Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Spielberg, 2001)  (Read 2573 times)

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Spielberg, 2001)
« on: August 11, 2013, 03:37:15 PM »

I watched this movie for the second time, something in it, the emotional side, the aesthetics (the box design of David, the humanoid companion) reminds me of what Pleo means for the people like us. And at the end what robotics are trying to create these days, living things with feelings, emotions, empathy. What do you think about this movie? The first part it's amazing ;)

« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 03:39:24 PM by Junkroxy »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Spielberg, 2001)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 05:08:19 PM »

There was a horrible video doing the rounds a while back where somebody entered a Pleo in one of those 'robot wars' competitions.   Horrible thing to watch, what can a poor defenceless Pleo do against a 'battlebot'?   It did not end well.

That reminded me of parts of this movie, which I loved.

Will Smart

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 05:21:41 PM »

There was a horrible video doing the rounds a while back where somebody entered a Pleo in one of those 'robot wars' competitions.   Horrible thing to watch, what can a poor defenceless Pleo do against a 'battlebot'?   It did not end well.

That reminded me of parts of this movie, which I loved.
:'( I also saw the video you referred to when Pleo was entered in a battle bot competition. I felt to sad for that poor, helpless pleo.
Want to help me decide on a name for my green eyed pleo?
Msg me ideas, or you can choose from one of these four names:
Ashton, Jaden, Forrest, or Landen.
(He is a boy)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 08:17:05 PM »

I guess I missed this video though the little boy and teddy bear spark a Deja Vu somewhere in the cobwebs of my upstairs attic.( brain...LOL ;D) What is this story about. is the teddy bear the AI ? Will have to see if it is on DVD or not? That Pleo Robot war is terrible and if I had been there in person, I think I would have jumped in the arena and rescued the poor pleo. terrible thing to do to a perfectly wonderful loveable Pleo. Why not get some broken down other robot more machine like and do the same thing..........................I hate death, even in animated death and destruction of unwanted un needed , certainly not what I consider entertainment. Only thing worse is a BULL FIGHT. that is something very inhumane but I won't get into that here.... >:( :( :(                  RWM :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Junkroxy

• Renaissance pleo
  • Male
    • Pleo Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 05:08:38 AM »

I guess I missed this video though the little boy and teddy bear spark a Deja Vu somewhere in the cobwebs of my upstairs attic.( brain...LOL ;D) What is this story about. is the teddy bear the AI ? Will have to see if it is on DVD or not? :( :( :(                  RWM :cat-hug:

Hi RWM, the movie is about David, a humanoid robot child adopted by a family during their child's coma. The little Teddy is David's best friend. You'll love this movie, the first part was written by Stanley Kubrick before his death, and directed later by Steven Spielberg. The 2nd part it's different, maybe less interesting, but the movie is very beautiful, a modern sci-fi fairytale. :)

Crewella i remember that horrible video too  :(
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 05:10:46 AM by Junkroxy »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal