doesn't mention that it is a competition when you open the game up and not in the play instructions either.  It isn't until you have finished that it asks you for your details so it can let you know if you win a prize, and that is where you realise that it is actually a competition and not a game.

All up I'm disappointed.  It isn't a game.  It is a competition.  It doesn't make you feel like your in with a chance to win anything when it doesn't throw out the mushrooms and leaves you need to collect and only gives you ice and chilli. 

I really would have preferred to see them spending their time developing a new os update rather than this sad effort at a game.  Or a new type of Pleo all together.

Oh well, back to waiting.....

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2013, 07:03:33 PM »

I agree totally Kat, I played the first day, got a total of 50 and I am no good at this sort of thing at all and my good wrist is really bad, It is a competition, not a game, I think of a game as something you can play over and over again. I think it was pretty "cheap" to advertise it as a game, when it is a comptetion. A game should rely on not just how quick you are at something and the ice cubes and chili following is more than just luck. I can't imagine how anyone could ever have gotten a score that high in only 30 seconds, seems impossible to me................................oh well.

I would not even play a second time If they gave me 200 pts for free, a waste of time in my opinion. This is a real shame that they did not put more effort into something meaningful and related to Pleo Rb, not some game that took less than an hour to come up with,    GEESH! :( %)                           RWM  :cat-hug:

Midge84

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2013, 06:11:12 AM »

I must be one of the lucky ones that got a good round... When they listed the top 50 places for the first round with 3 days to go I was sitting at 20... Woo hoo prize for me... Wonder what I will get? :cheer:

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2013, 11:35:35 AM »

I got on the top 50 list, but now I learned that people from Europe can't join... It's so unfair! :(

I never win stuff and now I thought that I was gonna win something for the first time in soo many years! Nope! I wonder why they decided this...

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2013, 12:31:46 PM »

I don't know how they do this or decide who can play , etc. I know I saw today that it was almost round Three, I do not know If that means that they get winners from each round or the top players from round one play in round two or if there is a whole new round two where everyone can compete again and then at the end, if there are three rounds, the top how ever many players are chosen as winners or if they have a final competition. I do not think it is very exciting and was disappointed to start with, I do think it is not fair that they limit it to certain countries that can WIN. I would email them or post a statement so all can see and perhaps they will take note and change it. sorry it was put like that. I am with you. >:(         RWM  :cat-hug:

Angela

• Pleontologist
  • nl Female
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2013, 10:36:15 PM »

I got on the top 50 list, but now I learned that people from Europe can't join... It's so unfair! :(

I never win stuff and now I thought that I was gonna win something for the first time in soo many years! Nope! I wonder why they decided this...

Yeah, me too. I have asked them several times why they are not sending anything to europe, no response ....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal