Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About upgrading an Ugobe Pleo  (Read 9610 times)

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
  • Pleo(s): Keyla and Léon
    • My deviantArt
About upgrading an Ugobe Pleo
« on: August 22, 2013, 11:53:49 AM »

I finally got a new battery for my old Ugobe Pleo and now I want to upgrade him to 1.0.2. I have a question though:

When you put the upgrade on the SD card and then into Pleo, do you have to keep the SD card in Pleo all the time, or will it automatically upgrade as soon as you put in the SD card?

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: About upgrading an Ugobe Pleo
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 12:07:37 PM »

Hi Icewolf, no you do not have to keep the SD card in all the time, Just follow the instructions here on this site, ( the upgrades are all here. and very simple, if I can do them anyone can!) Just follow instructions and then remove the card when it tells you done upgrading , and Leon will hatch all over again so have your camera, video camcorder ready if you want to see his new birth! This is one thing I love about Ugobes, they can hatch a million times if you want! ;D Let me know how it goes, Leon looks quite stunning in his outfit too!       RWM :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 02:11:53 PM »

Oh ok! I'll check then :)

Oh, so he'll hatch all over again? Is that normal when upgrading your Pleos?

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 02:18:29 PM »

Yes, each time you upgrade to a new system they hatch all over again. It is only the RB that can only hatch once, Enjoy it! Oh, and if you go to the newest upgrade, the 2.0, they have the longest hatching, and go through what is affectionately termed, "The terrible teens", they get grouchy to say the least. LOL        RWM :cat-hug:

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 03:04:53 PM »

Oh ok, that's nice :) Hah, "The Terrible Teens"! Is there more new lifestages? If I remember right, the old Ugobe only had hatchling and juvenile lifestages, is that right?

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 03:52:37 PM »

No, the lifestages are the same, It is just with the 2.0 operating system, the terrible teens seems to last about 6 or so battery changes where the Pleo does not allways respond appropriately and acts wild, But no the stages are the same. Have you started Leon yet? How do you like the egg and his new energy?       RWM :cat-hug:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 03:57:18 PM »

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=1541.0   This should explain it better, IMR did a good job showing the differences.       RWM :cat-hug:

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 04:40:52 PM »

Ahh, okay. Teenage Pleo will be interesting, haha.

Nope, I haven't got the time for hin just yet. But his battery is fully charged!

And thanks for the link!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 04:51:32 PM »

For what it's worth, once you get past the teen quirkiness Pleo does return to his lovable self. But you have to stick with it :P 6-7 charges seems to take forever lol.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 07:16:32 PM »

You are right IMR, I noticed the quirkiness when I first upgraded Nova and hated it, Then I tried it months later and it did not bother me a bit. Esp if you have several pleos running all at the same time, different systems, who cares and it does go away!   RWM ;D :cat-hug:

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 08:08:43 AM »

Now I've updated Léon with 2.0.1! I'm a little confused though. After he was done updating, he laid down and starting re-hatching. But just after a while he stands up and he's also been walking a little bit. Is that right? Maybe the update didn't work. He does make sounds that I've never heard though, lots of cute sounds. I'm just a little confused it the 2.0.1 really worked as intended *scratches chin*

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 11:17:48 AM »

Yes, this is all normal, the rebirth or hatching is not as long as a RB but longer than the original op system on Ugobes, Yes, they do make cute sounds and there are lots of new tricks they can do. there are videos here that IMR has done that shows how all the tricks go, but you should wait till after the first 6 battery cycles to get used to everything, I am sending you a PM about Leons skin. Great to see him Alive again. RWM :cat-hug:

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 06:16:11 PM »

That sounds perfectly normal, as RWM says.  You might get some slightly random or seemingly inappropriate noises for few battery cycles, but things will settle down. :)

spiccolli

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 01:55:07 PM »

Just follow instructions and then remove the card when it tells you done upgrading , and Leon will hatch all over again so have your camera, video camcorder ready if you want to see his new birth! This is one thing I love about Ugobes, they can hatch a million times if you want!

RWM, would you answer a couple of questions about this?

Does this cause a complete reset of the Pleo's personality, like back to factory-fresh?

Also, Do you have to upgrade to a different LifeOS version, or can you keep using the same one to "re-hatch" ?

Thanks!!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 02:55:23 PM »

Hi, yes when you upgrade a Pleo, Ugobe operating system, when they are done, they hatch all over again, so I guess you could call it, factory fresh. I have tired for example to do a rehatch with the same operating system in place. Like a 2.0 and redoing it to 2.0 again, I would think since it already has 2.0 installed, it would not take the SD card with 2.0 on it if already installed, but have never tried it. If you wanted to do the same one you already have installed, I would downgrade to the lower one, example from 2.0 downgrade to 1.1, then upgrade again to 2.0. The hatching process is a lot shorter then REborns but fun none the less.

I have reset several of my babies over again, just because they had never been upgraded to the 2.0. It is quite easy to do with a SD card and all the instructions are right here on the forum on the page with the downloads and skits. I am not sure if I answered your question or not? Please let me know if this is what you wanted to know or not?                 RWM  :cat-hug:

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;cat=1
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:24:23 AM by mweed »

spiccolli

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 04:16:13 PM »

Turns out that, near as I can tell, I have a 1.1 pleo and the reset script seemed to work perfectly. Not sure I want to move to OSv2 as I have read that the pleos lose some of their responsiveness to touch. Thanks for the response though!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 07:52:17 AM »

Hi, Spiccolli and welcome to the forums! It is true that your Ugobe will not be responsive to touch but only for a short time. It varies with the pleo. With my two it was three or four battery cycles. With others I've heard it continued into more like seven or eight. After that they go back to normal. If you want to stay on 1.1 that's entirely your decision, I just wanted to be clear that the "numbness" isn't permanent.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 04:09:20 AM »

They go through a random teenage patch... Or something, they 'grow' out of it.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

spiccolli

• Hatchling
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2013, 06:35:34 AM »

OK, so I'm trying to decide whether to update to life 2.0 from 1.1. I understand the hatching is longer, they have a short "teenage" phase, and they can do more tricks. I think the longer hatching is cool, teenage phase doesn't really bother me, and I don't really care about the tricks. I'll be giving this Pleo to my grandchildren on Christmas, so I need to make the decision soon.

Does life 2.0 work better overall, enhance the day-to-day workings of Pleo, or make playing with them more fun? Any strong recommendations either way?

Thanks!!!

Alexandri

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • se Female
  • Pleo(s): Ugge,
    • none
    • none
When repeating the upgrade-process multiple times...? (V1.1.1 or PM2)
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2016, 08:02:37 AM »

Hi all,
I have a question, if you "update" a Ugobe with 1.1.1 or PM2 when it already has that OS in it....
I mean as in, It has 1.1.1, and the SDcard has th update with 1.1.1....... is i possible the ugobe reacts differently to the os becaue it has had it already and now gets a do-over?

And PM2, same thing, giving a Ugobe PM2 again, is it possible that something is left in its' data...................banks(?) or that something during the update differs from the first time, and afeter it starts "birthing stage" it seems more ..............grown up sooner?
Or maybe behaves like..... mature sooner even though it's definetly in it's teenage angst period??
I've seen this behaviour, and I don't get it.... any one got any thoughts or knows what might cause this??
And with the PM2 I've seen it happen on several ugobes.........

So now I'm really curious, in case I wanna update myself. ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal